New members of the Montenegro forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Montenegro forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Montenegro if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

I am currently living in Bar, Montenegro. I retired in 2022 and moved here in June 2022. Loving it so far. I am attempting to learn the language. That's a challenge at my age but I will give it my best shot.

I'm from California, and I've been living in Podgorica for nearly three years. I came here on a US DoD contract to assist the Montenegro Ministry of Defense with cyber security.

I love it here. When my work is finished, I'm going to regret going home.

Hello pbryant,

Welcome on board !

It's great to hear that you're enjoying your time in Podgorica. It's always difficult to leave a place you've grown attached to. Cherish the time you have left and make the most of it.

Any plans of expatriating long term and staying ?

All the very best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thanks for your reply!

I am certainly entertaining the idea of staying.

-Patrick

I'm Shahram Taba living in Istanbul and established a company in Budva. I hope to find cooperations on trading fields in Montenegro. If anybody interested on, kindly send a message on my WhatsApp No.***

Its look like there are potential trading subjects specially in construction business in Montenegro and you are welcome to share your ideas.

Moderated by Cheryl 11 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

1f619.svg

Hello nabavi,

Welcome to Expat.com  1f600.svg

You should post an advert in the Montenegro classifieds section.

There is a category for business partners.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dr Austine ( MBBS, MPH) ...I am a General Practitioner currently working in Nigeria.

I am currently available for new and more exciting career opportunities. I will be grateful  to get a connection or a link.

Cheers.

God bless you all.

@austineikwu Hello and welcome on board !

I would suggest that you create your CV in the Jobs in Montenegro section. You may want to search for hospitals and clinics in Montenegro and send your CV as well.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna thank you 🙏

@Boxcarwillie59

Im also in Bar ( Kunje) Im always keen to chat /  coffee etc

Rocky

@Julien

Hi Im Rocky - from Bar originally from Namibia - Ireland - always keen to meet new friends

Hi all.

I am new here. My name is Milica and l live in Montenegro all my life. I am from here, working as official translator for French, Spanish and Italian and as a tour guide and professor for more than 20 years.

Please find bellow my e mail address for anything you need.

Enjoy your life in this beautiful country 🇲🇪

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Personal contact details

@Milica Rajkovic52

Hello and welcome !

Please note that personal contact details should be shared in private. Should you want to offer your services, feel free to register in the  Montenegro business directory

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, everybody!

My name is Grigory. I moved to Montenegro in 2007 from Russia.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Please don't use the forum to promote your services. You may register in the Montenegro business directory

Hello Everybody,

My name is Annie, and I am glad that is existing an expat group here!

I am traveling in Balkans region since 2009, and lived 3 years in Serbia and 6 mont in Bulgaria, 3 years in Montenegro. I can share experience about living abroad with family and provide some french, English Serbian-Montenegrin Lessons.

I am always ready for Nature exploration, to connect with medicinals herbs...here is a fabulous playground for. I am also consulting for Nature activities for school, families, teenagers and facilitating for Nature healing, developing a personal coaching program through Nature's element!

Here in between the wild continental environment and the seaside cost there is so much to discover...let's join!

@mamanature56

Hello and welcome on board, Annie !

I hope you can share your insights with our members wishing to move to Montenegro and those who are already there.

Feel free to have a look at the topics launched on the Montenegro forum. You may even open your own thread should you want to share your experience or just interact with members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, I am new in the community. I am going to move to Montenegro in March 2024. Actually, these will be I, mom and our pomeranian (she is a pretty dog!). Currently I am in Russia, and there is so much information to learn and plenty of excitement and fears, of course. But the more I learn about the country, the more I get in love with it.

I am a writer in 4 languages (English, French, Russian and German): life, witty, philosophical and inspirational short stories, novels, sketches. Literature is my labour of love, my work and passion.

In general, I am a very creative person. So, I and mom are plannning to open a kind of creative studio, making our own cards, souvenirs, short stories on life and Montenegro, for everyday, and many other ideas with art, literature, languages and music.

Languages is my passion from early childhood. I worked a lot as interpreter and a teacher according to my own methodic (the most important thing in every field, from my point of view, is to interest the person in the activity, to show the beauty and the wisdom of the language, then you learn with pleasure and work with pleasure, too). For me the word, the language is a living creature, which has so much power and wisdom in it. Recently I have startied learning Latin, too, in order to understand deeper the interconnection of the languages, and I simply enjoy its majesty.

But, please, pardon me, I can speak on the word and languages for many many hours without a halt, as well as on writing and literature, and art, and music.

I hope, I will also have the chance to perform music, for I have been signing and playing the piano (a little guitar) since very tender age, and music is also a great part of my life.

So, I want to share with the people, who are open-minded, want to develop and rejoice at life, everything I can  - my individuality. And I am looking forward to the multinational community, for it is really great when in one country you can make friends with and learn so many different people, from different cultures.

I am hesitating now between staying in Bar or Herzig Novi, or maybe you can offer other towns or villages to me as a better place of residency and work (a small creative shop or workshop). And anyway, I am happy to learn about your impressions about life in Montenegro.

Also I am in search of the agency who could provide us the services for opening the firm and subsequent residency (there is a number a questions, which I could not find on the Internet yet - for example, can my mom (she is 70 and I am 38) apply for residency as family reunion when I become the director in my firm? if you can help me with this question, it would be perfect).

And in general, I am now looking for new friends, and I am happy to find new ones. Thank you for your attention. I know- I know, I was quite long (but it is already the peculiarities of the writer and artistic person).

I wish you good end of November and fruitful start of December!

@olga_pazdnikova

hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for such a detailed introduction. It helps us to get to know our members better.

I would suggest that you select some of your open questions and post them directly on the Montenegro main forum so that members can quickly provide some feedback.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi Olga ! Welcome to Montenegro :)

Always happy to see artists coming to this inspirational country. I am pretty sure you will love it here, and find plenty of inspiration !

I will send you the contact of a very good friend of mine, Davide, Italian who lives here many years, and who has a company which can help with settling here, and his wife is also Russian :) Check your pm. I believe he can also give you accurate information about your mum.

When it comes to the place to live, I think if you can, it would be best for you to spend a few days in each areas, because even if Montenegro is very small, each area is very different, so you should find the place that matches your vibe :) So if I were you, I would spend 5 days in Herceg Novi, 5 days in Tivat / Kotor area, 5 days in the Bar area.... and see which one you like most and not choose "online" :)

Cheers!

Carine

Hi Carine! Thank you for your positive and encouraging greeting letter. I also feel that I will love it here.

Yes, I'll check the pm and get in touch with your Italian friend. If he could help us with settlement here, it would be great.

Thank you also for your advice to see different areas of Montenegro first, to feel them in person and choose what suits us best.

By the way, I saw that you're a prof of yoga and have many other interests which I share to. That's great! Me too, I love yoga and do it since I've been 20 (on average). And how did you discover it for you? Also what city do you live in? What do you love about it?

Actually, I wanted to write you some lines in French, but it says this section is English-speaking only, so I stick here to English, but if you'd love we can chat also in French (in personal messages).

And what things do you love and not really (if any) about life in Monténégro? As I understand, you live here for quite a long time already:)

Finally, I wish you a cosy evening (it is evening by us already) and a light start of the new day to come!

Hi Bhavna!

Thank you a lot for you advice, I will think over open questions I have and place them directly as topic for the forum!

Have a good day, and find time for yourself too:)

Hi Rocky!

I am going to move to Montenegro in March. And thinking about Bar or Herzig Novi, in first instance. Can you tell me about Bar? What do you love and not about it?

Have a good day!

Olga

@Boxcarwillie59

Hi! I am eager to make friends and also learn more about the country I am going to move early spring next year (I, mom and our small dog).

Can you tell me more about Bar? Is it easy to find an apartment for rent their? What curious things are there to see? Anything you'd love to share with me. Do people understand English everywhere? Or how do you communicate with the local people? Are there many Europeans in Bar?

I wish you a good day!

Olga

Hello everybody !

I decided to move to Montenegro from France in October 2021, because... so many things. :)

I lived in Budva, then Bar, a quick period in Podgorica, and I decided to back in Budva 2 months ago.

I speak French and English, and I plan to learn Serbian in 2024.

For living, I work online as solopreneur in webmarketing.

I'm looking forward to talking to other expats about Montenegro and the Balkans and hope to meet some interesting people ! 1f913.svg

@JohN Jeg

Hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction !

Feel free to interact with members of the Montenegro forum on existing threads or maybe on a new thread.

All the best

Bhavna

@olga_pazdnikova

Hello Olga,

Thank you for sharing your talent and enthusiasm.

I'm currently living in Herceg Novi, so I'd be delighted to guide you and give you some pointers on "places to see or visit".

In short: here there's a good balance for people who like the connection between tradition and modern life, the local and the international; between the sea and the mountains!

As an herbalist, I'm particularly drawn to biodiversity, which includes the beauty of nature, raw cooking, walking, gathering medicinal herbs and exploring their healing powers.

Please to hear from you (on pourra aussi parler français c'est ma langue maternel et le latin par l'esprit des plantes!) 

@mamanature56

Thank you for your reply, Annie! What you write about yourself deeply resonates with my interests of heart and mind. I'll write you a private message (but you need to include me in your contacts first) . Yes, in French then, with great pleasure:)

Hope to talk you you soon!

@JohN Jeg

Hello, John! Would be nice to meet with you once I am in Montenegro (I am moving in March, from Russia). And in the meantime become  "remote friends"

I am a writer and poet in English, French, German and Russian, for ever in love with languages (each language is an endless source of wisdom and inspiration). I also draw sunny illustrations and going to make postcards on their basis (together with mom, she is great in Power Point drawings), plus I make souvenirs out of clay. Plus, music is an enormous part of my life - I sing musicals and romances and play the piano.

As a part of our activities we are going to arrange literature evenings(with friendly talks on the personal experiences) , discussion club in different languages and music evenings. I also give language lessons (aiming to develop the individuality and creativity of the person, and, like me, to fall in love with the language :))) ).

It's in short about me. We may talk in French if you want, for this is truly the language of my heart:)

So, I'll be glad to learn you more, for I am also looking forward to meet interesting people in Montenegro.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055968

Thanks!

Closed