Boat parking and maintenance

Happy new year all! Anyone with experience of keeping a pleasure boat in Mauritius? Storage, maintenance and launching. I'm thinking the north or Port Louis? Does anyone know of boat sharing schemes? Much appreciated!

I think i saw a company in La Balise (Black River) that offered some boat sharing schemes. Not sure if it was Yacht Management or another company next to them.

As per launching and recovering your boat, it will depend on the size. If the boat is small enough that it can go on a trailer, you could launch it yourself from a ramp (there is one next to Botteghitta in Grand Bay for example). There is also a company called Boat-Sitter in the North that specializes in launching and recovering. Never used them so can't comment on their services.

if you're converting larger boat or catamaran, than chances are that it will spend its time on a mooring year-round as the only crane large enough for hoisting succ boat is at the Taylor Smith shipyard in Port Louis, and they don't have space for storage.

In order to own a boat in Mauritius, you will need a local Skipper License, delivered by the Mauritius Authirity. The paperwork to transfer ownership of a boat is also somewhat involved and a lengthy process (3-4 months), even when using an agent. Patience is a virtue :)