Teaching, Visa Facilitation, Real Estate, expat children

Good Day

We are base in South-Africs but looking to move to the Netherlands in 2023. My husband and children (5 and 7) have dual passports.

As far as I understand I can apply for a visa facilitation and when we get there, I can apply for a residence permit, and then they will let me know if Im allowed to work. Has anyone been in this situation? Can it be so easy?

Can someone advise on how the Dutch children treat expats? They wil first attend a Taalschool to learn Dutch as their first language is Afrikaans and secondary English.

I am a pure Maths teacher up to Grade 12 with a 4 year Baccalaureate Degree and Level 5 accredited TEFL certified. Will my degree be accepted and which schools are the best to apply for a position as I don't speak Dutch.

My husband owns his own Real Estate company with 20years experience in both commercial and industrial properties.

Looking forward to any advise

Dear Elzanne

Is your husband a citizen of another EU country, or is he Dutch? The family of a Dutch citizen living in the Netherlands does not have the benefit of visa facilitation.

If he is a dual Dutch/South African citizen you will have to apply for a MVV in South Africa.  Once it is issued, you travel to the Netherlands and collect your residence permit there.

Regards

Lee Anne

Good Day
We are base in South-Africs but looking to move to the Netherlands in 2023. My husband and children (5 and 7) have dual passports.

As far as I understand I can apply for a visa facilitation and when we get there, I can apply for a residence permit, and then they will let me know if Im allowed to work. Has anyone been in this situation? Can it be so easy?

Can someone advise on how the Dutch children treat expats? They wil first attend a Taalschool to learn Dutch as their first language is Afrikaans and secondary English.

I am a pure Maths teacher up to Grade 12 with a 4 year Baccalaureate Degree and Level 5 accredited TEFL certified. Will my degree be accepted and which schools are the best to apply for a position as I don't speak Dutch.

My husband owns his own Real Estate company with 20years experience in both commercial and industrial properties.

Looking forward to any advise
-@ElzannevanderWal

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There are no special public schools for non-Dutch kids, if you want a public school then it's in Dutch, and your kids will soon pick it up, Afrikaans is not a million miles away from Dutch.  Our kids all managed remarkably easily and now 25 years later have moved on to Uni/College and are bi-lingual.  The Wiki page on the Dutch education system is useful (link).

With regards to your own diploma/degree; my advice is to start off on the Dutch Government website; this link will take you straight to it, my advice is to read it and any links it provides you.

If you have any more specific questions, please come back to us.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team