Place to watch NHL hockey playoffs?

Hi,

I'm not a hockey fanatic, but a fan going through serious three year withdrawal.  This Saturday, May 19 the Rangers play the Devils in the Stanley Cup playoffs at 6pm Glasgow local time.  I really want to see this, and am inviting some Weegies along to experience the glory of professional 'Ice' Hockey (no offence to the Braehead Clan, lads)!  Does anyone know of a pub that would have this weird Arctic sport on the telly?

Cheers,
Aaron

Hello Aaron and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll enjoy yourself.;)

Harmonie.

I don't think you'll find anywhere in Glasgow that will show hockey today because there are a few big football matches on. Sno Bar at Braehead might as it's a hockey bar, but even they are only a maybe. Their phone number is 01418857078.

In the future, they don't show it normally, but my wife manages a pub in the city centre. I have hosted a Canada Day party there before and I will again this year (I'm Canadian)nso they're Canada friendly ;) I watched the Olympic final there as well.

Feel free to phone them in the future and ask if they would be willing to put the game on. As Scottish football is wrapping up for the year, as long as it's not clashing with any other big sporting events, they will probably show the game. Not today's though..... Hibs vs Hearts Final.

Bar Bacchus 0141 572 0080

Cheers,
Alex

Hi mid-alex,

Thanks for the information!  After searching around online for a while, I think that those speciality networks that had broadcast some NHL games in Europe in the past don't have that agreement for this season.  I think no matter where I go, there just isn't a channel that'll have it, unfortunately.  I will check Bar Sno in the future though.

Aaron

As far as I know, if they have ESPN they "should" get it, but it may have changed since last year. Bacchus uses Al Jazeera for their satellite so they get some random channels. I'll ask my wife to check as they have a website channel listing that shows months in advance. I'll get back to you in the next couple days.