Visa Transfer/Cancellation

hi,

I have been in Bahrain since 3 years now and want to change for a new job. When my present company logged into to terminate my visa we were told by a prompt message that you have an issue with the visa and need to resolve it. Upon checking with the LMRA, we were told that "your wife status is invalid and she is yet to be arrived in Bahrain", but she never left bahrain and currently is staying in the island. When we diged into it, we found out that in year 2012 we went to Dubai for 3 days and came back to Bahrain. The respective authorities did not updated the arrival of my wife alone and ever since her status is out of Bahrain. and now due to this, I am unable to cancel my visa with the current company and apply for new visa with my new company. We have been to LMRA 3-4 times to resolve the issue, but no one knows what to do?! Could anyone please suggest/guide! Thanks Jagat

This is very interesting and I am really looking forward to reading the answers, because when I came back from my Eid holiday, nobody stamped my passport. He just looked at it and gave it back to me.

This seems to be getting common in Bahrain now (and a little worrying too). When my residence permit was sent for renewal, the LMRA system showed that I was out of the country, when I was very much here. Apparently my return to Bahrain was not logged in their system. When I asked around, a few other colleagues at work also had faced a similar issue.

It appears the immigration's system and the LMRA's system don't talk to each other well. Or someone forgot to update something.

The administration team at my workplace sorted it out for me. It seemed fairly straightforward, since it took them just a few hours to get my status rectified. Once this was done, my residence permit was renewed in no time.

Farhaz, thanks for sharing the experience. This happened to you recently? Do we need to approach immigration to sort this issue out or LMRA will update it?! Thanks

Yes, this happened a couple of months back. I travelled in June. My RP had to be renewed in July. Thats when we found out. My colleague only had to go to the LMRA with my passport and managed to sort it out.

Thanks Farhaz, It gives me a sigh of relief. LMRA has taken the passport of my wife and have told us that they will do it, but nothing has moved yet, its been more than a week now! anyways, fingers crossed hope it resolves soon. :)

You should push your office PRO or whatever he/she is called. If my colleague could get it done in a day, your office could also do it fairly quickly. Let us know how things go with the change. Best wishes.

Yes, we are going tomorrow to LMRA with PRO. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the wishes.

Today after visiting LMRA we were told that my first employer did not transfer all my details online after cancelling my visa and neither my current company updated the same after transferring me and family on their visa and thats where the confusion started with lmra and immigration. Now, lmra has accepted the goof up is done by the sponsors and all the details has to be updated by the current sponsor, including the smart card by sunday we will know if this is approved or not. Hoping it will be resolved by Sunday.

I'm glad to hear there is some progress. Keep us posted.

This is indeed good news. Now that the issue had been identified, hopefully we should see a solution soon. Please do keep us posted so weall can benefit from your experience.

Sure, once every thing is sorted out, will post each and every detail of this case. Please pray for me that by Sunday this issue is resolved. Thanks

Hi,
The latest update on my case. The LMRA has issued the RP stamp. Waiting for the online updation on EMS, which LMRA has agreed to do since my current sponsor has no idea about LMRA processes. After this the finger print and thats it, I can cancel my visa. Will post all the details of my case once its done. Hopefully soon! :)

Many thanks for the update. Glad to note things progressing well. Best wishes. :)

Hi,
My visa thing still remains unsolved. We have uploaded all the required documents in e-support beginning of this month to register for enrollment. On 23 sept. We get a reply from lmra stating case is resolved and finger print can be done. Upon going to lmra for the same, we were told the issue is still not resolved and were asked to raise another ticket. Is there a way where i can escalate this nuisance against lmra. Its been 2 months now i'm sitting at home jobless without any income and unable to join my new venture in bahrain. Thanks

That is bad. Perhaps my previous employers PRO agency can help. I will introduce them to you.

Thanks Farhaz. Can i have the PRO' name and contact number also can i give him your reference?

jagatram wrote:

Thanks Farhaz. Can i have the PRO' name and contact number also can i give him your reference?

Sure. Sent you a PM yesterday. Yes you can quote my name. I spoke to him once about you. Let me know how it goes.

Hi,

Finally, my case is resolved fully and enrollment process is done. Mobility is in progress.

Farhaz - thanks a million for all your support and help.  :)

Glad everything is resolved and now you are above board. Did you call the PRO agency I suggested or did you do it yourself? Either way, happy to see this end well.

I called him, but he did not pick the call. Fortunately, the very next day all the details were uploaded in the site and my pro called to go to lmra for finger prints. I will soon upload the whole case online. Cheers!!!

Oh thats bad. I will have a chat with him about it. I had already informed him about your case and he agreed that this is something he could do.
Pleased to hear it went well and that all is sorted out.

Not good. :(

dear all,

i reqired some help from bahrain.

i have two year work visa of bahrain. when i came to my home county then i see my visa status it is not valid.

kinldy help me some one.

i want to go bahrain.

but visa status is not valid.

in my passport expiry date is 14 may 2015.

Regards

Ejaz ahmad

How do you know your visa status is not valid? Who told you this?

Hai Iam working in a pvisa.alrea sector from past 1.6 years.recently I had given resignation to the company.so my company told me that already he given request for cancelation (lmra).my passport is with my employer.can you plz tell me how long Its take to cancel my visa and emigration. After submitting documents.

nidhinkumar100 wrote:

Hai Iam working in a pvisa.alrea sector from past 1.6 years.recently I had given resignation to the company.so my company told me that already he given request for cancelation (lmra).my passport is with my employer.can you plz tell me how long Its take to cancel my visa and emigration. After submitting documents.

Usually its a one day process. My previous company did this in a few hours for me.

Hai sir,                                                                              now my visa is showing not valid . he did't give my passport with cancelation.he told me that it takes time.i did't take any mobility .Its 4 days already over.can I raise any complaint against my company.my company did not pay my 2 months salary.

Now my company warned me that if you go for any complaint .he will black listed me.what should I do? My laste date to exit from bahrain is on sunday .Plz help me.i dnt have any single fils for having my food.plz respond immediately.

They seem to have cancelled your work visa and are just hanging on to your passport. I think they want to make sure you leave the country. They will give you your passport only at the airport. Typical behaviour of unprofessional employers.

You should go to your embassy and get them involved to get your passport back.

Can I get your contact number

nidhinkumar100 wrote:

Can I get your contact number

We can discuss anything online - on the forum. That way the discussion is open and everyone can help, add and advise on the matters being discussed. I do not like to give my contact number to people I have just met online.

Fahraz is right. This is a typical behaviour for unprofessional companies. They will give you your passport and it is likely to have a cancellation stamp on it. Alternatively, you can check the status of your visa on the LMRA website, which should say CANCELLED. If it doesn't, ask your employer why doesn't it say cancelled on the LMRA's website.

Hi everyone!
Just want to ask how many days or how long it will take for my employeer/ company to extend and cancell my visa. I was supposed to leave bahrain but I was hold at the airport on passport verification and was not able to take my flight. My company failed to extend/ renew my visa. My visa expired for almost 3months and they assure me that they did the extension and cancellation b4 I got my last pay and ticket. I was not able to exit and the airport staff call for my employeer and asked them to extend and cancell my visa. So I gave them my passport and now I am worried if how long it will take. I want to go home and exit as soon as passible. How irresponsible they are to assure me not to have a problem and yet they don't do anything for my visa extension and cancellation. Will it take days or weeks, or only an hour or a day for me to take a final flight and exit. I already did the proper notification of my intention not to renew my visa or not to renew my contract and do the clearance procedure got my last pay documents and ticket and now hanged and do not know when to go again. Already waited to a month without salary.
I hoep anybody could answer me. Thanks a lot in advance

dear ferhaz,
                     i need your help.could you confirm to me is jaaabh retail super store exist in Bahrain  because our employer boson connect given to us jaaabh contract letter 100 candidates who has chosen from Pakistan and India. and they said you peoples will fly and get visa in month of may but unfortunately they peoples don't giving us reply to our application status who has been submitted in LMRA for security clearance purpose even don't given us our application number.many candidates are worry.

this is interesting .. my sister is going for a month long vacation on august, i should probably advise her to be alert before leaving/entering the kingdom ...

thanks for this blog - it's really very entertaining and educational hehe  :D

It should take a couple of days for your company to cancel the visa - however keep chasing your employer about this and explain that you are not able to leave Bahrain because of that.

Farhaz wrote:

This seems to be getting common in Bahrain now (and a little worrying too). When my residence permit was sent for renewal, the LMRA system showed that I was out of the country, when I was very much here. Apparently my return to Bahrain was not logged in their system. When I asked around, a few other colleagues at work also had faced a similar issue.

It appears the immigration's system and the LMRA's system don't talk to each other well. Or someone forgot to update something.

The administration team at my workplace sorted it out for me. It seemed fairly straightforward, since it took them just a few hours to get my status rectified. Once this was done, my residence permit was renewed in no time.

hello everyone,

provably for how long should process a working visa? i feel hopeless of waiting to release of my visa actually i came back to the philippines with cancellation because i don't want to renew my previous employer. now there is an agent who was working my papers so that i can come back to work in bahrain. my release paper already done and they said lmra and embassy authentiication was done. why they said that my papers now is in the immigration i was really confused. please i need an explanation just to inlighten my mind. 
                                                                                                                  thank you.

simplyannette,

your question is not very clear, could you be explain a little.

T&R