My Moroccan Boyfriend is not as responsive

Hi All,

I did a post last week about how met my berber-Morrocan man 2 months ago as he was my tour guide.  And he continued to video call me and text me regularly for up to a month after I came home.  However this week he is suddenly very distant, keeps saying he is busy,  promises to call me but did not.  I'm kind of sad and confused.

@Susudimana four years ago this happened to me. (He was not a tour guide). We got back together and we got married.   Once married I discovered that distance that I experienced was because he was in another relationship!    He then regularly used to revive that when bored with me on text messages.    Take that distance as a warning.   Don't be easily fooled by excuses you'll save yourself years of pain.   No one is too busy for a quick text to reassure you.

Probably he is married or he has met someone else.Move on

Trust ur gut, run, I said run !!! It's signal !!!

Don't waste your time for a spouse who not respect you, if ur not prioritize move on ! You can find better person, U deserve better, 4 years is too long for wait him understand you.

@Susudimana

Hey Susu,I'm really sorry to hear that, but let me tell you that As a successful method of trapping you, my dear, he shows you love and interest and treats you like his little princess until you develop a deep love for him. He then disappears under the pretext that he is busy or has family problems, as his circumstances are difficult, and he needs time, while he is enjoying his time with other tourists.

As much as I would like my answer not to appear deplorable, I do not want you to suffer the consequences of a toxic relationship. True and pure relationships are not based on setting traps for each other and ensnaring them, leaving the feelings to be honest and pure rather than manipulative.

Last but not least, I would like to assure you that Moroccan men are not  like that; you simply met the wrong one.

@Susudimana he is probably busy with a new client tour guiding them and selling the same dream as everyone else.

@Susudimana he is probably busy with a new client tour guiding them and selling them the same dream. He will probably get back to you if things do not work up to satisfaction with this client. 🤷🏼‍♂️

@Susudimana

this is not a Moroccan issue it's worldwide. You meet a person man or woman. Things are ok for a short time then further down the line you realise you can't offer each other anything and happy to have had what you had then one of you moves on while the other stands there going but but but…

it's called dating.

@idouarab2712 exactly.    They have a reserve at all times. Then he will say phone died, lost his charger, Mum ill, car broken down, lost his job, started a new job, no money for phone credit.  List is endless and can never be checked. 

@abizaman nope...too many of us have been hooked to s Moroccan man, had some doubts, but didn't listen to our gut. I may happen all over the world, but this blog is about Morocco and there are too many stories

@Susudimana Hi, what's his name ? and were did you meet him ? what city does he live in ? It sounds like we might have meet the same person ...

@abizaman LOL what kind of “dating” have you been doing? if youre no longer interested, you tell the person and break it off cleanly instead of wasting their time. you need a crash course on decency and respect. otherwise, spare the world your mental issues and stay single

@Susudimana  What is his name ? were does he live ? how old is he ? Please reply, you cant come her drop the bomb and not come back

@abizaman I travel a lot. I have heard such stories happened so far mostly in Morocco .

@Zig8UP

Well said.

@inescoreiadasilva Hi his name is Karim.  He's a driver-guide with Original Travels.

Dangerous to start something with a driver. Most of them are Berbers and already married and you'll never know, young or old. On top of that they have usually lots of contacts to other foreign women to gain benefits. And if he isn't already responsive, I wouldn't keep contact to him

Susu, sweetie where are you from?

Now you want us to condemn and denounce the act of the Moroccan guy.

Well, this is happens everywhere, we know many western women goes to warm countries looking for a worm short period relationship. Mainly for (Sex) and spicy hanky banky live. Many of them gives a big promises that will arrange for those silly people and immigrant visa or a work permit in their countries.

A Moroccan guy is one of those thousands Moroccans whom sailing on those dead boats every year to Europe looking for their chance to get to Europe. What the heck if a golden chance comes to him in his place not to grab it.

But you as his golden chance appeared to be faked ones. That why he dumped you and tried to catch another ones.

@Rondainmarrakesch where did you get the idea that “ most of them are Berber and married “ from? Are you a racist ?

@Susudimana give yourselves some space to clear your heads. If this is just a holiday romance it will fade away by itself. If he is genuinely busy he will get back to you. Relationships take time and efforts from both sides. I hope that this helps. Good luck

@Susudimana  I wouldn't listen to the posters here who tell you this happens all over the world, not just in Morocco. But, this is about a man you met in Morocco, so it doesn't matter about everywhere else, it happened in Morocco!  When I was on a tour in Morocco 2014 I was given a lot of attention by my guide, and he was gorgeous. This was in October, and I had fallen in love with Essaouira, so I went back in Jan 2015. He met me there and we had a great time., then slowly the contact ended. I went back in 2016 for a month and met the sweetest, attentive man, and I happily paid for everything. I had gone back several times and I thought we were in love. We talked about moving there and growing old together. But...when I said I was ready to move there....well the silence was deafening. I couldn't believe it was  7yrs and I didn't listen to the ???'s in my mind, and stomach.

MOVE ON....only your heart will be broken. Listen to the stories women have posted here...he is NO different

Well, you thought you are in love. That your thought. And like you said, you had spent a great time and happily paid for everything. Because he gave you a wonderful and great time. You was happily paid for that wonderful time.

The guy was pleasing you and gave you a great time because you had paid for it. Out of discussion. He showed you a nice attitude as a customer not a lover. Anytime you in Morocco he had to take care of you as a special customer.

You said, you wanna move and settled there in Morocco. I guess it would worked if you said to him, you will bring him over to your country.

He wanna be abroad in your country not in his country. What he will gained of been with you forever in Morocco?

He wanna get international passport. Your country passport. Because he knew if you divorced him, he can get half of what you got.

Being a Moroccan. What he will get after a long time being with you?

We will not tell you this happens everywhere. Because he is a Moroccan and happened in Morocco. This is the fact. Now it's in your mind or in your stomach, you have to get rid of it. Because you missed out your chance and try to find someone else keeping in mind to take him with you to your country and trust me, you will win. Good luck

if you are not happy with situation then move on. You know guys working in tourism are like. They talk to women on daily basis and you can not do nothing about it. Or accept it or let it go and move on. Yes when men are ghoasting woman it means he is no longer interested in her or he has issues to deal with. My advice for all women travelling to Morocco to see a man is to enjoy holiday , to have fun but do not get attached , do not fall in love. Muslim guys are good as friends, as companion but very challenging as life partners and spouses.

Hi all, update:

He has ghosted me completely now despite his previous promises of marrying me and moving over to see me. 😭

@Susudimana it means he has met someone else.

@Susudimana So sad to hear that. But it is maybe good for you. You don‘t need to waste your time, money and so on. Sometimes a scammer could be very patient. He can play with you for years in order to get what he wants.

@Popolushka I would like to add that you deserve man you wanna have. Therefore do not waste of time on people who do not deserve your attention

@Rondainmarrakesch mine was Berber and lied, it was an absurd, getting a foreign women is a way of life for most marrocan men.  Now that I finally opened my eyes  and see all the red flags, I am no one to give advise, or acuse anyone of anything just to tell you the hurt is endless, we feel betrayed, used, joked, desrespected it is horrible and it takes for ever to go away. Just be careful all you women and men out there because it hurts.

@Susudimana got another o e that will take him out of morrocco faster then u, or is giving more money them u

@Rondainmarrakesch mine was Berber and lied, it was an absurd, getting a foreign women is a way of life for most marrocan men.

Actually, for "some" Moroccan men... Mine was Berber and never lied. We parted after 15 years, which is quite an accomplishment for any marriage.

@MA_O_Maroc  I am truly happy for u, I was looking for the same just not as lucky as u. I am truly truly happy for you and all the ones that are real and are happy, I was not that lucky. And only God knows the pain I'm going through.

Many women experienced the pain you're going through and I'm sorry for you. I just posted because I think it's unfair to say that "getting a foreign women is a way of life for most marrocan men" because "most" of Moroccan men marry Moroccan women.

And the pain goes away, like for any separation. Good luck to you !