Shipping my dog from New Jersey to porto

I just wanted to get an idea of how much it will be and what service you used.

Maggie is an Aussie mix and about 35 pounds.

I just wanted to get an idea of how much it will be and what service you used. scioly.org is your quick guide.                                                                                              Maggie is an Aussie mix and about 35 pounds.                                                                                                                                                                                                 -@Steven Hoffman

Shipping your dog internationally from New Jersey to Porto involves contacting airlines or pet shipping companies. Ensure your dog has an IATA-approved travel crate, up-to-date vaccinations, and a health certificate from a veterinarian. Research Portugal's import regulations, including microchipping requirements. Costs vary, so obtain quotes from different providers. Plan travel arrangements carefully and start the process well in advance.

@davissgurban

I worked with https://www.airanimal.com/   in Tampa, FL .  Give them a call.  If you plan to make the airline reservations be sure to tell them or their initial quote can be quite high.

They scheduled the Vet inspection and the paperwork for the FDA.  I lived in St Petersburg and they are in Tampa, about 30 minutes away from me.

I took care of the chip for the dog through my vet and made the airline reservations.

• I attached an Apple Airtag to my dog so I could track her at the airport and see when she was loaded on the airplane.  Quite comforting when I could see she was boarded. 
  • Attach something to give her water, but not too much in case she can't hold it.   You can freeze the bottle if you like. 
  • You will have to secure the flight kennel with zip ties to be sure it doesn't open.

I suggest a direct flight to reduce the chance of your dog getting lost, like luggage.  MAKE SURE YOU MAKE HER AIRLINE RESERVATIONS WHEN YOU MAKE YOURS!!  Some airlines may limit the time of year based on hot weather.

I flew TAP directly from Miami to Lisbon.

The airline will verify the FDA paperwork before they'll accept her.

Once we arrived in Lisbon, I simply picked her up at the oversize luggage door, put her on a cart and off we went.  They verified the luggage tag before they'd hand her over.

Once arrived here I took her to a local Vet who filled out her EU passport based on her shot records from the US, and registered her in the national system.

It wasn't cheap, a few hundred here, a few hundred there, but it's your baby.  My puppy weighted about 35 pounds at that time.

Good luck!!