Looking for a rental apartment/house in kampot

Hello there

I am looking for a rental apartment or house in Kampot, from mid november or start of December.

I am looking for a quite place specially at night time,not too close to karaoke bars and not too far from the center.

I am retired so I think about 300$/month would be possible to find some of course depending on the offers, i can modify my budget,as well as the length of the rental agreement.

I am aware of water and electric fees so I accept it as usual they are no problem at all. Mainly I like to have access not too far from local market to buy fresh stuff therefore also having the apartment with a gas cooking kitchen would be very nice.

Please contact me if you know some or some one who may help.

Thank you in advance

John

@John_68

Hi John,

I hope you are well.

My name is Steve and I have a real estate company in Kampot and would be able to help you with your request.

The rental market here moves fast so we are best looking when you are here in Kampot. I would suggest booking a hotel or guesthouse then we can view the properties you wish to see and take it from there.

My number is ***

My email is : ***

Kind regards,

Steve

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello. I have been living in Kampot for 3 years, and based on your criteria, I would suggest this place = 'pool residence' (see below for more details). I myself live about 4kms from town but the place I recommend is my 'place of dream' in Kampot if I would choose to be closer to the center.

The place characteristics : one bedroom with ac and big fans , closet / one living room with sofa and tv / one kitchen with refrigerator / one bathrooms with hot and cold water / free WiFi / free swimming pool / the electricity 1000riel per kWh, water 2$ for a month / one month deposit

Location: sovan sakor area (close to two moon resort ), 1km from durian roundabout and walk 5 minutes to the river.

I would have to put you in contact with the lady manager, of course sometimes there are free apartments in the residence, sometimes not. You will have to check with her.

Best is, if you are interested, you send me your 'Facebook contact' by private message here, and I'll revert to you with the contact info.

Best

@John_68

Oh and I forgot to mention the price : 250$ per month

@Steve P43

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your reply, being in Kampot would be no issue at all to me as I really like the city I have also places which I can rent for a weekend  to stay.

Let me ask you this way how/where can I reach you if I plan to visit Kampot?

As you might know here I can`t see your mobile or e-mail for direct contact,I`ll suggest :

we choose a day for meeting than we can arrange a meeting by a friend`s famouse restaurant right infront of the Kampot fish market,grab a coffee and take it all from there? I am sure you know the place(Kampot pie & Ice ...)

I like to kindly ask you to send me some object and price orientation so I know the range of the objects I say this because you can imagine I traveled many times to kampot and those objects were either too far from the center,or kind of khmer housing which I am not looking for,so you know about my preferation.

I look forward to read your suggestion I control this page twice daily morning & afternoon,so please give me a time period of three days for I must come from PP:

Than you

John

@Fred Cambo

good morning Fred, Thank you very much,it sounds really great deal,I am planing to visit Kampot next week,I try to find the place by indicators you mentioned,and yes please pass me through to that lady who manage the place,so I can contact her.

The sad thing is to feel incappable to get contact directly here, so I can`t send you mobile,e-mail or facebook you won`t see it ;-((( we must find another solution,

As I suggested to other member here,I try to be in Kampot next week and use my laptop,once I am there we can manage a meeting point (most practical one is at a famouse Kampot Pie & Ice ...) so we can meet there and take it from there,agreed?

I am really happy to meet you to see some good objects and hopefully one suitable which I can manage the contract.

Best regards

John

@John_68

Good morning John,

Thank you for your message.

Yes I did notice that it has blocked my phone number and email address.

I do know Kampot pie and ice cream factory and I actually have an office just a few minutes walk up the road from there. If you walk up the road heading away from the riverside, past Simple Things vegetarian restaurant. Then you will see my office just before you reach the big Prince Bank. My company is called Mudita Realty.

It sounds like you are heading to Kampot soon so I am sure we can figure out a way to meet.

I have a very nice 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom house available on the 23rd September that has a lovely private garden. It is a great area, not far from the Ice cream factory (about 5 minutes on a moto). I personally live on the same estate and love it! The rent is $350 per month but I can get it for $320 as its my landlords sisters house.

Other that that I think you will be fine with your budget of around $300 for a nice house not far out from the towns centre.

Have a great day!

Steve 

Hello everyone,

Indeed contact details posted on the open forum will be removed. You are required to share any contact details in private by sending the OP a private message. Click on his photo > send a message.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

OK, thank you very much.

@Steve P43

hello Steve;

Update of my plan:

will be in Kampot this Friday 22.th about afternoon,I suggest we Friday after 16:00 at Kampot Pie & ice restaurant,to go to see the object.

Please inform me if this suggestion suit to your plans we could also meet at meet at Saturday 23.th about 10:00 am, same place if it fits better to your day plans.

Please let me know your date for meeting

Thank you

John

@Fred Cambo

Hello again Fred;

Update of my plan:

I will be in Kampot this Friday 22.th about 15:00 afternoon,

I suggest we Friday after 16:00 at Kampot Pie & ice restaurant,to go to see the object.

Please inform me if this suggestion suit to your plans we could also meet at meet at Saturday 23.th about 10:00 am, same place if it fits better to your day plans.

Please let me know your date for meeting

Thank you

John

@John_68

Hi John,

I will go to meet you at the Pie & Ice Cream restaurant on Friday 22nd at 4pm.

Then I will be able to show you the different options I have on my phone and you can select the ones that you are interested in going to visit. I can then setup the appointments and show you.

Are you wanting to start renting in November / December?

The reason I ask is because the nice houses always get rented out fast. So if you were to see a house you really like then I do not think that it would still be available by November / December.

Looking now there are a few really nice houses available, but as we get closer to high season it really starts to fill up here and then supply of nice houses starts to slow down.

Kind regards,

Steve   

@Steve P43

hi Steve.

That is fine by me we can meet at 22.d on 16:00 at Pie restaurant river side,we take then all from there.

I planned to rent from mid november start of december, well if the object is really suitable for me I guess the owner and me we can discuss different possibilities for a compromise which suite to both side. I am currently living in PP and fly back home(Norway) to fix some stuff than in mid of November 17.th fly back so I can only take over the suitable house up that date. we will discuss this after observing the objects and meeting.

See you on Friday at 16:00, thank you so long

John

@Fred Cambo

Hello Fred

I like to metion,that I planed to be in Kampot this weekend,so it is vital to me to meet you and follow up with your suggestion as you offer,it may show you that I am very honest in my goal and like to organise my trip to gain max result as possible.

In this regard, I like to ask you kindly contact me if we can meet either late Friday or Saturda after 10:00am to go to visit the place or ;

As you suggested ,kindly pass me to the lady who is in charge and can possibily tell me how to meet her.

I will control my page here just to get any information from you 5 times daily,yet nothing well maybe you are too busy,so I can only ask to give me 3 minutes of your time to write feedback and make the contact.

You can also simply say that the apartment is not available any longer,which I have to accept thankfully for your effort and good guster,but kindly

Do NOT LET me waite in the air without a reason. I hope you understand what I am asking for.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

John

@Bhavna

Hello. I clicked on 'his' photo ... but couldn't find a way to send a pm ...

@Bhavna Can you help me to write in private to John_68 ? P.s. Why is this website making the things so complicated

@Bhavna A platform where we cannot communicate with others ... Are you still in middle-age or what !?

@Fred Cambo His private message is deactivated.

@ John, please note that your Pm are not activated. Members will not be able to send you their contact details etc...

Regards

Bhavna

@John_68 Hello. Please write to me in private message, or activate your 'private message' function so that I can write to you, if you want that we communicate further. Thank you

@Fred Cambo

hello Fred

I did an hour ago

Thank you

John

@Bhavna

Bhavna

hello there

I did add Fred Cambo and Steve 345 to my friends list.

I apologise for any difficulties I may cause, just to my protection I like to mention.

I am not interested to get any sale PMs from few other countries, a lady from Sierra Leone and tons of garbage from Thailand. simply said, I have no time for BS.

If the webpage system could produce a kind of local member related services, I would be more than happy to help, of course to my personal experiences in many other countries I could give some advice or answer any one who need some help, such as I ask for in Cambodia related help requests, for example looking for some rental objects.

But if some ID. see my notice what I am looking and where I am looking, though send me their BS from Thailand or etc. I get my Piss off moment and as there is no such block functions I rather stay away from website.

I hope Adrian (if he is still actively in charge) remember my reports by my history from all around the word 2006, will be clear that I rejoined expat.com again at 2013,

Any way I am too old for BS, once I get irrelevant feedback and more than polite ask to stop and is still coming because I have to accept “anyone can message me” function available, (this is the core of the problem) than means I am open for all Sh. Coming through

I hope my words shack someone who is in charge and can do something about it, not only

Best regards

John Roberts

Hello John,

We understand. Ok then, if you have set your settings to contacts only, indeed, he should be able to pm you if he is in your contact list. It will definitely work.

Sorry, I don't know any Adrian, must be before our current team joined in.

Have a nice day

Bhavna