Rent a flat or a house in the Solomon Islands

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in the Solomon Islands. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in the Solomon Islands.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in the Solomon Islands?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in the Solomon Islands?

How to find a home in the Solomon Islands: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

(Moderated: please post in the Housing section)

need some help with long term accomodation in Honiara, an expat acconodation

Hi sratu,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please can you write an introduction of yourself and how we can be helpful to you?

Regards,

David.

Move to honiara last august and im looking for a  new house ro rent 8k a month 3 bedrooms. Long term.

Hello lenskie,

It would be best if you can post your request in the housing section here : https://www.expat.com/en/housing/oceani … n-islands/ section , it might really help you. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi
I am looking for housing accommodation in the Solomon Islands - Honiara for work. I have 12 months work and would like a 3-5 bedroom house for rent during this time.

How do I get visa to Solomon Ireland
Am currently in Nigeria

Hello!
I'm thinking of moving to Honiara in the next couple of months for a 12 months volunteering position.
Can anyone give me any tips about finding shared accommodation? How can I get in touch with people with an available room? Websites or online groups for this?
Also, any ideas on suburbs/areas recommended around Honiara?
Thanks in advance for any information.

Cheers,
Ale