Modern International School (Bharatiya Bidya Bhavan) Muscat

Hello my dear friends

Can anyone here please help me with this new school ! It has just launched this year ! Do you know personally anyone who have joined the school? Feedback will be highly appreciated.
I am moving to Muscat on the 26th November. I will bring my family once I settle may be after a month. My son will be joining Class 1.
A feedback of this school will be much appreciated. Please.
Thanks

I have heard good reports about Modern International School (Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan).

But more importantly, you will not be able to bring you family within a month's time as you've stated. As per the latest Ministry of Immigration rules family joining / dependant visas will be issued to the wives and children only after the primary employment visa holder (head of the family) completes 6 months of residence in the Sultanate.

Speak to your Omani employer now itself to get this point clarified.

Sumitran wrote:

I have heard good reports about Modern International School (Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan).

But more importantly, you will not be able to bring you family within a month's time as you've stated. As per the latest Ministry of Immigration rules family joining / dependant visas will be issued to the wives and children only after the primary employment visa holder (head of the family) completes 6 months of residence in the Sultanate.

Thank you so much Mr Sumitran !
I was not aware of this immigration rule. During the interview ( end of June) they only mentioned that bring your family only after you have settled that is after couple of months ! This makes a huge difference then.
The HR from the MOH has never replied to my emails till date. I hope they do this time with this query.
Many thanks

My son goes to this school.
It's ok enough.

Thank you mystic me

Any updates about the quality and standard of education of Bhavans Modern International School, Muscat? It has completed one year now and I shall be grateful if any parents share their experience.  It would be helpful for my decision.

Sumitran wrote:

Have a look here: muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman/No-six-month-wait-for-family-visas-ROP-2jrp

MODERN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN OMAN HAS FINISHED OVER A YEAR, ANY REVIEWS FOR THE SAME ? THANKS IN ADVANCE

MISO running in twin  villa  not having proper teaching system unsatisfactory infrastructure such as play ground or auditorium.they dont have experinced teachers as per international standard neither they have good outdoor facility. At the time of admission they had promised still  small-small issues not yet sorted out leave other as like experince staff. No teachers list on website as they hire n fire the s teachers. They compare indian schools but school charges so much as international standard so comparison is not fair. Atleast indian schools charge less n r running systematicaly from uniforms, books ,holidays all r given on time. moreover pricipal does not resolve such issues. In first term fully no computers, no uniform belt ..he still says every thing is running smooth.

We all parents are worried what will hapen to our children's  future. We have requested several times to the principal that school not running as per CBSE I STANDARD but still no action has been taken as like some other parents we are also planning to shift our children  to some other schools or better send them to India.
Modern international school is a school run unsystematically. So our advice is not to get ur ward into it.

Hi,

With deep regret i am writing about this school modern international school in azaibha  which took admission for my son for 1st std in april 2014 under cbsei...they did a entrance test in february 2014 .
.But the school opened in last week of april2014 for 1st std and closed in june 2014 1st week itself stating its too hot ...The school has already started functioning from april 2013.

They send a  mail in august2014 that they school session is changed to september.that means my son lost 6 months of his time and his session will finish in august 2015.so whats this all about?all the other cbsei schools in oman are  taking admission in april .also as per cbsei rules its clearly stated that cbsei session starts only in april and they have only one session.so whats this all about.we parents are deeply worried about this and are planning to approach legally.since its a clear case of cheating from the school.i would like to get opinions from others whoever read this how to approach this.When we met the school board of directors they are telling like since its an international it should start only in september.But where is the regulations of cbsei which clearly states that its session starts in april. also why they cheated us by taking admission in april  if they are going to change the session to september

Regarding the education its very very poor.all the activities are upto the standard but studies wise its really bad.

Please think before making your wards get admission to this school.

Sympathies for you. You may approach a legal consultant who will further guide you.

Education & health are least considered as priority in Oman but the business. The main agenda behind all this is to grab as much amount as one could be. End of the day, the "Arbab" of the school doesn't care how many children are benefited from the education. All he cares about is how much profits or the income he has earned with all this.

Anyway, as I said, you have the right to legally take the case up.

Can anyone suggest which are the best Indian Schools in Muscat. I would be shifting to Oman in June and would like to get my ward admitted in Grade 1. Also can anyone suggest what is the alternative way to bring Family in Oman before completing 6 months of my residence in Oman.

bikash1979 wrote:

Can anyone suggest which are the best Indian Schools in Muscat. I would be shifting to Oman in June and would like to get my ward admitted in Grade 1. Also can anyone suggest what is the alternative way to bring Family in Oman before completing 6 months of my residence in Oman.

Hi bikash1979,

Getting admission in Grade 1 in any Indian School here in Muscat would be easier said than done.

If your read in the forum, you would know why.

Family can be brought on visit visa which carries a validity period of 3 months, plus 1 month's extension.

But for school admissions a valid family joining visa entry is mandatory.

Admissions would not be given for visit visa holding students.

Good luck.

Still outcomes has not rated about Modern Intr School-Oman, since it is a new setup, definitely take time to earn repute. All Indian school are more or less equal over studies. Indian school wadi kabir is good for primary, whereas for secondary, Darsait / Muscat/ Ghubra is good.

Regarding Family joining visa, it is provided on which grade u r taking employment.
All Professionals (Engineers/Doctors/advocates/Charted accountants/architects/higher teachers etc) and all managers grades and above are entitle to bring Family on joining visa immediately( You need to show basic salary above Omani Riyal of 600, which is mentioned on your Ministry of Manpower registration letter and a valid Rent agreement of your Name, in case company is providing free accommodation/Flat, then your company has to give one undertaking)
So no need to worry about to get Family joining Visa.
If above condition is not meeting, then only will hv to wait for 6 month ( but still need basic salary above 600 Riyal Omani & a valid Rent agreement of flat.

Cheers

Sumitran wrote:

Sir IS this true ?

vinodinoman wrote:
Sumitran wrote:

Sir IS this true ?

Hi vinodinoman,

Firstly you must understand that no expat related rule in Oman is carved in stone. They keep changing things ever so often that no one can say anything for sure.

In this case, what is happening now is family joining visa is being issued selectively. For some there is a wait period, while for some others there is none. And again the wait period varies from 1 month, to 2 months, to 3 months ... Those who are exempted from the wait period are, obviously, above a certain level professionally.

Best would be for you to consult with your company PRO about your case.

Sumitran is right.

The best answer you will get from your company's HR.
e.g : As many Engineers (B.Tech & above) are joining on technician visa, so technician will have to wait for 6 month to get Family on Joining visa (Basic 600 OMR & above salary & flat agreement is a must).

And all schools providing admission only on Family Joining Visa, not on Any kind of visit visa.
TC

i would like to inform you that you might have mistaken the school as we had a FEMALE PRINCIPAL and not a he

Still outcomes has not rated about Modern Intr School-Oman, since it is a new setup, definitely take time to earn repute. All Indian school are more or less equal over studies. Indian school wadi kabir is good for primary, whereas for secondary, Darsait / Muscat/ Ghubra is good.[b][/b]

i WAS A STUDENT IN MORDEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL FROM THE BEGGINING OF THE SCHOOL TO THE END OF THE SCHOOL and i am now studying at wadi kabir school so, as a student everyone wants personal attention, and here in wadi kabir a few teachers dont even spell our NAMES right taht shows how much tehy care... so kindly know taht bruh mordern international school is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than wadi kabir primary and main school u need to stop spreading bad reviews about this school the 4 yrs i spent in mordern international school were the best years of my life