Hi everyone..I'm new!

Hi, I just moved here from Portland, USA in March to live with my Danish husband. We just moved to Amager from Vesterbro. I can't work yet because my residency has not begun, so I have a lot of free time. I'm 23, and I like music and books and film. I have a BA in Sociology and French. I'm interested in family farms, record collecting, and making friends. I like to laugh.

-Ariel

Hello Ariel and welcome to Expat.com.

I am sure you will have lots of contacts here.

Do not hesitate to participate on the Copenhagen forum. It can help you to enlarge your networking.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Ariel, how are you finding it here?  I am from England and have moved here to be with my Danish boyfriend.  I am looking to find English speaking friends who like a laugh and to have a coffee or a beer with from time to time. 

Hope we can become friends :)

ele

Hi Ariel!! we can meet whenever you want =)

I have been here for one year but havent got any friends....I miss all my european friends in uk as I moved here...Hope I meet good friends.

elebasil wrote:

Hello Ariel, how are you finding it here?  I am from England and have moved here to be with my Danish boyfriend.  I am looking to find English speaking friends who like a laugh and to have a coffee or a beer with from time to time. 

Hope we can become friends :)

ele

Hi ele,

I just returned from Spain for five days, and I must say that Copenhagen is becoming a little more like home...but I've been kind of a homebody since I've been here. How long have you been here? I'd love to hang out sometime.

:)

Ariel

Hi Ariel!

My name is Annette and I might be moving to Copenhagen in the winter to marry my boyfriend and stay with him and study there. I'm coming for a visit in July and to stay for three weeks, and I would love it to meet new friends as soon as possible, and to also get some advice from expats about the process of making Denmark their new home. I live in Florida currently and am studying radiography. I like to knit and crochet, which would be nice to find some local knitting circles to perhaps join in CPH. How would you say you are enjoying living in Denmark, if I may ask?

Thanks,

Annette-Marie

Hi Annette!

I also had a winter wedding here in Copenhagen. I'd say July is a great time to come, and if you feel like getting a drink or whatever when you're here, just let me know...I'm not an official expat yet, I haven't even turned in my residency application yet, but I know some things about the process as I am preparing for it. I moved from Oregon, which is pretty temperate, but even then I have had to adjust to the weather...I imagine it'll be more of an adjustment for you coming from Florida! That's awesome that you knit and crochet, I used to cross stitch and have been thinking about beginning again. Since moving here in March, I am still adjusting. In fact, I would say that I am still going through a little bit of a culture shock. But I think I'm coming out of it. I love so many things about Denmark. I like the entire concept of Hygge, for example. Copenhagen is a beautiful city, with beautiful buildings, and I love how easy it is to get around by bike here. What has been hardest for me is not knowing the language. Sure, most Danes know how to speak English. But Danes sometimes feel uncomfortable speaking English to each other. I'm often left out of conversations between Danes. It can be kind of alienating. Plus, Danish is kind of a hard language to learn. I've been trying to learn by myself but it's not your easy romance language. Anyway, it has not been the easiest move, but I'm positive that it will become easier and better. I'm not really planning on leaving.

All best,

Ariel

stalintortoise wrote:

Hi Ariel!

My name is Annette and I might be moving to Copenhagen in the winter to marry my boyfriend and stay with him and study there. I'm coming for a visit in July and to stay for three weeks, and I would love it to meet new friends as soon as possible, and to also get some advice from expats about the process of making Denmark their new home. I live in Florida currently and am studying radiography. I like to knit and crochet, which would be nice to find some local knitting circles to perhaps join in CPH. How would you say you are enjoying living in Denmark, if I may ask?

Thanks,

Annette-Marie

Hi Ariel and others!

I also recently moved to Copenhagen to live with my Danish boyfriend. I don't know that many people here, so it would be great to meet some and become part of an international network and get some friends for myself! :) So anyone in for a cup of coffee?

Erika

Hi everyone!

Nice to read your posts and know that it is not only me who is looking for company :)
Erika feel free to contact me if you still want to meet :)

Kamila

Hello Everyone!

I just moved here too and am looking for some new friends. It sounds like there are alot of us in the same situation. If anyone would like to do some sight seeing or have some coffee let me know. I was thinking of going to the glyptoteket by Tivoli sometime in the near future and would love some company.

Tara

Hi Ariel !
          Welcome to Denmark, I just received my temporary work permit 2 weeks ago, waited 3 months, not bad from what I have been told. Will start Danish classes next week. I have to complete Dansk 2 for a permanent residency card.
          I'm from Tucson AZ, so this weather will be new to me. lol, I have some awesome friends in Portland, was in the Seattle and Portland 2 years ago. Enjoy your stay in Denmark.

HI Ariel..
I am Shaz from Pakistan...Want to friendship with you....
I want to go Denmark Please guide me..

Hello shaz sidd and welcome to Expat.com!

Why don't you start a new thread with all your questions on the Copenhagen forum? Other members might be able to help you. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everybody,

I just moved here and looking to make new friends. If you are interested, please let me know and we can go for a tea or coffee.

Thanks.

Hi Lima 70

welcome to Denmark i wisit peru 2 times this year been very fasinated by this beautifull country and people, i like to have some Peruvian friends to keep this great new adventure in my life forward :)

Best regard

Hi everybody,
I'm hossein from Iran. I've been here for two months because of a predetermined contract and would like very much to meet some people. I'm up for many activities (coffee, walking, beer, party, cinema,...). hope can be a good friend and fine good ones.

please drop me a line if you are interested.
Thank you in advance.