Your year 2022

Hello everyone,

Every year, our lives are punctuated by events, twists and turns and all sorts of unexpected things. Local and international news has inevitably had an impact on your life and your projects in Cyprus in one way or another.

As the year draws to a close, let's share the highlights of 2022.

Tell us, what do you remember about your year?
What was the highlight of your life in Cyprus?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your year?

Thank you for your future contribution!

We visited Malta in April 2022.  I'm glad we did - as we used to live there and I was never quite sure that we'd done the right thing by moving here over 5 years earlier.

We were never so pleased as when we came back to Cyprus!! 

We had a lovely summer here, BUT in early August 2022 my husband had a stroke! 

Because the hospital at Polis had all but closed down (except for A&E)  because of covid and the one ambulance there was left was already out, we had to wait for one to come from Paphos. 

All that time wasted!!

One eventually came and my husband was taken to Paphos hospital (after Polis hospital had said that he needed a head scan - and there wasn't one at Polis).

All that time wasted!

I was told to “expect the worst” at Paphos General hospital, where they truly did their best.  Now, almost 5 months later his entire right side is paralysed and he is fed via a tube in his stomach called a PEG system.  He is not allowed to eat or drink anything as it may end up in his lungs rather than his stomach.

That is his condition now - and my memory of 2022!! 

@WestCoastLives My best friend in Tampa, Florida had a brain stroke at the age of 37. He had high blood pressure which was due to his genetics. He was a chain smoker and red bull drinker due to his work stress. Four hours were wasted as he got a stroke and could not call first responders. A colleague of his got a doubt and called the police who alerted the medical services. He was out of coma after four months. His left leg and arm are only at 30% capacity but he is able to do most of his functions now with the help of a motor wheelchair and crutches. I wish your husband a speedy recovery !

@dvb123   Thank you.  Hopeful news!!