Public transport to UoM

Hi everybody.

I want to ask if living in Flic en flac is practical if I'm going to be studying at UoM. I haven't entered the country yet so I'm still looking for accommodation. I had gotten one in Flic en flac and the Landlord said it will take like an hour to get to school. Is that true?

Hi,

Flic-en-Flac is a new place to live but yes, it takes 1 hour to go to your university

@nyashakazingizi3 I don't advise you live that far from school. In my opinion it would be stressful and you are not likely to cope when academic pressure begins to mount. Try searching for places around Quatre Bornes or Rose-Hill. You can chat this number for Rose-Hill ***. Cheers

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Flic en Flac is not a good idea. As Pedro mentioned Rose Hill, Beau Bassin, Quatre Bornes these are towns. Flic en Flac is on the coast.  Yes you also have to consider transport. The metro is great so a good idea is to find somewhere on the metro line. Have a look at a map of Mauritius and you will have a better what is accessible.

Good luck

@nyashakazingizi3 it's better find house moka, Rosehill

Rosehill single flat in cheap price, direct metro to university of Mauritius.

Transport after 6 pm is problem in Mauritius 🇲🇺,  traffic jam during peak hours so Rosehill is good place to live .

You can find through lexpress properties,  Google it

Yes all these people are right. It's preferably to live near UoM and have a better quality of life.

Rose Hill and Quatre Bornes are better choices for you and there many studio proposed to students. You can look here propertycloud.mu .

I recommend you to look for a lodging in the vicinity of the metro, it helps.

And you know on your free times you can go where you want to visit, the island is small.

@Iyiola Pedro Thanks so much

Hello,

I work at the UoM. Do contact me if you need any help.

Rgds

Veekram

@veek thank you so much