Marriage in the Netherlands and over-staying short stay visa

Hello, I'm a 24 female Iranian expat worker in Kuwait, I have met my 23 Dutch fiancé online about 7 years ago. We have been together long-distance and met last July and are planning to meet soon.

I managed to get a short stay visa, which expires Feb 28th with a 15 days duration. We are planning to get married, however we are supposed to 'announce' the marriage in the Netherlands to a municipality. The earliest appointment is April 25th, what do we do in this case? Would I be eligible for a visa extension? I really want to get married as soon as possible.

Unfortunately you can't stay in the Netherlands if you want to marry your Dutch fiancee.

You need to get back to Kuwait and if possible fly again to the Netherlands, if you want to get married IN the Netherlands.

If you are married there's also a huge chance you can't stay legally. You're not going to be the first one who has to go back until you have done all the needful, an example is learning..Does your future husband making enough money to provide you? Are you able to find a job in the Netherlands?

I think it's best to talk someone who is knowledgeable at the city hall and ask for all the procedures.

Visit the website for more information the Dutch immigration: www.ind.nl

Congratulations in advance and all the best of luck 🤞

@Primadonna Thank you for your response. Even if I'm Iranian and at risk of persecution and honor violence?