Visa category

Hi All,
I have received the visa copy, but no where it is mentioned about the visa category. It is just mentioned about Employment in the VISA TYPE column.
Please suggest, how to check the visa category like profession etc. Also Please suggest the website where I can see the company profile.

Thanks in advance guys...

BR,
Mohammed Basheer Ahmed.

bashaam wrote:

Hi All,
I have received the visa copy, but no where it is mentioned about the visa category. It is just mentioned about Employment in the VISA TYPE column.
Please suggest, how to check the visa category like profession etc. Also Please suggest the website where I can see the company profile.

Thanks in advance guys...

BR,
Mohammed Basheer Ahmed.

on visa not return visa category
only sponsor know what visa category your
after you come when they prepare letter to make your residential card you know what category u have for visa

you can ask the name of company and in google u can check company details

Thanks Mr. Khan,

Company Name and address is already mentioned on the visa copy. Since the company is newly established, it does not exist in Oman Yellow Pages.
Is there any way out or any website where we can find out the company profile???

Hi bashaam,

All expats who enter Oman on employment visa come on the same visa, irrespective of if the expat is a CEO or a cleaner.

Only while registering for the resident card would you know your designation and category as mentioned in the official documents. This is entirely based on what job clearance the company has at hand, at that time. That is why there are so many expats who are doing one job, while their resident card says something else totally different to what they are doing.

Since labour clearances are very hard to come by and as companies need expatriates to do the job, they get them over on whatever clearance that they might have just to ensure that the work does not get affected. But this is illegal and is detrimental for the employer as well as the employee. But yet, often times the company takes that risk, putting the employee's social status at stake.

It is up to the employee to ensure that the resident card says exactly what he / she is doing and that the designation matches as close as possible to the real one.

bashaam wrote:

Thanks Mr. Khan,

Company Name and address is already mentioned on the visa copy. Since the company is newly established, it does not exist in Oman Yellow Pages.
Is there any way out or any website where we can find out the company profile???

Hi
I don't understand why you're bothered about your company profile now.... after accepting the offer & having employment Visa in hand.

Hi,
Haven't received the offer letter in a standard format or attested by chamber. It was just a formal offer letter on company's letter head.
Do I need to ask an offer letter with attested by chamber????
Please clarify....

bashaam wrote:

Hi,
Haven't received the offer letter in a standard format or attested by chamber. It was just a formal offer letter on company's letter head.
Do I need to ask an offer letter with attested by chamber????
Please clarify....

Even for me they issued a plain offer letter (without any signatures or stamp on it) on company letter head. Once I joined them in Oman, they issued the signed one (photocopy). The 'original letter' is still with them. That should not be an issue, I think.