Morgage in Spain

Hi people

we are looking to get a morgage in Spain and live and work there half the year ,

could anyone tell me is it best to obtain a morgage through a broker or go straight to the banks ?

@keithm2023

i have 3 properties here in Spain and I financed one of them directly through the bank.  Your real estate agent will assist you with this, if he/she doesn't, then get another agent.  My agent did everything for me: NIE/open bank account/ introduced me to the director of the bank / and helped me obtain the mortgage.

hope that helps

Best of luck!

lmf

If you want to live in or near Barcelona, my real estate agent can assist you at any time.

Cheers,

Lmf

@keithm2023

I went straight through Caixa Bank.  The lady who assisted me was outstanding and walked me through every step on the process.  In the end it was a tedious process with lots of paperwork but not any more than what I have experienced back in the states when securing a loan. 

Thanks people

I've seen that idealista has a separate entity and are set up for handling mortgages as a broker !

Has anyone used their services in this regard ?

im using idealista and keyero for searching property is there any other big ones I should use ?

@keithm2023

habitaclia.com

@keithm2023

enviosfoto.com