Starting up business in Nairobi

Hi all, thanks a lot in advance for your help.

I am the main partner for an advertising / web development company based in madrid /spain and i am considering the opportunity to open an east african  subsidiary based in Nairobi.

No matter i have I have visited many african countries before including kenia i really don't know the level of demand for this kind of services (website develoment and advertising including digital) nor the level of competition as well.

Can anyone give me some clues on this to help me get a more clear idea?

I already went through the rest of the post talking about the class H permits for investors which helped me clarify a little this part of the process.

If any of you, think you can help me please reply ;)

all the best

to start up a company in kenya, u can choose to register a new one or incorporate the branch. u will need to have the company memorandum and articles for the existing company, details of directors and the certificate of incorporation. these will need to be notarised and lodged by a lawyer in kenya. get in touch i assist u incase u may wish to incorporate the company. regards.

Hi there, thanks for the info and the offering. It will help me and hopefully i may contact you in the future. Nevertheless i am at an earlier stage, just assessing the opportunity to start a business there. I hace no clue of the size of the market for advertising and web development, i read that Kenia is booming now but i dont know about this specific area of services. anyone can tell?

Thanks!

advertising and web development has great potential so long as you have the skills. Plus there are various social and career network sites such as linkedin.com that u can use to market and get in touch with potential clients.guidance on marketing is offered to you when u incorporate through us.

thanks feel free to come to Kenya

TrueRaymond

Alot of Kenyan companies have adopted online advertising and yes you will face reasonable competition. However if you are able to offer a unique package then you can easily make a kill because they all usually offer the same thing. Just google "Website development and Advertising companies in Kenya" find the market leaders and find a way to design something mainly for the Small and medium companies rather than the big shots--then later when the big shots hear of you, let them contact you on your own terms

Source: My two cents

my wife  want to start very small business/shop in Nairobi,  currently she is in dependent visa. Let me know the legal formalities and  time / Cost of the same to start. Is any one help me on this.  Even give conduct number, who can take care the process. [email protected] (private message send to my email id)

[Moderated : Please avoid giving over personal phone numbers on a public forum ]

I am looking IELTS Tutor in Nairobi

**** is a very good lawyer in mombasa. she may assist you.

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share her contact via your private message system. Thank you.