Understanding Darija

I saw recently a topic about how to say things in Darija, the item was about ordering tea.

But my question is, is there a realible site or better still books on the Darija language.

The online sites ive been on seem ok until i tty to tell my Moroccan girlfriend wgat ive learnt and she says shes no idea what im saying, often the sites saying its Darija are often Arabic.

Can you nrlp. Please

https://speakmoroccan.com/fr/

https://speakmoroccan.com/en/

Highly recommendable   

@glennpr

There are regional  differences in Darija  Morrocans can guess what area you come from

Example   in the north you say lechine in rabat limoun   for orange..

@glennpr Hello and welcome. How can I help you brother?

@glennpr I have a book on learning the dialect, which I will send to you via e-mail

@glennpr Darija is a language that only spoken but not written. It's not a proper Arabic as we know it. It's more of a dialect which is only spoken in Morocco. Unfortunately most Moroccans are now writing it in French. There no books or schools for it. I hope that this helps.

To further enrich the discussion and capitalize on what some of friends have said here, Moroccan darija is Morocco's colloquial mother tongue. I don't really think that you can learn it by reading any relevent books or materials, but it can easily be acquired if you're exposed to it and encouraged to talk talk.  Still, there are some famous Moroccan linguits who have standardized Moroccan Darija and discussed its linguistic, semantic, gramatical and other phonlogical and syntactic diamensions. Yet, this can only be helpful for reaserchers. I welcome anybody here who's interested in learning such a language/dialect, and am ready to provide a helping hand in this regard.

Is better to practice this with a native speaker and you are in luck because you have a Moroccan girlfriend. Your Moroccan girlfriend will be the best teacher and I'm sure she will be so happy to help you.

@hosnkhatimaa thats sounds like a good idea

@derekvgiroulle like to point out im English and live in UK

This page is very helpful and darija Translator too :

Https://Instagram.com/babarodarija

@hosnkhatimaa

salam

can you send me one also?

my email;***

chokran

sheikh deen

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct