New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you?

Hi Guys

Just curious... should we have some sort of a meeting in Abu Dhabi... could potentially meet at Cornish.. or some cafe or club.. I dont know.. any ideas.. some place where there is space... people could mingle.. have a few drinks.. share some thoughts ? What do you think ?

Hi everybody,

I am new to this blog, planning to shift to abudhabhi with a new job. want to know certain things.
-- Is there any tax on personal income?
-- What is the cost of living in abudhabi with a family with 2 kids
-- Is Alcohol freely available there in the shop. Weather any license is required to drink in the home.if yes how one can get the license there.

Will get back again

hi,

welcome to UAE, Abudhabi

There is not tax on personal Income, that's why we are here.
Cost of Living if you got to Mussaffah and live in partioned villa the rent will be something around 45000Dhs/year
Food Expenses will be something around 1000dhs if you cook @home and the school fees and other thing i am not sure.

Thanks

Arun

sumandrao wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new to this blog, planning to shift to abudhabhi with a new job. want to know certain things.
-- Is there any tax on personal income?
-- What is the cost of living in abudhabi with a family with 2 kids
-- Is Alcohol freely available there in the shop. Weather any license is required to drink in the home.if yes how one can get the license there.

Will get back again

Hi sumandrao, welcome to Expat-blog!  :)

If you have other questions, please start a new topic on the Abu Dhabi forum.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Christine

:)decent Sweetie:)janishha...
Here everyone is focussed @work, i am working in marketting, if the target is not acheived by me or my team, i will be in lot of pressure. So here life goes by working working..
well i am in uae for the last 9 years, if you feel like going around, i can give you company , if you feel so...

Take care

arun

Greetings. i am mving to Abu dhabi in August, a ADEC hire, and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about the kind of housing I might expect to get, or tips for where to live if I don't like noise and construction, and especially schools for my 8 year old daughter who will join me in 2012
Thanks!

For Housing where is the indian locality and the distance from Abudhabhi indian school.
Planning to move in July11...how is the night life and the security

hellooooo

Hi All,

I have just moved to Abu Dhabi. I am Construction Engineer and working a western company.

Thanks you !!!

Welcome on board mydionysus ;)

Thanks Yud !!!

hi to all
i am new to the forum, but have lived in Abu dhabi for 4 years,
new zealand born mother of 4 sons and one darling grandson

Hi and welcome to the forum Joylcrofts :)

HELLOOOOOO

adgirl wrote:

hellooooo

Hey all,

I'm kind of in the same boat as most. I've been an expat for some time and just didn't know it. I've lived in Brazil, Iraq, Africa, US and now the UAE.

I haven't been here but for a month but I'm planning on staying for a few years. Mainly thought this would be a great place to meet some friends and see the sights together or simply hang out.

Well, nice to meet some of you, feel free to drop a line anytime...unfortunately my days off are during the middle of the week but I'm sure fun can be had.

Ciao,
David

Hi There ,
I am Turkish , electrical engineer and arrived here today as country manager of a Turkish company for UAE .
I was working in Libya as country manager more than 3 years and due to civil war i had to left Libya  .

Welcome Engineer, great that you left safely what do you like to know about Abu Dhabi? Regards

Hello to ALL,

I am a Canadian and I will move in Abu Dhabi in few days. I would like to meet people and make friends. I like to play tennis, interested in fishing, scuba diving and having a glass of wine in a nice company

Have a great day!

Hi LucianCda,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

I hope you will meet lots of new contacts on the site.

Have a great day as well. :)
Christine

Hello everyone,
Algerian in Abu Dhabi, it reminds me an old song (Jamaican in new York) …loooool...
Looking for friends.

Hi I am Ang, 27 and moving out to Abu Dhabi in 2 weeks time. Just waiting on my employer to sort out my visa and arrange my flights and then I will happily be returning to the Middle East. Hope to make some good friends along the way!

HI everybody,

I have been in Abu Dhabi for the past 3 years and I have just found this web site. I have been working the past years without building any friendship relation. I joind this site hoping to find some firnds. I like to play pool, go to coffee shops, walking in the beach. I hope to find good friends here.

Bye

Hi Angelina and maburadi,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

I hope you will make lots of new contacts on the site.

:)
Christine

helloooooooooooooooooo
any body from it italy?

network wrote:

helloooooooooooooooooo
any body from it italy?

May be the Italian expatriates in Abu Dhabi network can help you to find some Italian contacts :)

Hi Everyone

I am new to AD and looking for new friends to hang out and share AD experiences. Would be good to build a circle of like minded people. Adventurous people with high IQ are welcome ;-).

So anyone knows of any good hang out place for expat ... any place to meet new people ? Anyone arranges BBQ or something ?

Greetings to everybody, i m new in UAE, stain now in Abu Dhabi, like everyone loking for new friends, my name is katya, i m from Ukrain, in this country everithing new for me, so please help me to know mor about it))))

:):):)

hi everyone... I'm 29 yrs old from Abu Dhabi.. Usually i work sleep visit coffee shops... I'm up to meet new friends .. Write me please if you are interested ..

chemodan wrote:

Greetings to everybody, i m new in UAE, stain now in Abu Dhabi, like everyone loking for new friends, my name is katya, i m from Ukrain, in this country everithing new for me, so please help me to know mor about it))))

:):):)

I Can help you know more about Abu Dhabi.. ^^ Take care 4 now

Hello
I'm considering of working and living in Abu dhabi soon.I've been working there many times each times for short periods.I'll be interresteed to have an idea of mensual income value for crew company people or teaching people working there to evaluate the salary I've got to ask my company.in fact I'm very interrested by the multiplication number of national income while in Abu dhabi
thanks for helping
Kris
I can speak french,english,russian

Hello Kris!

You already have a topic on the Abu Dhabi forum. Kindly avoid posting the same message on other threads as you are off topic!

Thanks and regards
Armand

Armand wrote:

Hello Kris!

You already have a topic on the Abu Dhabi forum. Kindly avoid posting the same message on other threads as you are off topic!

Thanks and regards
Armand

sorry Armand,I didn't know where to post now I'm a little more familiar with the forum:P

No worries Kris ;)

You may also contribute to the topic by presenting yourselves to other members :D

Regards
Armand

[Moderated: This is not a dating site, please use the personal section of Abu Dhabi Classifieds page]

good morning everyone

anyone online this morning

here i am online... what's up

only interested female friends

Hi adgirl, :)

You are on the Abu Dhabi forum (not a chat room) and the title of this discussion is "New members in Abu Dhabi? Who are you?" so a brief introduction would be great and this will definitely help you to have more contacts. ;)

You may also start a new discussion and post a message on the Abu Dhabi forum -(Networking) if you are looking for friends to hang out. :)

Thank you and good luck,
Christine

Hey Guys

I've just got a new job with the Abu Dhabi education council, i'm working in Spain at the moment but i'll be in the UAE around the middle of August. I'm into painting, fittness and mountain walking as well as live music & fim, plus i'd like to get back into scuba diving when i'm over there.

I'd like to meet some people my own age (late 20's)to get to know the city & have laugh with.