Can I work a designer in nzd on my Visa which is sponsored by a hotel?

Greetings, Im of 20 years of age from India. I just got a job offer from New Zealand from a reputed Hotel based in Auckland. They are paying me 25nsd an hour + tips and the minimum weekly work is 30 hours. This is for the hospitality sector.

However, I have skills in many other skilled fields such as social media management, graphic design, motion graphics, and video editing as well. And I was wondering if I could also put these skills into use as a side job. But then I talked to an aunt of mine based in Australia. They disapproved of this idea since they think I can only work for the employee sponsoring my work visa.

So I wanted help regarding this. If it is possible I could use the above-mentioned skills of mine to use in New Zealand as a way to generate an income. Also, is 25nsd an hour enough to sustain alone in Auckland?

Im really tense right now, and I'm trying my best to learn everything about New Zealand since this will be an entirely new experience for me. And I don't want to break any rules. So any help is welcomed! Thank you so much!!!

Cheers!