Terms and Conditions of Use
The term ‘we’ or ‘the website’ refers to Expat-blog.com. The term ‘you’ or ‘the User’ or ‘users’ refers to the User or viewer of our website.
The French version of the Terms and Conditions of Use is the document that legally bounds users, members and the website. The English version of the Terms and Conditions of Use was written for a better understanding from your part and is not a legal document.
The website can modify the Terms and Conditions of Use anytime. The User is required to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of Use in case changes have been made to them, and agrees to be legally responsible for the Terms and Conditions of Use resulting from the subsequent updates and/or modifications. Upon disagreement of the following Terms and Conditions of Use, the User must not use the website.
The website offers to users a wide range of services related to life overseas and expatriation. The website gives access to tools and information that permits users and registered members to contact other registered members (the use).
To access the website, the User must access the Internet. The User of this website acknowledges having the skills and resources necessary to access and use this site. The User of this website acknowledges having verified that the configuration used contains no virus and is in perfect working condition. The User acknowledges having been informed that the website is available 24/24 and 7 day / 7 days, except in cases of force majeure, difficulties linked to the structure of telecommunications networks or technical difficulties, for which the website cannot be held responsible.
The website has the discretionary right to modify, suspend or interrupt the website services without notice, change the content of the website, the operating, the access or any other feature. The website has the discretionary right to limit, suspend or close access to portions of the website anytime, for any reason without notice or liability.
You certify that you are of legal age to use the website, and that you could legally be bound by your obligations if your liability is engaged resulting of your use of the website. You agree to be held responsible of your personal use of the website (and of your member’s name, your password(s), including, without limitation, the use of the website by children under 18 living with you). You agree to supervise any use of the website (in your name or through your account) by children under 18.
You acknowledge that the website contains or could contain information, software, pictures, audio files, video files, animations, flash files, data files, code extracts or any material (referred to as ‘content ’) that are protected by copyrights, trademarks or Expat-blog.com, affiliates or any other third-party (including other members) property rights.
The website does not claim any right for pictures posted on site. The authenticity of pictures and captions is of the User’s responsibility. The website cannot be held responsible for pictures’ authenticity. By uploading pictures on the website, the User gives a non-exclusive right to the website to use, display or modify them. The User cannot use, display or modify pictures uploaded by another user.
You cannot modify, publish, upload, transfer, sell, copy, create derived materials, distribute, transform, display, reverse-engineer or by any other means the content, in part or totality of the website, except with our express written permission or if expressly authorized by the Terms and Conditions of Use of the website.
You agree not to use the website for any illegal purpose, or any purpose forbidden by the Terms and Conditions of Use.
You fully acknowledge that when downloading or uploading any material on the Expat-blog’s server, or when communicating via Expat-blog (chat rooms, forums or any other kind of communication means on site), the following is strictly forbidden:
- Defamation, abuse, harassment, threat, heinous or discriminatory propaganda against human rights, including homophobic or racist propaganda, as well as any other violation of human legal rights, including privacy rights.
- Any illegal or indecent material for online publication, distribution, defamatory propagation, obscenity, pornography or sexually oriented purposes.
- Downloading or uploading files containing software or any other materials protected by property rights or by intellectual rights (or privacy rights and protection of Confidential Information unless you have been granted the requested authorization or own legal rights).
- Downloading or uploading materials containing virus, corrupted files or any other malware susceptible to damage or impede the normal use of another computer.
- Deleting copyrights, intellectual rights or any legal notice or label on any file uploaded on the server.
- Falsification of the origin/source of software or any other material contained in any Expat-blog.com uploaded file.
- Offers of services, even for free, ads, polls, contests or chain letters.
- Downloading any material posted by another user which distribution cannot be legal or authorized.
- Using any communication, content or information obtained through Expat-blog.com for commercial purpose against the activity and/or the website Expat-blog.com.
The website has the discretionary right to delete any user’s or member’s account. The website also has the discretionary right to advise a user’s Internet provider of any inappropriate behaviour.
You acknowledge that contents published on the forums are public communications only. Moreover, you acknowledge that views, communications or contents expressed by other members cannot be imputed to Expat-blog.com. You also acknowledge that no communication can be considered as being previously selected, revised or approved by Expat-blog.com.
You agree not to use Expat-blog.com for destroying, overloading or damaging the website by any means. You agree not to use Expat-blog.com for disturbing other members’ use of the site. You agree not to access other members’ account, systems or networks associated to Expat-blog.com without formal authorization. You also agree not to get, or try to get materials or information available at Expat-blog.com or provided by the website unintentionally.