Living in the Palau

You are living in the Palau, or you used to live in the Palau.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in the Palau?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in the Palau?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in the Palau?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I don't know, but in this beautiful nature ... i think good^^

I want to buy or lease or build a house in Palau. Do you know how much the cost for a nice house on the beach or hill in the North of Palau, near the Capitol?

Hi guys, IŽm currently living in the Czech Republic. And considering to move out. IŽm so tired of cold, long winters, unpleasant people. IŽm 30 and my husband is 38.IŽm a teacher and my husband is a fitness trainer. We want to find a nice place to live and start a fresh new life. Can you help me? Give me any contacts, advice, whatever what can help me? Thanks a lot

I believe it is very difficult if not impossible to buy or own land on Palau without marrying into a native family.  I'm guessing a long term lease is the only option if you want to build.  I've searched the internet far and wide for any information about living there, and what I found about land ownership is that it is closely held within families, and some sort of 'beads' serve as deeds.  These beads can be worth significant amounts.  I think I found this information in a "Papa Mike" travel guide about spending a year in Palau, and was able to read most of it (with occasional pages omitted) either using the free preview feature on amazon.com or in books.google.com.

Read my reply, it's the first one in the list, as far as owning property in Palau, forget it.  Long term lease might be possible though.

Oh nm, it's the last one and you probably read it lol.

Watch out for the attorney generals office and the government in Palau. Corrupt. Very.

I've lived in Koror for 40 weeks thus far.  The Palauans have not had a written language all that long.    Property follows the maternal line, so I've been told but don't totally understand this principle.    Property can not, to my understanding, be purchased by non-Palauans.  Long term leases are common.  There are quite a number of structures that were under construction.  Many of these are multiple floor structures that haven't been closed in nor likely to be completed.  I've learned that land and property titles are a real mess to sort out. There are a number of American lawyers that tend to specialize in real estate law.  There are a lot of real estate scams pull over on foreigners.  This I believe to be the lawyer's bread and butter.

Is Tamara still banging the former President?

I'd love to stay in Palau. For me, it is peaceful and quiet. I want to live there with my love ones.

If I have the opportunity, I will be involved in church activities as I am a Born Again Christian.

I also wanted to share my Biblical views in what I believe in to others who are willing to be fed with the Word of God.

Also wanted to impart my skills to others.

Thanks and hoping to be in Palau in the future.

Victor Rey Cristi