Do you have any advice regarding schools in Barbados?

Hi, My husband was born in Barbados and lived there for 11 years before coming to the UK.  It has been his dream to retire back in Barbados and although he's not of retiring age yet (he is 60) he wants to start the process.  We are planning to go to Barbados in January 2016 for and initial 6 months, then if I like it and can get to grips with life out there, we will make the move.     

I'm concerned about a lot of things and feel that there is too much for me to organize before we depart - I need to source a good school that doesn't cost too much (I've looked at St Gabriels in St Michael) also I need to apply for citizenship if I'm going to try and work eventually, plus I need a place to rent for 6 months' in either St Michael or St George - even Christchurch!  in order to be near to the school as I understand that the traffic would be a big issue over there.

Can anyone suggest schools, rentals and even where to get a good priced car/car hire for 6 months'?

My other things is that I know there is an expat meeting place over in Barbados which I would like to participate in as soon as I get there in order to try and suppress the home sickness.....

Barbara

HI, we too are going to live there but plan an initial 6 months' in January 2016.  I'm worried about things like doctors, dentist etc.  We will be on limited income as we plan to rent out house out in the uk to pay for our living in Barbados for the 6 months', after that we will sell our UK house and look for one to buy in Barbados.  I've been told that we can ship a car without having to pay the import duty on it - it's part of a package that's being offered to UK residents at the moment - this seems a good idea from our point of view.

Do you have any advice regarding schools in Barbados?

Barbara

Hi bajanbird,

As you have a lot of questions, i have created a new thread with your post on the Barbados forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: