Some strange dominican girls..

Hi,
This in not very much related to being dominican, but I met 1 year ago a Dominican girl in the plane to Santo Domingo who was sat next to me and we talked a lot. (Not sure I can call her a girl because she should be in the mid 20s)

She didn't have the typical dominican looks (sexy outfit etc). She was very decently dressed like european women and she was smart and well educated. So she didn't want to give me any facebook or any whatsapp..only left her e-mail.

Fast forward 1 year she writes to me very warm friendly e-mails like 2-3 times per month since a year. I couldn't meet her anytime this year because I was with a Dominican girlfriend.. :dumbom:

She still doesn't want to connect with me on facebook or Skype or anything that can accelerate communication. But even if I am indifferent, she still keeps sending me nice e-mails on what she does with friends and work and asks about my life. However she tells me that when I go back in RD I can meet her.

I got to knew another girl like her who is white and seems from a rich family and both keep friendly interest with e-mails which is very weird because most of Dominican girls will be very straightforward if they like you.

I am really puzzled because I wonder why would someone keep a platonic long-distance friendship ? Also they don't flirt at all so I can't think they have any interest of relationship. I thought maybe they have someone and keeping me just in-case but fact is they don't flirt.

Are some well-educated Dominican women old-school who like traditional paypal etc..?

I think you have stumbled upon the differences between the types of girls/women here. A well educated upper class woman has not "need" for a gringo but may in fact actually  like you.  Other types of women are in NEED of a gringo or a man to make their lives better.  Thus they are in a big big hurry to reel you in!

Maybe they are only looking for a friend?  Maybe they are a little interested but not in a long distance thing?  Who knows.

And by not connecting in other ways you don't get to see the whole story....  not sure that is good or bad but is definitely keeping you at a distance.

Yes planner, you read in my mind.. :)

I have met both of two extremes of Dominican women : Some really too easy and ready for everything, and on the other hand all a different world...A-ma-zing women, well educated, smart, polite, talking and writing in a beautiful spanish.

I think most of tourist fall in the 1st list..and put ALL the dominican women in the same cliché which is very wrong.

I think most of good Dominican women wouldn't care less about meeting gringos.

Exactly  right.  They are not interested,  same with Good Dominican men.... rare breed and they are not overly interested in Gringas either.  But foreigners who live here long term are a different matter. Once you have been here for some time you start to meet a different group of people - based on how you live your life!

Eri76, you are most fortunate for having met two seemingly normal, nice women. Accept the extended offers of friendship & enjoy it. Like anywhere there are the vultures & the decent ones. There are quite a few of them in the DR. I was lucky in my many years there. Of course I dallyed with a few for very short liasons, but in the long run I found excellent relationships with the more educated women who had decent jobs & a sense of self worth. Don't be concerned about the lack of a more immediate form of communication. It is their choice, so be it. Continue on until it ends or becomes something more personal. Life's path has many twists & turns, we never know what's around the next bend, but we all know the final destination.  Make the trip worthwhile, we only pass this way once.   Keep on with the e-mails, we all need a little mystery in our lives. .... Just a small fart from the Tuba.

That Eri descubrieron el agua tibia, he thought that there was only one type of girl in the whole country.

"Vultures, dallyed" Man what the hell jjaja

Gypsy is a poet or something, i think i know my way around speaking english but everytime he post something i have to go to google translate xD

RDE1000,  I'm not a poet, I'm just a tourist on this journey through life.

Thanks for your inputs especially planner and Gipsy.

@RDE1000 .."descubrieron el agua tibia ?" I know what that means but I don't know why you are trying to tell us here.

I don't live in RD, true, but I go there 2-3 times a year and I have met several women. At the beginning I was a little naive like many freshly arrived tourists..Got exited everytime a girl would be all over me. Not used with that lol.

With the time and a little experience I got to know the mentality of dominicanas are now I can tell day 1 if she is looking for a rich gringo or if she is really into me. That helps a lot to be selective. However I was puzzled with this kind of "platonic friendship" because most of them who are serious do not waste time with someone in distance.

From what I have experienced the "good" dominicanas will not take a gringo seriously or show much interest until you go to see them frequently and demonstrate them that you are looking for a serious relationship.

Eri76 wrote:

Are some well-educated Dominican women old-school who like traditional paypal etc..?

Oups (First post) I meant penpal not "paypal".