Looking for bilingual lawyer in Rincon

Hi,

My husband and I plan on purchasing a home in Rincon in 2016. We have been shown homes by a local realtor but do not have representation for our own interests when it will come time to checking titles, negotiating our price (having the option to check previous home sale prices), and closing.

Has anyone had a good experience with a local lawyer in Rincon?

Thank you in advance.

Joan

I used this lawyer when buying a place in PR a few months ago.  He is fluent in english and Spanish.  We were very happy with his service in helping us buy a place, research the title, extinguish an old lien on the title, register the title for us in PR, etc.
I can recommend him.

Frank Lopez

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

There is one located on 115 in the plaza with the frozen yogurt. Her name is lissette

Go on Facebook and follow friends of Rincon site and also another site on Facebook is Rincon directory

happyveg wrote:

Hi,

My husband and I plan on purchasing a home in Rincon in 2016. We have been shown homes by a local realtor but do not have representation for our own interests when it will come time to checking titles, negotiating our price (having the option to check previous home sale prices), and closing.

Has anyone had a good experience with a local lawyer in Rincon?

Thank you in advance.

Joan

When it comes to liens, closing, title investigation and related items, you need a lawyer.
When it comes with investigating what a fair price is for the property you need an assessor or a Buyers Realtor.
When  it comes time to check the properties for defects, problems about to happen with the structure, soil, working equipment, etc, you need a house inspector.

I would suggest you get an assessor, house inspector and lawyer. I would suggest you do it in that particular order before you make an offer. Otherwise you may be paying too much, the house may have an issue that may change the price or may make you change your mind, and the lawyer can check that the property is free and clear and add protection for you and for your tax liability, and finally to be there for the closing.

Great advise Rey!!

I really don't understand why anyone would buy. Renting is so cheap sand you are responsible for repairs.  We have a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom in Rincon with ocean view for $500 a month with water.  Our friend just rented the same size for $450 a month including everything

That is a great deal, Sandra~

Thank you so much for the responses!

Rey I will take you advice seriously. I am keeping a close watch on real estate prices and getting a sense of what sells and for what based on neighborhood, square footage and age (of structure and fixtures, etc.). An assessor and home inspector will be very helpful in the process. I'm following you closely btw, as we are both from Massachusetts.

Sandra, I did find good reviews for the Rincon lawyer Lissette Marin, thanks. And yes, I could be a renter my entire life and we might be for our first year. But my husband is a farmer at heart (we're on 3 acres now with bees and chickens) and he's already obsessing about tropical fruits, vegetables and trees to plant. It is his passion to grow our own food and to rip out kitchens and bathrooms to renovate.

I know that will potentially add all kinds of challenges to our lives, but he has a vision:)

Sitka thanks for your suggestion, and keep us up to date on your move.

I appreciate this community and being able to follow all of your adventures!

Joan

Hey Happyveg,
I will be closing on my house in Ceiba on Oct 26, but not moving until we sell here in Grafton,MA.
I will have an acre and full use of two other acres that i could buy later. I also will have a hydroponic greenhouse and plan to do some planting in and out of the green house.
Oh first order after the move and utilities is to build an inground pool, we have one in MA, but only get to use it 3-4 months out of the year, it will be a great treat to have a year round and private pool.

We moved from new Hampshire.   Definitely rent first.   Lots if property to rent in rincon area that you can farm and raise livestock.  We are located in the mountain in rincon. Only 10 mins from beaches  markets and town center.  Almost everyone in the area is part of the farming coop.      We are in cruese area.   Mountain and ocean view 3 bedroom 2 bath and lots of land behind us if we wanted to farm.  Visits daily in the yard are chickens and horses.   Please join friends of rincon on Facebook and we can talk more on there.  My name on Facebook via zazoo Pitts.  So you can reach me that way.  We can look you up with locals to help you rent a place.  We are here to assist you if you need it.  Just a word of advice.  Snowbirds arrive here in November and stay until April.  So housing becomes less and prices go up.

A couple of things, Joan- since your husband is a farmer there is a link on here in the blogs called Life Planet which you should find very interesting, They are a young couple from Colorado who bought about 4 ares and they are farming it and have turkeys,chickens, etc.

Right now we are renting a great house in Quebradilla (we found this purely by accident on clasificados) and we have a nice yard and since my hubby has a real green thumb, he growns tomatoes, lemons, string beans, guayaba, guanabanas, egg plants and peppers and spicy ajises. We have a tremendous avocado tree that was here and we really benefit from it from about June to November.

We love it here and would love to stay here for the rest of our days. We are Puerto Rican and so there is no problem with the language but have found many english speaking people that live here.
So once you move here, contact me and we can welcome you to P.R.

Take care,

Tonie

tonie064 wrote:

A couple of things, Joan- since your husband is a farmer there is a link on here in the blogs called Life Planet which you should find very interesting, They are a young couple from Colorado who bought about 4 ares and they are farming it and have turkeys,chickens, etc.

Right now we are renting a great house in Quebradilla (we found this purely by accident on clasificados) and we have a nice yard and since my hubby has a real green thumb, he growns tomatoes, lemons, string beans, guayaba, guanabanas, egg plants and peppers and spicy ajises. We have a tremendous avocado tree that was here and we really benefit from it from about June to November.

We love it here and would love to stay here for the rest of our days. We are Puerto Rican and so there is no problem with the language but have found many english speaking people that live here.
So once you move here, contact me and we can welcome you to P.R.

Take care,

Tonie

From planting to harvest, how long does it take for lemons, guayaba and guanabanas?
I may be interested in some of those hot peppers, are they the Puerto Rican variety (Caballeros)?
I love Hot Food and Pique.
Thanks

Hi Rey- Our market here south of Boston is very hot, so I hope you get the price you would like. We live in our own multi-family and will rely on that as a business, but it is tempting to sell seeing the prices going up. And having a pool sounds great, and at least you don't have to close it down each year. Going down to the 30's at night next weekend!

Tonie- Thank you for your message, and for such a nice welcome. You'll laugh at my total obsession with Cassie's Transplanet blog and her life on the land in Rincon. I refer to them as the 'turkey couple' when I tell my husband of their projects.

Sandra I just joined the Friends of Rincon page. I've liked a ton of Rincon pages, but this is great to see what's really go on:) When we were down in July I loved the Sana farm booth in town and at the Sunday market. And we were at Carta Buena each morning.

Thanks again everyone!

Joan

Let us knot when you arrive be happy to assist you in any way