Missing person

How do I report a missing person in Morocco? The person is missing from the UK but being held in Morocco against her will. UK police have not yet been very helpful. It is assumed to be an honour based incident. Any advice would be very helpful.

@supportworker sorry to hear this.

it would be advisable to reach out to the local police in Morocco but strongly advised to contact the British Embassy in Rabat to seek assistance in the matter.

hope that helps.

Exactly. If the person is British the best way is to contact the British embassy in Morocco or to fly directly to here and report it in the city where the person is missing.

@supportworker which city are they in?

@aviator1 They are in Meknes.

I called the UK embassy who told me as the woman has a Moroccan passport I need to contact the Moroccan embassy in London. I'll try them now. Does anyone know how to contact police in Meknes?

@supportworker my name is Silvina, I know someone in Morocco. Insist with the British embassy, also. I will consult my mother because she knows more than me, send me dm, I help you. She's held against her will to be with a man, to exercise prostitution or to do what?. That point is important. Send me direct messanger, and try to contact press, news, anyone can put it on the media. Make twits, Facebook, put her face. Put her on your WhatsApp stadest and say in it: - if you see her report to the Moroccan police, she's being held against her will ( if is posible put this stadest in English/ Arabian/ Spanish/ french). Don't give up, she needs you

Silvina white in Instagram;) look for me please

Unfortunately if she has a moroccan passport, Morocco will consider her moroccan.

I'm australian born, no moroccan heritage at all but I was married to a moroccan/ British man and have kids.

I spent 5 years trying to get divorced from him and the past almost 3 years trying to get out of Morocco.

I have gone through so much and I'll tell you that the australian / british embassy has been no help.

They literally told me, once I chose to come to Morocco that was my choice and my country isn't responsible for me.

We are usually under the belief that our embassy will help us in a bad situation, that isn't true.

I don't know how things work in meknes but in marrakech we would contact the wilaya, they have a department for foreigner's and all foreigner's have a file. But like I said, this woman has moroccan nationality so Morocco won't consider her as British

@supportworker

Local UK MP, UK embassy in RABAT,  POLICE

@Silvina White

please can you get intouch with me via face book my name is ** on there. I'm a black lady. I need some advice.

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please share your name in private. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct