Rent a flat or a house in Zagreb

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Zagreb. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Zagreb.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Zagreb?

How to find a home in Zagreb: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Exactly the questions I am interested into. I have checked some real estate company homepages and browsed through the lists of ad's. Well - just by the look of it and by not knowing much about the city, it all looks nice. But on the other hand, we all know, that in real estate business all over the world people are having difficulties ranging from simply being deceived and lied onto, or by just renting a flat, which is not, what one was hoping for, because one didn't have enough information or experience. So - any advice? How should one look for a rental flat or studio? In my particular case, I would be interested in doing so at first for couple of months.

I do not know how to advise you, it is a minefield, one lady replied to me you could rad her comments and try her advice, all I find here is corporate corruption ith no recourse to correct,legal advice, That is why I am selling and going home and would advise anyone to do the same, at a great loss of money. One cannot deal with these people in a civilised wstern manner, not only housing add banking, governmental hipocrasy and secret red tape and prosseses designed to destroy you mentally. Best of luck, try to get an honest lawyer/solicitor.
Again good luck.
ALAN

You seem to be really sceptical, but there should surely be possible just to rent a flat for some time?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

Settle in Zagreb? not a good idea, biggest mistake my wife and I made coming back, now we are selling our house and returning to ny country UK