Spanish people in Malta?

Hi everyone. I need help from Spanish people living in Malta, more concretely 3 people.

My name is Marc Cuenca, I'm 17 and I'm from Barcelona.

As a Catalan Baccalaureate student, I'm working on a project called "Treball de Recerca" (research work), which has an important percentage (10%) on the final mark.

My project actually consists of an analysis of Malta. There's a theoric part, on which I include general information about history, economy, demography and culture. Culture is in fact the aspect I want to focus on on what will be the practical part, starting from the question "how does an English-speaking culture in a Mediterranean country live?".

My idea is to travel to Malta (I have already booked the flights) with my father from the 6th to the 10th of October 2011. As a prospective journalism student, all I want to do there is something similar to the Spanish travel TV programmes like "Callejeros Viajeros" or "Españoles por el mundo", that is, film in an audiovisual format all the visits I do there and then create with the recordings a programme which should be 30-45 minutes long.

I'm going to be there for 3 entire days, and what I want to do is spend each one with one Spanish person living there. Therefore, I need 3 Spanish people who are willing to spend a day with me, during which we'll talk about how you came up with the idea of moving to Malta, how long you've been living there, how your routine is, and what you thought of the change now and then, while visiting interesting places of the Maltese culture and talking about it. All of that knowing that it's all being recorded for the making of the programme. The places to visit and the things to do would later be agreed with every person.

For all of that I would feel really grateful to any Spanish person living in Malta who'd like to help me.

That's all. If you had any question or wanted further information, don't hesitate to ask. You can contact me on [email protected].

Thanks to everyone.

Hi Acuen!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Only an idea, but perhaps the Spanish-Maltese Cultural Centre in Valletta might be able to help you with some contacts.  They're at http://www.spanishmaltesecentre.org/ .

Thank you both! :)