Expat blog Saudi Arabia  Register now

Working in Saudi Arabia

 Latest posts on Working in Saudi Arabia

Labor law or laborious law?  Posted on 10/03/2015
The recent announcement of major reforms in the labor laws of United Arab Emirates has become the talk of the town among expats working in Saudi Arabia.Read more » Working in Saudi Arabia
Read more
Old stuff in a new bottle - once again!  Posted on 08/18/2015
Okay, I didn't want to use the W-word in the title, that would be too much for some to take, but jokes apart, the "new" announcement by the Ministry of Labor this week about 19 jobs which were reserved exclusively for Saudis...
Read more
Changes to family visit visa rules  Posted on 06/27/2015
The changes announced by the Passport Department to the rules governing family visit visa are small, but significant.Read more » Working in Saudi Arabia
Read more
All about the 3-year ban  Posted on 06/06/2015
For expatriates working in Saudi Arabia, the recent announcement of the 3-year ban on those who fail to return to kingdom before the expiry of re-entry visa has caused more confusion than clarity.Read more » Working in Saudi Arabia
Read more
Changes to labor rules  Posted on 04/12/2015
In the midst of the din around other news, the most important one affecting expatriates working in Saudi Arabia got almost drowned. The announcement about changes to labor regulations brings mixed feelings. Here are the highlights of what...
Read more
POA for death compensation cases  Posted on 03/08/2015
When I initially wrote the procedure (click here) for the formalities to be followed in case of an unfortunate death of an expatriate working in Saudi Arabia, little did I expect the emotional outpouring which followed in private emails to...
Read more
Family visa process still not online  Posted on 02/13/2015
Long time expats working in Saudi Arabia have now got used to the grand announcements made in the local press raising expectations each time, only to be badly let down. This time too, was no different.Read more » Working in Saudi...
Read more
New restrictions on family visit visa renewal  Posted on 12/29/2014
The new restrictions imposed by the Passport Department on renewal of family visit visa has caused a lot of heartburn among expatriates working in Saudi Arabia.Read more » Working in Saudi Arabia
Read more
Show all posts (10) 


  • Afzal butt
    Afzal butt 01 October 2015 08:40:50

    sir i was working in a company. the company is not giving us salary on time. still my three month salary pending in the company. my iqma had already expired from 3 month. the company was not renewing my iqama. therefore i took transfer in another company. so the previous company is not giving my passport. is there any legal rule to getting the passport from the old company.

  • sehnan
    sehnan 30 July 2015 16:28:06

    Sir I work in ksa 8 years before I visit Saudi I was 17 years old and make my passport 22 years age.with uneducated documents. Now I am in Pakistan I want to make my passport on original date of birth.and go again Saudi Arabia is there any issue? Plz reply me ass soon as possible thanks

  • RAJEEV123
    RAJEEV123 12 June 2015 17:08:25


  • Fareed mohammed
    Fareed mohammed 16 May 2015 21:47:15

    I am staying in saudi arabiya since 20 years now my company is not paying salaries since 4months and also not approving my exit request i have a American green card with a indian pasport should I approach us conslate to get my sevice benefits as well as exit need your advice asap

  • Saudi_londoner
    Saudi_londoner 10 May 2015 15:09:54

    Hello All,

    I am from London, working in Riyadh right now on a Business visa.
    My salary includes a 'travel allowance'
    Who should pay for my trips out of KSA for entry/exit (visa purposes).. should this be from my travel allowance? as my contract is not clear on this point...
    What are your experiences...? thanks in advance for replies!

  • Monu55000
    Monu55000 16 June 2015 22:08:58

    Usually its written in contracts eg (Once /year paid travel or more).If not there then u can claim your travel expances in your salary part which is included in your CTC.

  • crimson123
    crimson123 06 May 2015 15:04:34

    good day! i have an indian friend who worked in Saudi before, his contract was ended. Due to his excitement of going back home to India, he forgot the company's exit papers. Now, he has plans on going back to Saudi and work there. My question is, can he go back and work to Saudi even if he forgot to get his exit papers?

    Accoding to him his visa is not yet expired and he will be under a new employer. Please advise. Thanks!

  • shariq wwf
    shariq wwf 08 April 2015 04:50:57

    If my iqama will be expire and my company said w'll give you exit it's possible or not and one more thing my company said we send you india when your iqma expire after one month how
    If I'm go to labor court it's better before expire my iqma

  • ExpatAmboy
    ExpatAmboy 18 March 2015 17:57:56

    Question: Our company already notify us and discussed our last day of work, this coming March 31, 2015. However, our February & March salaries and other benefits are not yet paid. My question is, what if our Employer did not paid us before we final exit Saudi Arabia? What do we suppose to do? Please advice..Thx.

  • syed.saifudeen@gmail.com
    syed.saifudeen@gmail.com 12 March 2015 06:13:20

    Hello! I applied for my parents visit visa on MOFA site, then did chamber verification. Now the status in mofa is that the chamber verification is done. But this stays same for a long time (since 1st of March), no change. whats next and how many days will it take to update the status? Please do reply!

    RAVISHEKHERGIRI 14 September 2014 19:53:48

    I am working in Saudi Arabia before two years, and I want to leave this company but my employer is not giving me Exit. I have got job in OMAN. I can join job in OMAN with Saudi RE-ENTRY EXIT VISA while still my Iqama is valid. OR any problem have to face.
    Kindly advise us ..................

  • mukesh9999
    mukesh9999 03 June 2014 12:52:42

    I am in Riyadh on VIsit visa. I am MCA from IGNOU and want to apply for IQAMA in Saudi Arabia.Will my degree Certificate be recognized and attested by Saudi Embassy in Delhi.
    Please Reply

  • shoaib.fyz
    shoaib.fyz 06 March 2014 17:37:50

    Dear Expatguru,
    I am working on Engineer visa if i go exit and come back in another company but that compaany has only technician visa available then can i come on technician visa is it possible or not ?

  • manish.kumar123
    manish.kumar123 18 February 2014 19:29:47

    Dear Expatguru,
    Punjab india state in which I repeatedly salon, the last eight years'm working! These are my own salon! Now I work in saudi arabia I want a barber salon, but I have no work experience Certificate licensence or Not! What do I tell you?

  • manish.kumar123
    manish.kumar123 18 February 2014 19:27:32

    Dear Expatguru,
    Punjab india state in which I repeatedly salon, the last eight years working hoo! These are my own salon! Now I work in saudi arabia I want a barber salon, but I have no work experience Certificate licensence or Not! What do I tell you?

  • madanydv
    madanydv 18 February 2014 10:51:21

    Dear Expatguru,
    I am having 02 yrs contract with my company with auto removal. I am going to finish 5th yr on 20.04.2014 and want final exit due to health problem and emergency in family, but my employer not allow to go final exit and telling that I have to complete my term 06th year, otherwise I have to pay 01 yr salary to employeer. Let me know what to do? please advise

  • javed kazi
    javed kazi 16 February 2014 10:06:17

    I am teacher and want to apply for teaching job in saudi / jeddha please some one guide me with the details of what documents i should keep ready with me and what all work related documents i should keep ready

  • nilamindia
    nilamindia 10 February 2014 17:22:26

    I want to bring my family in visit visa, but in my passport my spouse name is not included.

    but in my wife PP my name is included, will there will be any issue to process the paper work?
    Please advise.

  • CarloGarcia
    CarloGarcia 03 February 2014 08:02:01

    Hi may i ask if an expat in saudi can hire his own assistant with the consent of his employer or do he have to ask his employer ti hire an assistant for him?

  • sarav05
    sarav05 19 January 2014 20:22:47

    can my second employer ( I joined them on release about five years ago form 1st employer) hold me from joining other company ( 3rd employer) in saudi arabia. I would appreciate , how to ensure I get the release from my present 2nd employer with whom I am in good terms.

  • Superman man
    Superman man 30 December 2013 22:27:15

    good one...

  • ilonggoboy
    ilonggoboy 18 September 2013 11:27:26

    Dear Expat Guro,

    What would you advise?

    I want to bring my family here in KSA. Our project will end on January 2014. Shall I get them tourist or family visa?

  • suzzzz
    suzzzz 04 July 2013 08:59:13

    Dear Expat Guru,

    Can you pls help advsing the phone number of Arar Central Hospital & address.Its Urgent !

  • Mohammadjetaime
    Mohammadjetaime 18 June 2013 18:03:28


    I transferred my iqamah two weeks ago to a new sponsor, last week I was offered another job can I transfer my iqamah again within such a short period ?
    My current sponsor has no objection to the the transfer.

  • pragal
    pragal 18 April 2013 19:33:40

    Dear sir,
    i am pragalathan, engineer from chennai.one month back i had been selected for structural design engineer post in a saudi company who took thier client interview in a consultancy at chennai. my medical were finished and mofa no also given. but my visa status is still in process for more than a month.degree certificate also in verification at consolate like they answered.not a clear explanation from the consultancy.in this situation i heard that for saudi citizens reservation rule. my question is 1. does it affect my visa processing??. 2.How long will they hold the passport in consolate? 3.how to know the information that my visa was stamped in consolate or not?

  • jahan123
    jahan123 09 April 2013 18:22:18

    Iam MBA from IGNOU and want to apply for faculty job in Saudi Arabia.Will my degree Certificate be recognized and attested by Saudi Embassy in Delhi.
    Please Reply

  • qadeermis
    qadeermis 29 March 2013 19:39:53

    Dear Sir,
    I am \"Qadeer Abdul Mohammed\" from India going on free Visa to KSA(Riyadh)after getting Iquama I want to search Job and work there. But suddenly I came to know that New rule of 10% reservation for Saudi Nationals, now tell me how safe is for me to go and search Job there. I am having 7 years of Experience in INDIA. I am into management Side I can handle Jobs like (Administration,Executive Assistant, Secretary, Sales Coordinator, MIS Reporting) and other Non-Technical Jobs. Please advice me. My Email Id is \"qadeer929@gmail.com\"

  • mateenmaeen
    mateenmaeen 28 March 2013 08:15:50

    dear sir, m an indian came to saudi arabia 7 months ago...soon after landing in riyadh i contacted my sponsor but came to know tht my sponsor died in an accident...from tht moment I am running pillar to post for the solution...there is no 1 from my sponser\'s side coming forward to prepare my iqama...there is no trace of any relative of my sponser...m in dire situation i have complaint to the ministry of labour in riyadh 4 months ago but no reponse...m juss worried what will happened in the future please help me n show me the way out from this mess

  • Makbar
    Makbar 23 March 2013 08:45:16

    my profession of iqama is aamil mumari and i want to change it. i have a certificate of ITI FITTER 2 years trade from india. so, can you please advice me which profession can i get and is it eligible to bring a family here in saudia arabia.

    waiting for your reply

  • hamza.amir
    hamza.amir 16 March 2013 23:09:00

    Dear Sir,

    I am working at Saudi arabia. Recently I got visit visa for my mother and has been stamped now. I told by my travel agent that my mother has to travel to saudi arabia within 30 days from the time of stamping. Now my vacation return date has been changed. It requires atleast 50 days time for my mother entry to saudi arabia. My question is whether my mother can travel on the same stamped visa or require new visa. I would appreicate your reponse to this post.

  • rafiqirshada
    rafiqirshada 09 February 2013 17:51:35

    HELLO SIR , PLEASE GUIDE ME AS I have got an opportunity to work in the hospital as doctor in KSA. Every document is ok and attested but only thing is that, what i have to do with my exprience certificate . should i attest it anywhere or it is enough translate it in arabic?.i have no idea about the legalization of experience . please help me . thank you . rafiq_irshada@yahoo.com

  • sarfrazehs
    sarfrazehs 10 January 2013 12:31:58

    Dear Sir/ Readers,
    I came India from Saudi Arabia on emergency leave but i could not go back saudi arabia, My iqama expire on 20th august 2012. I selected by saudi company, please tell me can i go KSA.

    Sarfraz Ahmad
    91 8446858551

  • Saif 30 June 2012 18:04:50

    Thank u sir for healping i was in saudi arbia more than 11years 1 came exit 2012 on my passport date of birth wrong i want to change in india i renewed one time in riyadh if i go back again saudi i have finger prit done there sir any problem on airport sir reply me soon Thank you

  • Mohammed Riyaz Khan 03 June 2012 14:09:29

    Dear Sir,

    I am Mohammed Riyaz Khan working in Saudi Arabia as Mechanical Engineer since 8 month but due to some personnel family problem i would like to go back to India as soon as possible but my Saudi employer is not permitting me to leaving the country. I don,t have any relative here in Saudi Arabia please help me.

    Mohammed Khan

  • Tickoo 11 May 2012 12:02:38

    Dear Guru,
    I have got an opportunity to work for Landmark Retail Group Saudi arabia location. I am an Indian, I wan to know about the company & culture of working in saudi. They had offered me 7000-9000 SAR is that fine.

  • AmitSharma.82
    AmitSharma.82 05 May 2012 13:44:11

    I got Visa slip from my company in saudi Arabia as a computer programer . I have done BCA and ADCA from IGNOU. I attested my degree from Delhi HRD and EMEA. But saudi Cultural refuse to accpt it because of distance learning.
    Please let me know what is the solution for this issue. Because my company in saudi arabia do not have issue with my study.

  • Irfan. 29 April 2012 18:58:02

    Dear Guru,

    Excellent work, helping out everyone.

    Looks like its my turn now. My company recently changed my profession on iqama and unfortunately the person responsible for this work has lost my degree certificates, so do i have to report to police or visit indian embassy or visit india and start process for duplicate certificate. What should i do? i am just lost.. Please help me.

    Jazakallah Qaer.

  • suhail 12 April 2012 21:47:09

    Assalamalaikum my aqama is telecom tech all my documents attested.i have my diploma degree attested.do ineed also high school certificate also.reply.

  • khaleel 19 March 2012 13:16:59

    hai im khalee last 3 moths im working at hotel bt nw my mother was hosptal so i want go back inda wht i do plz tel me urgent and i ask my sponcer he told me give me my all vages and go wht i do im poor family i need help its very urgent.

  • MS 18 March 2012 15:39:41

    salam. Congts for blog.
    My profession mentioned in iqama is Ele. Engineer, and i want to bring my mother, father and grand mother here in KSA. Is it possible to bring grand mother?

    Pls giv reply.

  • Abdul Mannan Shaikh 11 March 2012 11:03:09

    Dear Expat Guru,

    My wife is pregnant and i need to urgently call my mother-in law on visit. When i went to apply for the visit visa alongwith the application form, wife pregnancy reports, iqama copies, mother-inlaws passport copy..... they needed my degree certificate, when i provided that they wanted it to be attested by saudi embassy.Im running out of time. please help me. can the attestation be done here in jeddah or i have to send it to india. can i apply for visit visa without degree certificate???? please guide me ......... is there anyway i can apply for visit visa without my degree? coz attestation in india will take time and i dont have time ........ coz the due date is coming nearer. Pls reply soon

  • Jebaraj Danie Fork 11 March 2012 09:51:10

    Dear sir,

    my iqama is construction labour visa,but i am working in my company Quality controller. i plan to bring my wife as visit visa,this profession is enough for family visit visa,otherwise what i want to do please explain me.

  • swati patil 05 February 2012 11:49:07

    1 my friend who is working in riyadh with Temporary work visa when he visit in india that time mumbai airport office collect their passport office ,but as per my knowlage each person come out with his passpot this type no rule .so i am confuse he try to cheat me or something so pls provide me correct rules about it ,thanks

  • faheemakram
    faheemakram 31 January 2012 10:29:35

    Hi Guru, I really appreciate your advice's, they really mean a lot for us.
    I have a query...that is my current company is in red category due to niqaty programme....Alhamdullilah i got another job and willing to move but our company's attestation in chamber of commerence is no more valid due to non payment of 11500 sar, and my ceo is not willing to pay for this as he wants to close the company.Can you tell me how i can attest my iqama release papers from ministry of commerce(gurfa-e-tajaria) ??

  • nihar 25 January 2012 08:44:49

    Hi Guru
    Could you be my creator?. Else at least give me a good advice to create a better job portfolio. Please.
    Well as said earlier I am a diploma in Mech. And a Graduate of commerce from Madras. Actually I completed my graduation to do MBA. Right now i am working in Jeddah, KSA as a Prod. Mang. All I wish you to suggest me to the colleges Jidda-KSA which have Production stream in MBA.
    Part time or executive any would do, else if correspondence with any Indian/foreign University?. I do not want to waste my two years, and also evenings i have a lot of spare time.
    Email Nihar_paul898 at yahoo dot com. Waiting for your best solutions, Regards, Take care, Nihar

  • kathiresan 10 January 2012 11:08:30

    hai sir, i have a Jop opportunity fromATCO group at Dammam king khalid steet saudi and i want to kno about my jop details how can i get

  • Buy software 07 November 2011 14:00:45

    MlMYaQ Cool! You have answered. I'll take a quote! The meaning of life and everything else. Decided. No kidding!....

  • rvrraju
    rvrraju 13 October 2009 08:50:05

    Hi Expat guru,
    Good to have lotoff stuff in your blog.it is very helpful for new comers.
    I have completed my B.tech in computer science and engineering in 1999 and i have 8 years experiece as system administrator.
    I got offer in saudi as a system administrator in a good company through some consulting company in saudi.
    type of job is global contract and initially valid upto 1 year later it will be renewed.
    I came across through many friends and your blog that certificate attestation is required to get work visa in saudi and in my case there is no certificate attestation done but i get entry visa which is valid for 90 days and designation mentioned on this visa is air condition technician.
    my query is : am i eligible to bring my family on aircondition technican, is attestation required now to get family visa.
    I yet to get iqama and it is under processing and takes another 10 days.
    is it possible to get job visa(90 days validity entry visa) with out certificate attestation for air condition technician(mentioned on that entry visa).
    i am in totally confused state please answer my queries.looking forward your reply.

  • mohd arif 01 August 2009 20:11:37

    i went to saudia arabia on electrical engineer visa .due to lost of my passport i came back to india on emmergency certificate(E.c) (jeddah)from saudia arabia.in india i apply the same E.C and the old passport copy in passport office with that i got the new passport .but old passport number was mentioned in the new passport .i would like to know i cam go back to saudi on new visa .

  • faisal 30 July 2009 00:16:42

    recently, i have came from Pakistan on work visa, my qualification is MBA (Finance), MA & LLB with 10 year working experience. Please tell me that what should be my salary level in Saudiarabia in any organization. i am waiting for your possitive reply.


    Cell No. 00966 567740960

  • SALEEM 27 July 2009 17:32:31

    hi i am from dammam(ksa) i want to change my professiont to construction labour to normal labour ..its possible.. please explain me ... its very urgent.. bsaleem_storm@rediff.com thank u
    by saleem

  • saleem 22 July 2009 19:39:12

    hi i am from dammam(ksa)
    i want to change my professiont to construction labour to normal labour ..its possible..
    please explain me ...
    its very urgent..
    thank u

  • rafiq 21 July 2009 10:49:30

    Sir, I would like to know im going to apply for permanent residence visa for my wife in august 2009 later im going to india and i will come back on october 2009, I want to know till how long the validity of visa will be their to stamp in india. please tell me the validity time to stamp visa in india for residence visa/permanent family visa

  • sarav05
    sarav05 19 January 2014 20:18:24

    Dear Rafiq,
    Did you find the answer , it is similar to my case . But with my 2nd employer I have completed 5 years and looking to change now.Can they stop me? please let me know your advise.

  • Nasar 20 July 2009 10:13:18

    Dear Sir,

    i got transfered my Iqama ( First Transfer) 6 months before; now I have another attractive job offer and want to transfer my Iqama; can i get it transfred before completion of One year. Someone told me that I have to complete one year with my current Sponsor. Is it correct, Sir? I need your guidance in this rgard.
    I shall be grateful to you

  • Mohammed Babu 19 July 2009 13:45:20

    I am working in the Kingdom since 6 months. Now I got a better offer from another company. My sponsor is ready to give me exit only without NOC. I wanted to know can i make a comeback after exiting from Saudi Arabia. Is there any duration that i have to spent in my home country.
    Mohammed Babu

  • RJ 18 July 2009 11:20:32

    Iam working In saudi arabia having transferable Igama.Now I got a job in other company as Sales&Marketing Manager.In my Igama the profession is Mechanic.Will it cause any problem while changing the sponsorship.

  • Libu Varughese 07 July 2009 07:12:11

    Dear Sir,
    My brother has been offered a visa called "trade visa" by one of his friends. His friend says that a person coming on a "trade visa" can work for any company in any position. Is this true ? When my brother finds a job, is it easy to transfer the trade visa to the sponsor's visa ? What is the penalty in case somebody is caught working on a trade visa with another sponsor ?

  • Dr. Moiz 04 July 2009 08:19:55

    Dear Expatguru,
    Ur doing a great job!My question is, How long can my son stay after getting a final exit on his passport in saidi arabia? when he has to leave the kingdom?
    thank you.

  • mohammed 30 June 2009 10:57:01

    Hi Sir,

    Can you please tell me what are the good professions which i can change to??
    i have got B.COM With Computer Science Certificate all attested.
    my proffession in iqama now - Labour.

    Please reply

  • RIYAS 22 June 2009 15:23:52

    hi Sir,
    I have labour profession in my iqama, can you tell me howmany dayys it will take to change the profession??/ i have got all my certificate attested./

  • jamsheer 21 June 2009 16:24:42

    Firstly I would like to appreciate for the efforts you take, ur blog is very much helpful for expats like me.I am an Indian. My present iqama profession is CARPENTER. and I am working as an Executive Secretary in a construction company. Now they are asking me to change kafala. They have offered me family status, annual vacation, vehicle etc. As far i have checked ur blog, i came to know that carpenter is not able to bring family, also admin positions are for Saudi nationals. Can i change my profession from carpenter , also, i know most admin staffs working here are expats. If my profession can be changed, can u suggest in a construction company, which profession can i bring family.
    thanks and best regards,

  • Faruk 21 June 2009 10:45:06

    i did M.C.A.i need to change my profession regarding my family status.So please let me know saudi ministry will accept mca degree to be change as computer eng or computer programmer.

  • mohamed 17 June 2009 10:41:29

    assalamuallikum,i am mohamed,now working in oman.i got the better offer in suadi.Now i am on vaction leave.my contract is going to complete on Nov2009.Without cancelling my oman visa, wether it is possible to work in saudi visa...very urgent plz

  • Mohammed 17 June 2009 07:07:13

    I have labour iqama so i like to change my iqama iam a graduate working as a payroll supervisor please inform me i can change my iqama ?


  • Nizar 15 June 2009 16:50:42

    is noc is mandatory? in saudi arabia for those indian citizens came on exit

  • waleed 15 June 2009 14:50:18

    sir, couold u pls let me know abt a company called arabianfal company of saudi arabia. pls treat this msg as a sos.

  • Ijaj 15 June 2009 07:55:10

    Dear Expat Guru,
    Your advise are very useful for all expats.Need your help...for similar topic.
    I am an Indian working in riyadh for last 1 year as Financial analyst.I have got an better offer from another company.My organization will give me exit without any NOC.Can I leave KSA and come back on a new visa sponsered by new employer?
    Secondly ,I have heard that saudi embassy has started doing certification of degree from university and HRD ministry themselves.Is it true?Since my certicates were already certified and accepted by them a year back, does it require to be certified again? Please update me with the latest answers as rules keep on changing for saudi embassy every now and then?


  • Sekar 10 June 2009 13:43:17

    Dear Expat Guru,

    I have been offered a position in Jeddah. The Iqama profession is Cost accountant. Will this entail me for a family Visa and will me and my family be allowed to visit neighbouring countries. Pls. advice

  • hamed khan 06 June 2009 10:53:59

    how to change my iqama profition in saudi arabia , i am working jeddah

  • mdafif 30 May 2009 20:45:59

    Dear Sit,
    I came to KSA on labour visa, after six months i changed the profession to Computer Technician, toady i went to Istakdam to apply permanent family visa,with all documents required, but Manager refused me to give permanent family visa, he told you can apply for visit only. He told me that your original visa is labour. What I should do, Please help me

  • ruben 27 May 2009 17:11:13

    Dear sir, I am from India working in saudi as a computer technician for past 02 years,here the salary is very less, I have got an offer from another company ,but my sponsor is not leaving me. I there any thing I can do to get a release from him. Or when I ask him for an exit he says me to pay an amount. What should I do.He has my passport to with him. And my duty time is 11 hrs.no money for overtime .Pls let me know what can I do to get a release.

  • zee 26 May 2009 08:40:45

    Hello, i have just started searching the net on information about working in saudi arabia. I felt the information provided on this was very informative. I am a practising muslim Doctor married to a hindu Doctor. We are both being offered jobs at Saudi. Before accepting the offer i wanted to clarify the religion issue of ours. I know Saudi is a muslim country with their laws, will it be ok if we take a job together and stay together since we both follow different religions.
    Will this be declared in our documents and will it affect our work and stay in Saudi as i think this is not permissible in the Saudi laws. I shall be looking forward for your information before taking a decision. Thanking you in anticipation.

  • mohammed 23 May 2009 13:02:14

    Dear expat Guru you are doing very good job. sir my question is my wife came for professional visa as a teacher we are living together and we are holding original marriage certificate. it is enough to proof in saudia we are husband and wife. please advice me any other proof to show if any jawazath checking or enquiry. please reply me i am waiting for ur valuable information

  • mohammed 21 May 2009 14:29:23

    you are doing very good job.
    sir my question is my wife came for professional visa as a teacher
    we are living together and we are holding original marriage certificate. it is enough to proof in saudia we are husband and wife.
    please advice me any other proof to show if any jawazath checking or enquiry.

  • Jomon George 20 May 2009 15:33:38

    Dear all,
    I am an Indian, working in Maldives from June 2006 onwards. I am a B.Com.graduate with more than 8 years work experience in accounts/administration/store keeping both in India and from abroad. I can communicate in English, Hindi, Malayalam & Tamil very well. I would like to relocate to somewhere in gulf region. No preference in area. Please send me reply to my email ID: jomongeorge@inbox.com if anybody can help me.

  • Mani Kumar Pandey 20 May 2009 07:31:55

    Dear, I belongs from hindu relegion but I want to go Saudi Arabia Zeddah, will it suit me to live there peacefully. can I expect package of 16000 - 20000 SR if I am a Mechanical Engineer with 2 Yrs of ex.

  • vinod 11 May 2009 06:32:27

    i have been contacted by a recruiting agent based in pune "msa consultancy service" offered me a job in saudi arabia without any interview either direct client/phone based nothing-no interview at all.also so far no contract is given to me/asked me to sign.but asked me to finish medical first.can i trust this offer?how to verify the genuinity of this offer?any one can help me.this letter i posted on 11-may-2009 and need urgent help.

  • Bashir Ahmad Shah 07 May 2009 10:10:00

    i have been in saudi arabia for two years but till date i have not got my iqama as my company got blacklisted.i was working in Arar central hospital and my company is in Riyadh.some days back i managed to reach Riyadh somehow.my sponsor gave me the passport as i had to renew it and i got the new passport from indian embassy.now that my company is blacklisted is there any chance of me getting a transfer to another company.or can i get final exit on my passport in a legal way.can i come back to saudi arabia on a different visa if i manage to go on an emergency exit. please advice

  • Jahanzeb 07 May 2009 08:09:49

    I am working in Pakistan in BMW. I have offers to work at saudi arabia please advise is there any way that I can bring along my wife if I accept any proposal. She has Masters degree in English. Please reply as she can not be left alone in Pakistan.

  • SAJID 06 May 2009 16:05:58

    iam working as product designer here in advertising agency and i have been here ta damma for past 7 mnth snow and the contract was signed for 2 yrs now since recession and other low market factors the boss is warning if i dont acheive my target for my team he will send me back to india where i belong ?

    my question is is it possible for him to break the contract for 2 yrs and send me in between and also if he wants to send me in june how many days he will take to make exit papers and will he pay me for that?

    pls help what to do?


  • Bashir Ahmad Shah 06 May 2009 11:30:20

    Dear Guruji. i am really very impressed with your answers to the questions here. i am hoping you can help me as my case is one of its kind and i am in a real mess.i came to saudi arabia in March 2007 on an electronic engineers visa.after i reached here i was sent to work in Arar central hospital as engineer.as my company is based in riyadh i had to send my passport to riyadh for iqama.i would call them almost everyday for the iqama but to no avail.even the ministry of health and governors office knows about the issue as i have complained to all the offices there.The company was finally blacklisted and hence they couldnt get my iqama issued from the authoirities.please advice me as to what i should do to get out of this mess.can i get a transfer to another company so that i could get the iqama. i have been like this for over two years already.i am suffering for no fault of mine.is there any way for me to get my iqama or to go out of saudi on exit and return on some other visa.please help me as i dont know where to turn to

  • Expatguru 04 May 2009 18:56:14


    It is impossible to bring them on a family visa as they are all above 18. However, your daughter alone could be brought on a visit visa. Your sons cannot be brought as they are considered, under the eyes of Saudi immigration, to be potential job-seekers as they are male and over 21 years of age. Sounds illogical, but that's the way the system is. Unfortunately, this is the way of life. Good luck!

  • Debra Crary 04 May 2009 15:43:14

    Love the blog and I hope you can help me. It's a little tricky!!!!I (U.S. citizen)am working in Riyadh at a university and have my husband (Mexican) here as my dependant. I have three children: a single daughter 27, two sons 23 and 20. My sons and daughter are completing their studies this summer in Mexico and wish to join us here on a family visa. It is absolutely impossible to live in Mexico with the violence and current economic crisis. There is really no where else for them to go. Although they are no longer minors, can I get a family visa for them so they can stay with us indefinately? If so, how would I go about it?

  • muhammed imran 25 April 2009 20:11:27

    salam, hello , iam working in saudi arabia in zahran company, but my salary is very low, if i want to change company in saudi arabia , wat is way . for changing the firm and i want some web site, who will provide visa , thaku you

  • jinu 24 April 2009 22:13:09

    dear expat guru,the information you have put up here is really appreciative. I hope you can help me also, my schooling was in saudi arabia and i still have an iquama (non work) under the sponsor ship of my dad.Now i got an offer from a company but they dont have a visa wrt now. But i have heard from mnay people that if i have a residential visa (under dad sponsor ship) i can transfer it to work visa easily. If you know the formalities for this can you please let me know. thank you

  • delvi 23 April 2009 19:08:44

    one of my friend leave saudi on emergency leave ,as he got job in uae but he is having exit reentry stamp on passport ,so for uae there will be any problem or not,

    even his co of sa knew he joint uae co.

  • stanlee 22 April 2009 03:28:38

    hi expat guru, my profession is General Electrician(Kharbai Aam)is this profession entitiled to bring family.

  • Rashid khan 20 April 2009 09:08:29

    assalam u alikum .
    i want to go to saudi arab for working as a labour pls invite me

  • Habib 01 April 2009 16:47:03

    Dear. thanks for the valuable information u are providing. due to current economic recession , my company wants me to transferred to dubai, i would like to know 1) if i go on exit re entry visa and does not return before its expiration, in future would i be able to come saudi arabia again on employment visa. pls. help.

  • arshad hussain 23 March 2009 19:11:43

    hi i am arshad hussain i want to come saudi for job as accounting and finance its good for me if i come to saudi i am from india i have a experience in accounting so please help me please reply as soon as possible

  • Raza Mohammed 04 March 2009 16:28:43

    Dear reader I have tricky situation here, I will best try to explain it.
    Well, I had been to Riyadh (KSA) in 2006 on Visit Visa for a project.
    I had got an offer with Riyadh Military hospital and they had converted my Visit Visa to Working Visa and given me Iqama under there sponsorship.
    Later in 2007 November I planed to leave this company, I had many good offers but the issue was this company being a ministry didnít want to release me.
    So having no solution out I had to plan for my vacation and not coming back.
    Now I wanted to go back to Riyadh but not working with the same company.
    I have a valid exit re-entry visa.
    I wanted to find out will it be possible to reach there on this visa and convert it.
    Can I get a visit visa irrespective of holding a valid exit re-entry.
    Thank you.

  • Expatguru 03 March 2009 07:37:58


    The complete details have been mentioned in my blog www.workinginsaudiarabia.blogspot.com, so please refer to it.

  • Nms 02 March 2009 07:29:44

    Hello GuruJi,Good job you are doing,thanks and May Almighty bless you..
    Here,I am wrking as engr with a Drafsman visa,and would like to bring family(Wife and twoKids) for 2 months visit visa.What are the documents to be submitted here for getting visit visa.Is it necessary to have Documents like marriage certifcate (attested or Not attested),Birth certificates(Attested/Not attested) along with PP copies.And is it necessary to personally present to get the visa?
    Please advice me. Thanks NMS

  • Expatguru 26 February 2009 15:32:18


    It is impossible to convert a family visit visa into a family visa.

  • Rizvi 25 February 2009 11:35:31

    Dear Expat Guru,
    My wife will come to KSA with a visit visa. Is it possible to convert a visit visa to family visa? Thanks.

  • Expatguru 20 February 2009 18:47:16


    As per the latest rules of the Saudi Consulate in Mumbai, Indian nationals can return for work without an NOC immediately if there is an exit visa. In case there is only exit/reentry visa, they can return after one year. In your case, you can return without an NOC anytime after the end of April, 2009. Good luck!

  • SB 20 February 2009 10:41:04

    Dear Expat Guru,

    I came across your blog and found it very interesting. Really appreciate your sincere efforts in providing valuable and up-to-date info for expats of saudi arabia.

    Please advice me on the following:

    1) I returnted to India on a multiple exit/re-entry visa from Saudi Arabia on 27 December 2007.

    2)Visa is valid till 28 Apr 2008 and iqama is valid till 26.04.1429 H.

    3)Could not return due to medical emergency in the family and informed company accordingly.

    4) Company's management and partners changed thereafter.

    5) Have an offer on hand from a new company. But agent is insisting on NOC which could not be obtained inspite of best efforts to contact the old sponsor thru mails - faxes and personal telephone calls.

    Is there any way to go to Saudi Arabia on a new visa?

    Under the circumstances, how long does the restriction apply to go back to saudi arabia?

    Thanking you in advance,


  • Expatguru 18 February 2009 05:30:34


    The system is the same wherever in the kingdom. As long as all documentation is complete, you can submit it anywhere.

  • Jacobs 17 February 2009 20:29:58

    Dear Guru,
    I want create visa for my family, the all document is complete. My question is , my iqama from riyadh, Can I get Visa family in Jeddah ? My company does not have office in jeddah.
    Please help me to explain.

  • sanjaya 13 February 2009 09:03:15

    please,if you have information basic salary for operator boiler position in saudi arabia,thanks

  • expatguru 30 January 2009 06:50:56

    Z, until recently this was possible. The labor office has recently drawn up certain regulations by which a person not having a job matching with his background would not be allowed to work that way. For instance, in Nayeem's case, he is on a painter visa but wants to work as a software engineer. He has purchased a visa hoping that some employer would take his visa, provide him a job and thereafter he can even bring his family. The labor office has now put an end to this practice. Among the professions barred from even being transferred are labor, painter, barber, secretary, operator, etc.

  • Z 28 January 2009 16:30:56

    Guru why cant Nayeem transfer his iqama?

  • Expatguru 28 January 2009 11:56:30


    You may probably get a job here on this visa, but it is impossible to bring your family or to transfer it.

  • shaik Nayeemuddin 28 January 2009 10:39:16

    I am nayeem.I purchase Painter visa but i am Software Engineer, I completed My MCA and i have 3 Years of Experience please help me May i hunt job there by holding Painter Iqama.
    Is it Transferable Iqama or not,
    plz help me by giving your Suggestion.


  • Z 27 January 2009 23:09:41

    Thanks Guru! Highly appreciate the job you're doing. Keep it up.

  • Expatguru 27 January 2009 11:49:22

    Z, Only the guys in passport and immigration departments have this authorization. No one else can view these details.

  • Z 27 January 2009 11:06:35

    Hey Guru, I have a valid Iqama but I want to know the contact details of my sponsor. Is there any website where I can enter my personal details and get his contact information? if not, can you recommend any other way?

  • VM ABRAHAM 10 January 2009 16:21:24


  • Expatguru 28 December 2008 13:58:54


    You will have to submit your present iqama, passport of your kid, birth certificate issued by the Ministry of Interior, 2 passport size photographs of your baby and one photograph of your wife along with your baby and an introduction letter from your sponsor in Arabic. Submit all of the above through your Government Relations Officer to the Passport Office who will then issue a new iqama. Also read the following link:


    Hope this helps.

  • Thomas 27 December 2008 23:48:43

    Last month I had a baby boy born in Jeddah ,Saudi Arabia .I took passport from Indian consulate ,Now how to add his name in my Iquama.
    What are the documents needed

  • Hussain 21 November 2008 12:49:21

    Hi Guys My Name is Hussain HR Specialist in Future Harvest Recruitment Agency. We help persons (Arabs and Non-Arabs) to find a good offer in the kingdom but only for those that have transferable Iqama or a paper from there sponsor allowing them to work with another company. So please take the chance and send your CV to:
    Email: hasad_cv@hotmail.com

    Hot Jobs of the weak are:
    1- Civil Engineer (Location: Dammam) Basic Salary (6000-8000 S.R.)

    2- Financial Controller (Location: Khobar) Basic Salary (4000-8000 S.R.) depends on the experience

    3- Chief of Accountants (Location: Khobar) Salary depends on the interview Basic Salary (4000-8000 S.R.) depends on the experience

    4- Secretary (Location: Khobar) Salary depends on the interview Basic Salary (3000-5000 S.R.) depends on the experience

    5- Programmer (Location: Khobar) Salary depends on the interview and experience

  • Talha 18 September 2008 12:40:20

    Hi there..expat guru..you have been great with your answers and are quite knowledgeable. Thank you. Despite that, I disagree with the last comment you made about expatriates not reaching management level. True, that arabs are in higher positions and are even preferred in positions of senior management level but this is not true in all cases. Expatriates are well placed in absolutely brilliant management level positons with awesome packages. Some get paid even as high as 80,000 SR ($ 21,000) per month. My father himself being a Pakistani, holds a National Position for the Kingdom and same is the case for many others. Therefore, I would not fulyl agree with your last comment.

    Thank you

  • Hassan 15 July 2008 11:20:29

    Thank you for your reply. Sponsor has agreed to convert the temporary work visa. I inquired about the procedure which he did not explain. Are you aware of the procedure? If yes can you please let me know so that I can follow up at my end. Thanks!

  • Expatguru 15 July 2008 08:19:24


    Having an MBA hardly matters in the Middle East. Almost all the managerial positions are occupied by Arabs, so as an expatriate you have no chance of reaching any management level. What matters here is your job knowledge and experience. You may wish to have a look at this link

  • Omar Nokaly 14 July 2008 17:07:57

    Hello All,

    My name is Omar Nokaly and my email is OmarNokaly@gmail.com I am currently a civil engineer working in the USA. I am going to pursue my MBA and wanted to eventually land a job in the Middle East getting paid a competitive salary to what MBAs get in the USA. I have been accepted into Stern (NYU) and Zicklin (Baruch College). Will the Stern MBA open up many more doors for me in the middle east than Baruch College or are both MBA's comparable. Will NYU be worth an extra $40,000??? Please advise, thanks

  • Mohammed Rafi 07 July 2008 14:56:02

    I am working in the Kingdom since 8 months. Now I got a better offer from another company. My sponsor is ready to give me exit only without NOC. I wanted to know can i make a comeback after exiting from Saudi Arabia.
    Is there any duration that i have to spent in my home country.

  • Expatguru 05 July 2008 11:11:04

    It depends on your sponsor whether he will convert it into a permanent one or not. Check your contract before signing. Converting to permanent visa will normally take about 1 month (if it is not Hajj or Ramadan season). To sponsor wife and kids, it will usually take about 45 days. Check the blog www.workinginsaudiarabia.blogspot.com for more details.

  • Hassan 03 July 2008 06:19:07

    My sponsor is getting me to Riyadh on a Temporary work visa. What are the chances that this visa will be converted to Permanent Visa (Iqama) and how long will it take?

    How long does it take to sponsor wife and kids once you are given an iqama?


Moving to Saudi Arabia
A few tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
Flights Saudi Arabia
The cheapest price for your Saudi Arabia flight tickets
>> Click here
Travel insurance Saudi Arabia
Don't worry and travel happy across Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
International Money Transfer
Currency Exchange and Money Transfer Specialists
>> Click here