Study in Qatar
Qatar has developed and enhanced its education system so as to train its own elites. Indeed, schools and renowned universities such as the Qatar University have been created. Many private schools and institutes of higher education have also been set up in the country. Note that tuition in English is often available.
For entering universities in Qatar, basic requirements are as follow:
- Foreign students must be holder of an International Baccalaureate or equivalent;
- Foreign students must have completed 12 full years of study and be holder of a seconday school certificate.
Entry tests are sometimes required.
Citizens of Qatar and nationals of the Council Countries Gulf Cooperation are exempted from tuition fees. However, foreign students must pay tuition fees of about 20,000 riyals per year of study. Scholarships and grants are available. For more information, please refer to the Qatar Foundation website at http://www.qf.org.qa/.
With regards to visa formalities, it is necessary to contact the embassy or consulate of Qatar in your area for more information. Also contact universities in Qatar to find out more about visa requirements.
It is necessary to get a residence permit in order to study in Qatar. You are not allowed to study in Qatar on a single entry visa or a tourist visa.
Carnegie Mellon University Qatar
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
Hukoomi - Education in Qatar
Guide section: Study
Latest guide articles
- Rental process in Qatar
- Difference between Current & Savings account
- Doha after Dubai
- Health care in Qatar
- Driving in Qatar
- Work visas in Qatar
- Accommodation in Qatar
- The labor market in Qatar
- Move to Qatar
- Open a bank account in Qatar
- PARTAAAYY PEOPLE
- Sharing Accomadation - Female Only
- Im a New Boy
- School admission in Jan 2014
- master degree in agronomy science