Advice on moving

Hello,

My name is Alen and I am from Los Angeles. My wife might have an opportunity to move to Amsterdam through her company. I am assuming myself and our 10 month old son will also get a visa.

I own a digital agency and a credit card processing business. They will be operational back in the states without me.

Will I be able to open a business in Amsterdam or perhaps get a job based on the visa.

Thank you,

Alen

Hello,
My name is Alen and I am from Los Angeles. My wife might have an opportunity to move to Amsterdam through her company. I am assuming myself and our 10 month old son will also get a visa.

I own a digital agency and a credit card processing business. They will be operational back in the states without me.

Will I be able to open a business in Amsterdam or perhaps get a job based on the visa.

Thank you,
Alen
-@Alhose

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You've told us very little, so it's had to be definitive, but based on what you've said, you should have no problem doing the things you asked about.

There is a tax treaty in place between the US/NL, but your business situation will be outside the ordinary Dutch resident and the Dutch social taxes fall outside it, so my advice would be to speak to a tax expert who has dealt with both the US and NL tax authorities.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team