Itinerary and New Years Eve

Hello Everyone!

I am a retired SWF from Toronto, Canada and I am seriously considering to make the move to Belize in 2023. Initially I am planning a 4 month visit to find my sweet spot, from January to April. I have been doing my reading and research and just starting to plan my itinerary and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Places to see and visit and stay.

I will be flying into Belize City airport and would like to spend New Years Eve celebrating in Belize. Where do you recommend?

I can't wait to start my journey to explore this wonderful country, bury my toes in the sand, soak up the sun, immerse myself in the Belizean culture, and make new Expat friends!

Linda (aka Mamadoones)

@Mamadoones Hi Linda,

If you have 3 or 4 months, I'd split your time between Cayes, inland and coastal areas. All Districts are very different. Including cost of living.

We started out in a coastal area on the beach, but moved inland. Personal choice.

Happy planning from a fellow Canadian!

Thank you Bridgette,

I was thinking Placencia Village to start and explore outwards from there. Looks like they also have some

festivities to celebrate New Years. A friend from France will join me for the first month so we want to bring in the New Year in the local style. Any tips?

Hope to cross paths with fellow Canadian when I get there!