New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hello my name is Mark and I currently live in Barcelona via Wyoming in the States. I have been here just over a month and am reaching out to meet more people in this wonderful city. I love to travel and have been doing so since I completed college. I am very optimistic about moving back to Spain and love the culture and everything about this country. I am looking to start working here in Spain and have a wealth of knowledge doing just about everything from restaurant/bar work to financial planning with my degree in Finance. I look forward to meeting you all very soon.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Hello! My name is Yona and my husband and I are looking to relocate our family from Canada to Madrid or possibly Barcelona in the coming year. I am particularly interested in any advice on international schools (children will be ages 3 and 7 at the time of the move), neighborhoods that are young children friendly, and any information on settling in Spain and obtaining visas for a prolonged stay. TIA!

Hi there,
I grew up in South Africa and have lived in Spain for the last 5 years. Before that I lived for many years in the UK. I am planning a move from my current location in Alicante to the Girona area - I love living in Spain but enjoy change and have heard great things about the area;)

Hi,
my name is Maria Simona. Me and my family (my husband and three little girls) are currently living in Adelaide, South Australia. We are planning to move to Valencia at the beginning of 2016. I would appreciate any feedback from other Australians who moved to Spain.
Kind regards!

Hi,
I am not Australian, but I am originally from South Africa so there are some similarities;) I lived in the UK for 10 years before moving here to Alicante - the long winters and low skies just got too much for me! I wanted sun!!! I have now lived here for 5 years and I love it.
It is hot, especially inland where it can get up to 43 or more. There are very strong winds that blow here for a few months on and off over winter - they have blown small pieces of furniture off my roof terrace into the car park! Cape Town has a wind called the South Easter which is similar so I was not too averse to them;)
There are excellent schools here - and I find the children are on the whole  very well behaved. The cost of living is incredibly cheap compared to the UK, but water and power are similar.Houses are very cheap too;)
Overall its not a bad place to live - and I have met one Australian lady here who would not live anywhere else;)

Hello, everyone!

My name is Santiago. I live in Fuenlabrada but I work in Alcobendas.

My company is lloking for British who live in Madrid and offers a job as online technical support operator.

On the other hand, I want to meet native speakers to practise and improve my English.

Thank you!

first thank you so much im acutully i will travel to spain looking for any job just for help me in my expenses studying and i hope to help me find The opportunity to work

Hi,
I am new to the Spain Forum. I am a fashion designer and pattern cutter born, raised and trained in London. I have lived in Costa Rica for 15 years now. It is a wonderful place but I feel the calling of Europe once again.I speak Spanish and English and understand a lot of French too.
My husband and I will be in the Barcelona – Valencia area in September and I would like to meet people, but especially anyone with connections in fashion with view to making a move to the area.
I design and manufacture couture, evening and Wedding dresses. I have ready to wear mixed separates, and recently a range of comfortable but pretty pajamas for warmer climates.
We have a 12 year old daughter and are also interested in any information on schools.
Thanks,
Lucasta

Hi.

My name is Vineet. It means polite and i am very true to my name. I have been living here in alicante for about 3 months now. I am here for my doctoral studies in neuroscience. I would like to meet new people for cultural exchange. I am easy going guy who loves to make new friends and enjoy knowing about their country, passions, traditions and culture. Looking forward to hear from all the party people and wonderful delighters. With love! :)

Vineet

Hello,

My name is Jasper ten Wolde, student @ HU university in the Netherlands. I am searching for an internship abroad.

I am studying: Sales and Marketing Management
My graudate internships starts: 1 February 2016

Can you give me some good advice? Please let me know.

Hi, I'm Oliver/male/40/sane/professional and looking to relocate permanently to Barcelona from the UK in early 2016. I am half-Catalan and am conversant in both Spanish and Catalan and looking for a new career. I have a driving licence and a degree in Politics/Spanish from Exeter University and the UAB and have worked in London in media/pr for the last 15+ years. If anyone can advise on the best way to get a job in Barcelona I'd be very grateful, thanks.

Hi all

I have been hanging around on these forums and the Gibraltar ones for a few months now but have finally decided to make the move to Spain.

I will be living in Estepona to start with and am moving down around the 10th of October. Are there any kind of social sites that people use to meet new people :) My mum and sister will be over there as well and some other Family but it would be good to get to know other people as well :)

Anyway thought I would pop in here to say Hi :)

What about Meetup.com?;)

nice one will check it out :)

Hi

Spain is a really beautiful country and depends on what you are looking for.  Madrid and Barcelona has lot of opportunities related to work.  There is a good demand for english teachers and i am myself looking for one.  If at all u plan to come to madrid we will be pleased to assist you

Hi monica my name is jane im english and currently travel beteeen madrid and uk. Would love to make some new freinds so if youd like to get in touch and maybe we could meet up

Thanks jane

Hi Santiago my name is jane i am british and currantly travel between uk and madrid. Would like to make some new freinds to Help with my spanish also. I spend a week in the uk and work there in the uk that week then come to madrid for a week then back to uk. Its a strange set up but it works for me although i plan to move to madrid next year as my partner is spanish if youd like to meet up then please get in touch

Thanks jane

Hi, Helena!
I hope you can find the accommodation you are looking for. Anyway, you'll love Barcelona. It's a lovely city. Enjoy your time in Spain!

Hi I´m Rosa, an English expat living in Barcelona for 1 year already.
I´m staying here long term therefore I´m interested in making new friends!

If you´re in Barcelona and wanting to meet new friends let me know!
Mainly looking for people aged 18-24 to meet with because I am 19 myself.

Look forward to hearing from some of you :)

Hi,

My name is Adriaan. I have been living on Tenerife since 1980. I am looking for native speakers from Danmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland who are living on Tenerife [moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the appropriate section : Jobs in Tenerife

If your work lets you Barcelona is a great choice, we just moved a couple of months ago with a 3 yo after paris- jakarta and amsterdam and we so love it !

Hi,

My name is Sneha. I just moved here and will be here until the end of February. I am working with an online recruitment platform and doing a Post graduate course in Marketing as well.

I am Indian, grew up in the middle east and then moved to Canada for a year before moving back to India to pursue my Bachelor's in hospitality and tourism. I did my MBA in the same in Switzerland and here I am now in Barcelona.

I am a 24 year old girl and am looking to make new friends.

Thank you

Sneha

I am a Ghanaian and really like to learn Spanish and also work there,that's my dream to spain

one thing seems to be dificult to find in spain ,first very near gibraltar border,we are two musicians one singer ,one keyboard player got the gigs but cannot find a singer in spanish ,going solo us two this weekend.just hoping we may find someone who just likes to sing.

Hello, Lucasta.
I was a fashion designer before. Now I'm not working in the field any more but I've got a good understanding of the fashion world from pattern cutting to design. The marketing and the sales as well. I'm not looking for a job but I'd like to exchange ideas with you. That'll be interesting just like going back to my origin.

Hello everyone,

I'm Marvin, 18 years old from Germany and I'll move to Barcelona at the end of this month :) I'm looking forward to meet foreign people and make new friends! Feel free to contact me, I'm open minded and I like to do every kind of activities, like sightseeing, to party, doing sports or whatever else :)

Hello! :-)

I'm Ella, an 19-year old au pair girl from Finland. I arrived at Rubí, Barcelona a week ago and I'm staying for a year. It's very different from my northern home, but so far it's been amazing! I love watching all kinds of movies and TV, knitting and playing video games. I'm looking for friends near my age. I'd love to watch a movie with someone! :-)

Hi, my name is Elena. Im Spanish and my partner is British, we have been living in Sevilla for more than 2 years now and have a one year old baby. I'm an English teacher currently taking time off to be with my son Adam. I would like to meet other parents with kids so our kid can socialize and us as well!

Hi, we're currently living in Sitges (just outside of Barcelona) and thinking about moving further down the coast... looking at Cullera actually. Anybody have any experience in Cullera, like what's the town like in the winter, any cool hangouts, etc? :-)

Hi, I am currently living in Cornwall England but hope when the time is right to move to Ibiza.  I love dancing, especially Salsa, and Jiving,and also swimming. My taste in music is Latin and Retro and I am hoping to be in touch with others with similar tastes. I would be really interested to learn about any restaurants or clubs in Ibiza that cater for these  Hoping someone out there can help me, Thanks.

Hi I'm Joanna. From UK, & currently living in Brighton. I absolutely LOVE Barcelona & have just decided to move there in the next couple of months. I'll be living with my boyfriend but interested in meeting new people & finding work!!
I am a school music teacher & private piano teacher with 10 years experience. Also about to train as a children's yoga teacher. If anyone has any relevant info / advice they could give me about this line of work.. Or anyone who'd like to have piano lessons, then I'd love to hear from you!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please refer with adverts in the appropriate section of the site : JOBS

Hi, we are just back from holiday in Valencia and my job interview there!!! :) Hoping to relocate from Ireland to Valencia next year. Would love some advice on average wage, car insurance costs and general experiences

Hi all,

I am Spanish but have lived in Ireland for 11 years and have recently come back to Spain. I would love to meet new people living in Madrid so I can continue speaking English while I meet new friends. I could help you getting around as well as, with your Spanish if you are trying to learn, while having a bit of craic ;-).

I hope to hear from you soon,
Silvia

Hey, 2 of us (me and my girlfriend) have just recently moved in to Barcelona and was just wondering if anybody had and information for us about the city or about how to fnd a job. We will be happy to do any line of work
Hope to here from youse soon and thank you very much !!
Jack and Kirby

Hi all! I am Giorgos from Greece and I will move to Barcelona in a few days to start a PhD degree in Economics meaning if everything goes well i will be spending at least 3 years there. I have lived there before for a few months and I can't wait to go back since the quality of life there is unmatched! I would be happy to meet new people living in the city!

Moreover, I will also look for a way to support my studying expenses so if anyone can share his experience of getting a part-time job of any type i would deeply appreciate it!

Many thanks!

Hey, do you still live in Ameria, Almeria? Im onmy second year and would LOVE some english speaking friends! Do you ever go to the resaurant the Garden? They have GREAT live music!

Hey, where in Spain do you live?

Greetings! I am studying my masters in Industrial Organisational Psychology, and teaching English in Almeria. If you ever are in the area, Id be happy to meet up! I know some great music bars, and mi casa es su casa!

Closed