Organize your move to Indonesia

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Indonesia.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Indonesia:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Indonesia?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Indonesia?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Indonesia?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

Hi Julie and readers...

I'll try to share some general information that I knew. Hope it will useful to you and for whole pictures.
Q:What would you bring and what would you leave behind?
A:It depend on what type of your purpose. if you wanna settle and work you should arrange movement all of your asset from your own home country And prepare all documents you need. You may browse for how to do and shipment a process or company to carry out.If you just visit for vacation or temporary I think you just need for prepare all documents(e.g: passport, visa , etc.And don't forget to calculate your budget.

Q: Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?
A: Back to the first answer above. It depend on your purpose and how long you will stay. And also according to your needed.

Q:Any foodstuffs that are banned in Indonesia?
A: For generally, Non common and danger food and beverage is allowed. Except: Narcotics,

Add:

Psychotropics, Explosive materials, ire-arm and Ammunition, Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, and Parts thereof, Unregistered Food and Beverages at The Departement of Health, Dangerous Materials, Culturally Valuable Goods. etc.

Q:Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Indonesia?
A: You may calculated first of your car's price in your country and compare with Indonesian price. for e.g. Toyota Avanza here is approach 150 million IDR. for another type you can browse for the price. And you should calculate a shipment cost to bring to Indonesia. Chose the most efficient ones.

Any other advice/idea?
Let's share to everyone.