New internet provision

I had to arrange the internet in the new rental. Tried Cyta shop in the Kings Mall as that was what was previously installed but they were unable to find the address of the property on their system and the fact I gave them a picture of the existing modem did not help! They said they could only make the order if I could send a copy of the previous owners bill.  All after waiting for 1 hour in the shop and another 30 mins at the desk :-/ So I left it

The neighbour said they had Primetel so I went onto their web site and arrange the whole thing on line including all the id checks and sending a copy of the electric order. They send emails with links to upload the docs and another web site that uses a copy of the passport and a selfie. Still took 1 hour but better than going to the shop.

Now the order has been place they said 15-20 working days before the connection is live!

Just having to use mobile data for the time being and fingers crossed Primetel delivery faster that estimated :-)

Primetel use Cyta lines...

Interestingly Premetel have finally found my address and agreed to install a connection. They have told me categorically it will be a fibre connection and will deliver 100Mb. I was a bit sceptical but one of the neighbour 100 mts away said he recvd a call from his provider Prime to advise he could change his copper to fibre and pay less per month.  It will cost me 49.00 euro installation and then 14.95 per month. All I have to do is wait 15-20 working days for the installation apparently! Watch this space and I will post an update on how it goes. Oh and they did not ask for a deposit lol

Excellent news.. infrastructure must already exist up there ... I can and have had 100mbps here where I live but it's not fibre..currently have 80mbps . Fibre won't come to us here until late this year or early next ...with a great saving to be had on 250mbps with Cyta who supply primetel with their lines /infrastructure

Primetel called last Thursday to tell me they will be installing today at 14:30-15:30

They called this morning and were here by 12.00. It took them about 30 mins to pull the fibre thru and make the connections. I now have 100mb up and running and the guys told me I am the first fibre install they have done in Kamares! All I need now is the VPN stuff and I can be back on UK streaming.

Very happy with the service provided by Primetel once they got into gear.

Get the right service and you won't need a  vpn