What happens after my visa is approved?

Hello,

I'm looking at applying for a fiance or spousal visa and am trying to plan my timeline.

What do I do once the visa is approved? Must I run off? Or can I hold off going to the UK for a while? I'm working as a journalist at the moment and I have to tender my resignation 3 months before I leave the job.

Hello Acanthi,

What kind of Visa did you apply for ?

Regards,

Evan

I'm looking at either a spousal or fiance visa, but we've yet to decide.

Acanthi wrote:

I'm looking at either a spousal or fiance visa, but we've yet to decide.

Are you married or engaged???????

We're engaged. But we're wondering if it would be better to get a fiance visa to be legally married in the UK, or get legally married in the UK or Malaysia, then get a spousal visa.

As long as I know, you have 6 montes to entry lhe country

You receive a vignette in your passport good for 30 days which allows you to enter the UK and collect your Biometric Residence Permit.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.
chaguedes wrote:

As long as I know, you have 6 montes to entry lhe country

6 months for all visa types?

pallykin wrote:

You receive a vignette in your passport good for 30 days which allows you to enter the UK and collect your Biometric Residence Permit.

Too bad your link was taken away...But thanks so much for sharing!
Do you mean I get a Biometric Residence Permit when my visa is approved? No matter which visa?

Thanks!!

It is always better to apply spouse visa outside uk, in fact it is preferred by UKBA too. Have you contacted British High Comm in KL for more information?

The British High Commission says it can't help me on Visa matters, neither can the British Embassy...

Fiance visa will only last for 6 months.

Thanks for the info :)