Looking for Expat groups living in Angeles City.

Hello Everyone!

I have recently moved from Bali, Indonesia and I am looking for Expat groups who meet regularly in Angeles City. Looking very forward to your feedback! Thanks!

Kind regards,
Viona.

Hello Viola! Nice to meet you. I am Cindy and I live in Mabalacat City, next to Angeles City. And I work inside Clark Freeport Zone just a few minutes away. Just visit any places near the walking street and you'll see tons of expats anytime of the day. Enjoy your stay!

Hi Cindy

Thanks so much for your reply! We're still exploring the area and can hook up with you when we visit Clark Freeport Zone, if you like. Have a super weekend!

Ooops! Sorry, I misspelled your name! Anyway, It's nice to hear from you. Yeah, I always go to SM Clark or Marquee Mall with my daughter. Maybe we can meet there one time. See you!

I have real estate [moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your service on the forum
AllyCruz wrote:

I have real estate

What part of Angeles City is it in ?

Various locations.  What is your preference?

Thanks Ally, but I all ready have rented a home in a gated community.

Call me crazy but I see many many expats in my area in Batangas. Seems none of them are interested in a chat or forming relationships.  I am a decent looking, clean, Australian. Not the kind of guy you would avoid and my Asawa is cute and pretty...So has anyone else experienced this.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Your post is off-topic, please post an advert in the Jobs in the Philippines section section

YES..... I was in the Philippines for a year and walking down the street I'd see a white guy walking towards me. Now we are the only white guys on the whole street and they walk right past. Not making eye contact or smile or any kind of acknowledgment. I thought that was the strangest thing ever. Really weird actually.

you might try a search for other expat forums...there are several. Guess depends on the area. Several in Cebu, at least 3 in Cagayan de Oro where I am. I think just search. Nice to be away from expats, but also nice for get togethers now and then.

I need a residential address in Angeles.  But I will be frequently out of the Philippines on travel.  Anyone help ?

Mcadoo

You still around Angeles ?

Try joining a club, like Rotary International, they welcome every one openly.

Hi Sis,

The only place I can think of would be the American VFW post. Not an expat group as such but mostly a lot of retired military spend time there. You do not have to be a member to use the restaurant etc there and might be a good idea to get information on real expat groups in the area if they exist.

Best Of Luck

I've noticed that a lot if expats in the Philippines seem to avoid eyes contact and speaking to other foriengers. Where I'm from in Canada.  It's very easy to meet and chat with people you meet. Not sure why it's different here.The only place that I was able to meet and make friends with foriengers was with a large golf group in Baguio.

Baracuda555 wrote:

I've noticed that a lot if expats in the Philippines seem to avoid eyes contact and speaking to other foriengers. Where I'm from in Canada.  It's very easy to meet and chat with people you meet. Not sure why it's different here.The only place that I was able to meet and make friends with foriengers was with a large golf group in Baguio.

I've lived here for just over 15 years and do notice the same thing but only in the tourist areas such as Manila and Angeles City. The ""tourists" that visit the Angeles City area for the most part are not here to visit with other expats. Rather a large percentage are enjoying the "recreational" offerings that the night life provides.

Go into the SM Clark mall and the vast majority of the foreign visitors are there with their *Great granddaughters* --if you get my drift :joking: . Again, these people are not here to make friends with the rest of us and avoid contact for their own reasons.

Most of the friends that my wife and I have are locals that have married foreign nationals and that seems to work pretty well for us.
Biggest problem for me personally is that I have two daughters, 14 and 17yrs old. At least once every month while my wife is at work I take the two of them to either SM or Marquee mall for lunch and shopping. At their age, being there with them makes me also look like the nigh-life-tourist. But who cares? I know who I'm with and why I'm there - AND I am friendly and will visit with anyone that wants to have a chat  :D

I have noticed the same behavior in Cebu. Not sure what the deal is on that, maybe they are non-social loners or something. 😂😂

"Navajo52
Biggest problem for me personally is that I have two daughters, 14 and 17yrs old. At least once every month while my wife is at work I take the two of them to either SM or Marquee mall for lunch and shopping. At their age, being there with them makes me also look like the nigh-life-tourist. But who cares? I know who I'm with and why I'm there"

One of my friends suggested that when I'm out with my 11 year-old stepdaughter I might be pegged as a pedophile, and maybe even reported to authorities, even with no evidence if I rub someone the wrong way.

In Davao in the big SM mall, or walking to and from, there's no eye contact with other foreigners, even though they are not obviously sex tourists; many are with their local wives, many of similar age.

I don't know what that is about.  I've seen  few sitting together for coffee.

bizwizard wrote:

In Davao in the big SM mall, or walking to and from, there's no eye contact with other foreigners, even though they are not obviously sex tourists; many are with their local wives, many of similar age.

I don't know what that is about.  I've seen  few sitting together for coffee.

Yep, same thing up here close to Angeles. I was at SM Clark yesterday with my wife. She went looking in stores and I took a break and sat at a restaurant in a hallway. Many other people from other countries but none making eye contact or conversation with anyone else. Seems strange to me also. I finally opened my mouth and ended up having a good conversation. The guy was from the US like me and catching a plane last night from Clark to take him back to his work in the Middle East. Guess ya just have to open your mouth and strike up a conversation with others as very few seem to want to visit.

@Allanna

You just have to accept some people prefer a miserable life of keeping themselves to themselves. . The best way to meet people is through joining activities

As for  The famous  Walking Street I avoid it like the plague   And have, in fact, never been. . The frequent visitors there are simply not the kind of friends I want to make

Ali

@Viona Loos  Viona

Join Angeles City Expats on Facebook

My son and his wife seem to be your age judging from your picture so if interested in hooking up let me know and good luck here

Hello Ali Mafi,

Welcome to expat.com!

Unfortunately, both members Allanna and Viona Loos are no longer active on the forum. Hence they would not see your message.

I invite you to browse on the Philippines forum and to participate in more active/recent discussions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Navajo52

Hi there. My name is Paul and I am from England. I would like to chat with you if you have time.

@Navajo52

I would love to have a chat with you.

My name is Paul and I am from England. I have lived in Angeles City for 24 years.

@pab2008whatvwould you like to chat about

@dudleyrc51

If he's been living in Angeles for the last 24 years there won't be much to chat about.

Besides his brain has probably been addled with STD's.

Like Idi Amin Lotus?

One needs to remember that this OP is over 8 years old and I know one member is not with us anymore, a good man, happens to us all.

People can live in Angeles city and not get involved in extra curricular/risky activities but simply appreciate the Ambience and facilities offered in that or many cities in PH.

Home is where you make it and whims/choices are individual decisions? We all make our bed.

Cheer's Steve.

@bigpearl

If ever you come out of retirement Steve I'm sure you could get a job with the Angeles Tourist Board.

LMFAO Lotus. Retirement suits me fine and the Highlights of sex bars around the world is well past, yes all countries and PH? why pick on Angeles City? Manila, Cebu Davao or the local fiesta, seen it all and had my fun. We have bars here no different to cities/towns in any country, I will stay in retirement as one dude is enough to keep me busy. Too busy.

Cheers, Steve.

One way to find expats would be to look up online open AA meetings and attend same.  I believe most the participants are expats.  A few people here have told me that their are few Filipino alcoholics, since it is such a poor country.

Mudpuck bellowed:

A few people here have told me that their are few Filipino alcoholics, since it is such a poor country.

From Movendi intl.

"In the Philippines, people's health is being threatened from harm caused by the products and practices of the alcohol industry. The department of health conducted a mobile phone survey to assess the prevalence of risk factors for non-communicable diseases (NCDs). A total of 3,087 adults took part in the survey in January 2021.

The survey found that alcohol harm was high among Filipinos:

Four in 10 Filipino adults (40.1%) reported past 30 day alcohol use.

Men used more alcohol than women (51.5% vs. 28.9%).

One in three Filipinos (33.1%) reported high-risk and heavy alcohol use with consuming six or more alcoholic beverages in one sitting.

Again men engaged in greater numbers in binge alcohol consumption than women (43. 2% vs. 22.9%)."

Does not mean they go to AA meetings

From Movendi intl.The department of health conducted a mobile phone survey to assess the prevalence of risk factors for non-communicable diseases (NCDs).       -@danfinn

I did not see dying from being ran over by bus because they're looking at their phones participating in the survey.

In general, a huge number of people in the streets of Manila are glued to their cell phones. I wouldn't be surprised people had died due to inattention to vehicles, manholes or muggers.

I expected death by cell phone would have made it on the list.

Sorry, off topic.

One way to find expats would be to look up online open AA meetings and attend same.  I believe most the participants are expats.  A few people here have told me that their are few Filipino alcoholics, since it is such a poor country.

-@mugteck

Now thats what I call thinking outside the box. You would probably run into Paul at one of the many sex addiction clinics in Angeles.

mugteck said. . . . One way to find expats would be to look up online open AA meetings and attend same.  I believe most the participants are expats.  A few people here have told me that their are few Filipino alcoholics, since it is such a poor country.

Angeles City? Skip AA and join SA (Sexaholics Anonymous.)

Meet a bettet class of people at AA meetingss

LOL mugteck.

Hi my names Steve and I'm an alcoholic, is this where the party is or did I come to the wrong place?

Angeles City has plenty of expats and you don't need to go to an AA meeting to socialize, Even here in the middle of nowhere land there are dozens of expats and though cordial we keep our distance, the locals are a lot easier to get on with, no egos, no baggage but hey OMO and choice.

Cheers, Steve.