New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you?

hey guys!

i am working for a newspaper here in abu dhabi after being in the same industry in saudi arabia for 7 months. i am a badminton-crazy filipino and would like to meet compatriots who are also into the sport.

I am living in Abu Dhabi for almost 4 years now.

I would like to make more friends, please send me an email @ [email protected] :)

Hi sandman901 and welcome on Expat.com :)

Maybe an introduction of yourself would be more effective than just giving your email address!

Regards
Armand

Hi Everyone,

Just got in AD from France. Ill be working for a renowned consulting firm till late sept. Hope I can find out every exciting thing AD has to offer before getting back...I already LOVE it anyway.
One thing I wanna do before summer: Safari. Anyone interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
T

hello,

anyone from abu dhabi here?

sandman901 wrote:

hello,

anyone from abu dhabi here?

Yeah....and you're a bit late with the moniker :lol::lol::lol:

wooooooooow plenty of new members in this site but no one take an action to get in touch

Hello network ;)

I guess it is time to organize an Expat.com meet-up in Abu Dhabi ;) You only need to pick up a convenient date & a suitable location and I am sure you will be amazed by the positive responses.

Regards

Hi my name is Haroon and its 3 months since I am in Abu Dhabi... :)

Welcome on board Haroon ;)

arbee wrote:

hey guys!

i am working for a newspaper here in abu dhabi after being in the same industry in saudi arabia for 7 months. i am a badminton-crazy filipino and would like to meet compatriots who are also into the sport.

hi arbee, im a filipino too. im living in abu dhabi for 6 months now. feel free to mail me. [email protected]

how's abu dhabi treating you at the moment?

Expat.com wrote:

Welcome on Expat.com! :)

Did you recently register on Expat.com? Did you recently arrive in Abu Dhabi? Since how long are you living in Abu Dhabi?

Let's get acquainted! What brought you in UAE and more particularly to Abu Dhabi? What are your interests in life? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks a bunch for your presentation! See you soon on Expat.com! :)!

Hey friends!

I am new arrival to UAE and Indian national from Delhi.By profession I am an Engineer.I like to have friends around me which help each other sharing informations,chatting and for fun.
I invite friends from any nationality,gender and profession.

wow i guess this part of the muslim world have more fun than we do here in a more conservative islamic state!

Hi Sticky,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I am an Indian from Delhi.Before I lived in Saudi Arabia and Oman.Only last month I joined a company in Abu Dhabi.I like to have friends around me.Beaches and gardens are my favourate places.

hellooo morning how have you been doing u all?

yes,im new member.My name is Freddie and im almost 2 years here in abu dhabi.Looking forward for a good relationship with you all..
Regards..

Welcome on board Freddie :)

I have Been living in Abu Dhabi for almost two years, just came across this site…. I am an Indian, love to watch moveis, whenever get time I hang out in corniche, and would love to make friends .

i feel soooooooo lonely here

hi everybody! i'm Dan from the Phils...been staying in AUH since 2007,,,anybody who plays airsoft games>?

Hello all, I just recently moved to Abu Dhabi and still in "shock" mode, from the heat mostly, although I am told this is nothing wait till we are in august! Yea well I can't wait.. ;)
I am like most expats, interested in knowing the city more and get to make some good friends, this is my first post in Abu Dhabi forum, hopefully it will be a good start and lead to good things.
If you find that we share common interests, hit me up.

Hi every body,

I'm Sylvain, and i'm in Abu dhabi between a few days.
I'm here for working to my firm during 1 month, and I want to meet people here. I'm comming from france

Sorry for the moment my englich was not perfect

sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

thank you

Hello everybody,
I am Antoine, I come from France and I am in Abu Dhabi since October. I am always interested in meeting new people!

See you soon on the forum and I hope IRL ;)

Antoine

Hi Antoine!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

hello.  my name is giasi and i have no idea how long ive been on this forum but i think this is my first post for over a year so im not actually new... just reborn.  I am a british expat... half arab.... been in abu dhabi longer than any mall.

i blog but havent updated it for ages. i am a cynic and relentless p**s taker.

ok... nuff about me....

Hi Noor,

I hope you get lots of new contacts on the site.

my real name is jerson mendoza im from morong, rizal philippines.but i like you to call me travis because i love that name..im working in ADNOC as a convinient store sales attendant, but now i am also assistant supervisor coz ive been working in ADNOC for about 2 years and five months already..

Hi, I am considering a job offer for a teaching position in Abu Dhabi....I am coming from Saratoga Springs NY with my 15 year old daughter....a bit frightning to say the least....excited but panic'd would adequately describe me at the moment!  I HOPE there are some other Americans there as well...would love to have some connections before I arrive.      Carol

Hello Carol!

Welcome on board :)

Armand

Thank you Christine

Hope so

Christine wrote:

Hi Noor,

I am planning to move to UAE. This forum seems to be the  right place to start !

(moderated: off topic. You should start a new discussion)

Hi rop

hi chris...
im sure live in abu dhabi is great..booming city with mega projects..i vote it to be one of the best city on globe for now!

good luck,

heyyy im hosam from abu dhabi :)

Greetings!
I am a computer nerd in the healthcare industry that is exploring an opportunity to come to Abu Dhabi 2012.

I have a wife and two young hockey playing boys ages 11 and 7.

There are millions of questions swirling around in my head, but don't worry, I won't ask them all, at least not yet :)

The most pressing questions from my boys are;
"Is there XBox Live in the UAE?"
I see on the web that is appears to be possible, just looking for real world confirmation
"Is there hockey there?"
I found the Abu Dhabi Falcons (Falcons), can anyone share their impressions of that club?
"Is there paintball in the UAE?
The boys are really into paintball, but if there is no paintball, is there at least Airsoft?

Now for the important stuff:
How easy/difficult will it be to ship my Jeep Wrangler over from the states?
I will no longer need it for the snow, but I would LOVE to take it out in the sand!
Is it even worth the hassle, or should I resolve myself to buying/renting a new car when I am in country?

What about bringing the pets?
I have a black lab and 3 cats.
I have read that there is no quarantine, but other posts seem to disagree.
What's the real story on bringing pets?

Like I said, I have lots of questions and a few months still to sort them all out, so I will spread them out a little :lol:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi and welcome on board Glatkoi!

I would suggest you to create a new thread on the Abu Dhabi forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand