Advice for Clearance and Visa

Greetings. I am from South Africa and just signed an employment offer for a teaching post in Oman. How many days does the ministry generally take to decide if a candidate is approved or not? I was told 3 days and I can only apply for my work Visa when I am in Oman. I am very anxious. In what cases does the ministry turn down applications?

Netesh wrote:

Greetings. I am from South Africa and just signed an employment offer for a teaching post in Oman. How many days does the ministry generally take to decide if a candidate is approved or not? I was told 3 days and I can only apply for my work Visa when I am in Oman. I am very anxious. In what cases does the ministry turn down applications?

I think you need to be patient, if your papers are authentic then you have nothing to worry about.

Concerning the work permit, you still have a long way and can only obtain one from here after a procedure approved by the ministry of labour.
Still before applying for a visa you need to submit a Medical report for tests as per Oman standards.  So just be calm

Thanks for the response. The agent said to me that if the clearance is granted then I may have to fly of to Oman by next week. I asked about the medicals and she said it wasn't required. She stated that once I'm there then the school will apply for the work Visa and I must purchase a tourist visa on arrival.

Hi Natesh
Though I'm not an expert in these matters I'm simply writing down my personal opinion.
It seeems your employer doesn't want to spend money on his/her future employee...! You will pay for tourist visa, you will pay for medical test in Oman & I'm sure they will make you pay for your work visa too.... If something goes wrong at any stage they are not losing anything!! I think they're just playing it safe.
Ideally, they should care to spend some bugs & get your Employment visa after getting clearances from the concerned ministry & be sure that you are medically fit before you arrive here. But it seems they are not ready to take chances. Ask (request) them to reimburse everything that you have spent towards joining them...

Something fishy here, still medical tests are vital before applying for a working visa.that's the first step.so before you move to Oman make sure you are fit. Recommended tests (Hiv, Hcg, Hepatitis, TB

The agent stated that I will be reimbursed for the short term tourist visa. I must bring a medical certificate from my country stating my good health. The contract also says that their PRO person will take me for an HIV test as well as for a resident card upon arrival. I am also skeptical. But if they are willing to purchase the air ticket then maybe a little doubt is diminished. Does receiving an employment offer mean that they are really interested in you and that the job is yours if you get clearance?

Someone has to take you through the process. Tests are done from visa defined centres.blood&urine tests not forgetting the chest xrays. Since you got the offer then you are a cake at the table, just be optimistic.  The registration for a permit do not take a century, just a few days depending on how convenient it will be. Someone has to take you through all this coz a sponsor signature is required. Good luck

Oh and do check for details of the school and your earnings and benefits before signing any country. You can always seek help from this blog

It is in Muskat Oman... Salary is 750. Accomodation is provided. 150 for utilities. 200 for transport. Medical is provided. I am so anxious. I can't wait for clearance... Is this a good offer? Flights included.

Netesh wrote:

It is in Muskat Oman... Salary is 750. Accomodation is provided. 150 for utilities. 200 for transport. Medical is provided. I am so anxious. I can't wait for clearance... Is this a good offer? Flights included.

Salary -Approximately (25928 rands. Mmmmh. With all benefits and expenses covered thats quite a catch. You can save plus its above the maximum amount of inviting or sponsoring someone (600). And you never know what more awaits. Good luck

Thank you so much for your kind words of support. I'm in so much anxiety. I just eagerly await clearance and then my journey begins.

Netesh wrote:

Thank you so much for your kind words of support. I'm in so much anxiety. I just eagerly await clearance and then my journey begins.

Pleasure is mine.this blog is A help room to everyone, dont hesitate to browse through numerous posts.
I hope your move is towards e end of e year or beginning of 2026 when e temps are a bit lower, Atleast you will have an easier adaptation.

I was told by the agent that the school wants me asap yet it is a holy holiday this week in all UAE countries. The school submitted my forms for Manpower approval/clearance. By when would they get back to the school? Is there a turn-around time or a way to expidite the process?

The manpower clearance is the toughest leg. It will take a week assuming your employer already has clearance to hire an expat (which for the moment let's assume they have). Once clearance is received, the actual visa processing is just a clerical process which takes a week maximum. Because of eid things will be slow. Add an extra two weeks for lethargy and document preparation. I am not aware of a way to expedite matters.

Thank you so much. So its safe to say that by next thursday the school would have feedback from manpower. All I need is the clearance and I can fly. Plz keep me in prayer hoping that my clearance can come fast.

Netesh wrote:

Thank you so much. So its safe to say that by next thursday the school would have feedback from manpower. All I need is the clearance and I can fly. Plz keep me in prayer hoping that my clearance can come fast.

Holiday means Holiday here. Dont even panic, whatever is meant to be.will be. Btw , its 'Gulf coast Countries'. UAE is an independent nation within.  Good luck

m working n muscat n one of a branded hotel..5 star..but d mngment r so selfish.dey wil not allow u to resign after ur contract fnsh.like me working for 7 yrs.and m stil d same n position and same routine n everyday of my working life.I want to grow and to.move in other field dat dey cnot gve on me wat d benefits and high salary from other company but not same hotel industry.wat can I do or should i hve a right to fight for my clearnce and to get an NOC.I realy fed up on this company coz dey dindnt know how to tkcre der staff.thnk u smch..please hope u can help me and gve some personel who I can talk to get d advice and step by step.by d way m from asian.hope u can help.me..thnk u

You cannot fight for your clearance. It is purely up to the present employers discretion whether to issue it. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfying job. Maybe you should discuss your concerns with them. Your employer may do something to ensure they don't lose an experienced hand like you.

mathew simpao wrote:

m working n muscat n one of a branded hotel..5 star..but d mngment r so selfish.dey wil not allow u to resign after ur contract fnsh.like me working for 7 yrs.and m stil d same n position and same routine n everyday of my working life.I want to grow and to.move in other field dat dey cnot gve on me wat d benefits and high salary from other company but not same hotel industry.wat can I do or should i hve a right to fight for my clearnce and to get an NOC.I realy fed up on this company coz dey dindnt know how to tkcre der staff.thnk u smch..please hope u can help me and gve some personel who I can talk to get d advice and step by step.by d way m from asian.hope u can help.me..thnk u

Hi mathew simpao,

You have a simple choice : Take it, or leave it.

You cannot fight the system. And the system favours the company / organisation, not the employee.

Times are tough now. If you are unhappy with what you are getting, the options open are nil.

Your employer will have 10 more candidates ready and willing to fill your position, if you want to leave.

NOC will be out of the question. No sane employer will give his / her employee an NOC these days.

Details as to why are posted in the forum already. Refer there for more information.

Try to make the most of the opportunity that you have. Else, move on. Do not stay and complain.

Oman is an employer's market. Not an employees. Understand that.

Lastly, when you post here, please use formal English. Your post is hard to decipher.