Turning a visitors visa into a work visa.

Hi all,

I flew into Bahrain a few days ago buying a 3 month visitors visa at border control with the intention to change it into a work visa and have just realized that the stamp they used in my passport says in bold letters "NOT PERMITTED TO TAKE UP ANY EMPLOYMENT IN BAHRAIN" which has worried me. Does this mean that I can not now get a job in Bahrain?? or turn my visitors visa into a work visa??

If you could inform me if this is true It will be much appreciated.

Oliver

You can find work your employer will be responsible for conversion of your visit visa to a work one.
Like most countries it's illegal to work on a visit visa

Agreed - it is pretty clear you shouldn't be working on that visa and I would tend to take that seriously.  However, you can look for work.  Once hired your employer should be the one taking over the switch of your visa into something you can work here under.

Good luck

Ok so there should be no problem with me getting a job or getting a work visa?

As far as I know, and hopefully someone will correct me if this isn't the case, you can look for a job but not work until you have that visa. 

What I mean is having a job doesn't necessarily mean you'll have an income until that new visa is in your possession - be mindful and prepared for the fact sometimes visas take time to go through.

You can't work , but you can search for a job , and when everything is said and done , just convert your visit/tourist visa to work visa .

And Welcome to Bahrain  :gloria

hello everypone, please I am looking for a good travel agent that I can work with, I am looking for a direct employment from companies in Bahrain who are looking for foreign workers. thank you all