Work for foreigners in Malta

Hi Everyone,

I recently got interested in moving to Malta, but am still in the process of researching the working conditions and the opportunities for foreigners. I have worked in Croatia before, where culture is pretty similar, but I know that the government restrictions and policies can vary quite a lot.

I speak fluently English, German and Russian, unfortunately no Maltese :). As far as I know, English is considered to be the second official language there, and was hoping that this could be a plus for me. I've been working in the IT sector, too.

Can someone advise whether it is possible for an EU citizen to find a job in Malta and which industries are recommended?

Thank you in advance.

best,

of course its possible to find a job here but its not easy - and its usually low paid..unless you are in a specific set of fields and have the right expeirences and qualifications within those fields - i.e Finance and IT to name two

Thank you for your reply toonarmy9752! That doesn't sound so bad. Well, I am a BG citizen, which supposedly could make things a bit harder for me, but I think I shall give it a try.

all the best,
Brina

There is actually a big plus for you in the fact that you can speak Russian...

At the moment the IT (Gaming) industry is looking a lot for Eastern European Languages for their customer service areas... you will be looking realistically at between 15-20K though Max.

Julian

Thank you for the information Scubaboy. It's good to know that. I will keep it in mind.

cheers,

good luck brina

There is alot of work for expats in Malta, I work in recruitment for iGaming and being multi-lingual is also a huge plus

Feel free to contact me to find out more about opportunities within the iGaming industry :)

Good luck!

hello!My name is Irina and i am living in malta.just read that u work in recruitment and thought maybe u might know if there russians needed..my email is [email protected] would appreciate if u answer me back!!

What is your experience/expertise? And what was your previous job?

I am looking for an accountant or support person for my website from mid-February on, as I'll move my company to Malta then.

Hello cystomatic, can you please post an advert in the Jobs in Malta section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie