Visit Visa extensions

hi, i have a question  :)
I'm aware an American can only get a 3 month tourist visa to Bahrain and can only stay 2 weeks at a time in the country. But i was wondering how difficult is it to extend the 2 week stay for another 2 weeks? and whats the process to do that? i've already emailed the Bahrain evisa site but havent gotten any response
thanks for any help  :)

Hi,

It is very easy to renew/extend the current visa by visiting the NPRA (see the link for the map). You need to go to the building at the far end (straight ahead from the gate) and once you enter the building go to the counter on your right. There you tell them that you need a visa extension, pay 25BD and thats all.When I go to extend the visa of a friend the whole process did not take more than 15min.

Good luck

NPRA office

15 minutes if you time it right. Took me two hours last time. Go as soon as it opens to ensure a smooth process. Also ask for 6 forms if you want to do this on a regular basis as you can fill in the forms before you go.
Be aware that once your extension runs out, you do have to leave the country and fly back in. It's an expensive way to stay in Bahrain but it's the only way if you don't have a CPR & Residency permit.

Thank you both so much!!!!!! I'm gonna try for a 5 year visa and extend it once (twice max). Any idea how many times you're allowed to extend it without requiring to leave the country and reenter?
Thank you so much again :)

Be careful, with a 5 year visa you have to leave Bahrain every 28 days. You will spend a fortune unless you have a way of getting in to Saudi to renew it.

Oh, I was under the impression I could extend the visa at least once after the 28 days are up without having to leave and reenter

Spend a fortune on the trips ill have to take to exit and reenter you mean?
Thank you again for your help  :)

Double check but that's the information I have from friends who took the 5 year multi entry/exit visa option.

Josnuggles wrote:

Double check but that's the information I have from friends who took the 5 year multi entry/exit visa option.

Not if you get a paper CPR.

If you have a paper cpr then you can get a residency stamp and there is no need for any multi entry/exit visa