Schools

Thank you to the student from St Catherine's, you've helped me make my choice.

Are there any St Michael's students  or their parents who can give me some advantages and disadvantages about their school?

Thanks

Did you manage to get more info. about St. Michaels' student since your post?

If yes, i would be grateful if you could drop a line.... we are very interested to enroll our kids at this school but have no info about what it is like..... i.e. whether it is fun for kids, academically sound, clean, etc.....

We are going out to see San Andrea next week as it came highly recommended. Our son is 5 in August so we are keen to find a school that he will be happy in and has high standards. So far the communications from San Andrea have been excellent, others sadly have not even bothered to reply to our initial contact regarding arranging a visit.We live in Singapore and met Maltese people at a children's party and they had lots of positive things to say about San Andrea. I work in schools in the UK and it does all come down to individual requirements and no school is perfect. Our son so far has had excellent relationships with his teachers and he has gained so much from this. San Andrea encouraged us to take our son with us to the visit as they felt it important that he got a feel for the school too.I also asked an extensive amount of questions and was more than happy with the answers they provided. Fingers crossed we are impressed with our visit.

Ciao sonia,
Mi puoi mandare la tua email, avrei bisogno di chiederti diverse informazioni sulle scuole. Grazie
Roby

Hi  rl_malta,

Please can you write in English on the Anglophone forum, so that other members on the forum can read. :)

Note that there is an Italian forum section, feel free to participate there also. :)

Regards,

David.

Hello Everyone
I read many of your posts and comments and I truly appreciate it. I am a Maltese living in Singapore who will potentially move back to Malta in 2015. I am requesting appointments in schools for my 5year old daughter who is attending Montessori International here in Singapore. She loves it and her teachers are great.

I saw some posts of others living in Singapore and will be moving to malta. I would like to connect.
cheers

Dont go to verdala it is a terrible school for a LOT and I mean a LOT of money

Hi, we enrolled our son at San Andrea and he absolutely loves it. He has never in the school year said that he does not want to go to school. Initially he found the playground rough as he had a small peer group in Wee Care, Singapore but now he seem to have toughened up and never complains. The teaching style is very different to what we were used to but he really enjoys doing the work and reads better now than he ever did. My friends children are all happy too and our son enjoys the extra curricular classes after school and the tennis lessons on a Saturday. We had intended possibly moving in a year but if he continues to enjoy school as much as he does now we will stay longer. Our friends in Scotland have all said that their children have not enjoyed Primary One as much as our son has. Like any school there are little niggles but the staff have dealt with any things that I have had concerns about. All in all a positive and happy start to formal education :)

Just want to give you the heads up about San Andrea...I loved that school too but we had to take our kids out due to financial reasons. My kids left San Andrea 8 years ago and we still have not received our deposit. I'm so sorry I didn't use the deposit as their last semesters payment but they promised me at the time that we would receive it within a years time...HA!!!. It may not be a biggie to you...but thought I'd warn you anyway. If you know anyone or if anyone on this site has received it...please let me know...

Our friends just removed their twins and got their deposit back within four weeks. Might be worth chasing up and we had been pre warned about not getting the deposit back on many reviews :( Time will tell. We were also told we could pay the £400 per year but when we got to paying the deposit they asked for the £1500.

Do you know how long their twins attended? I will definitely do another follow up. Thanks a lot!!!!

Hello i am a girl who goes to St.Martins College it is the best school in the world i am soooooooo happy i go there it is slightly expensive but soooooo worth it because i learn soooooo many fun and new things there and i love school, my friends, my teachers, well..... EVERYTHING soooooo much! :):one:up::one:up:

the fees san andrea school

Check the Verdala School in Pembroke. It is very popular for expats.

Can highly recommend St Michael's - my son's progress at school has accelerated since attending. I also really like the feel of the school. Very calm with friendly staff. On top of that, excellent levels of communication between the school and parents. Looked at all independent schools (apart from Verdalla) and couldn't be happier with the decision to go with St Michael Foundation.

Any one has information on prices for St.Michaels school please?

My daughter is 14 and looking for a friend give us a shout when you here a d we can get them together,we are in rabat,gozo

Hello to everyone,

My daughter is 5 years old and she half Polish and half Italian. We are thinking to move our family in Malta. Do You suggest to enroll my daughter in a public or private primary school?
How much is to enroll in a private primary school about?

Should we take the permanent address in malta to enroll her in a public school? Is it easy for European people?

Thank you and best regards

Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about st Michaels?
We are moving to Malta in October (with 7&8 year olds) and none of the frequently mentioned schools have places (for both), with exception of St Michaels (which makes me wonder why).
TIA
Cheers
Stuart

@aloaha
Could you tell us a bit more about St Michael's, please?
Thx

Can highly recommend St Michael's - my son's progress at school has accelerated since attending. I also really like the feel of the school. Very calm with friendly staff. On top of that, excellent levels of communication between the school and parents. Looked at all independent schools (apart from Verdalla) and couldn't be happier with the decision to go with St Michaels

You may have to go on a waiting list. A friend wanted to move her children from their current school to St Michael Junior, but unfortunately they are full up. I had to wait for a year to get my eldest son into St Michael's (Chiswick house did have a space for him, but this school was not our preference), luckily he will be starting St Michael tomorrow!

Pm me if you want more info

Hello to everyone,

My daughter is 5 years old and she half Polish and half Italian. We are thinking to move our family in Malta. Do You suggest to enroll my daughter in a public or private primary school?
How much is to enroll in a private primary school about?

Should we take the permanent address in malta to enroll her in a public school? Is it easy for European people?

Thank you and best regards

Hi  :cheers:

My family and I are considering a move to Malta from Australia in 2016/2017.  I have contacted 2 schools so far - San Anton and San Andrea regarding enrolment for my two children (boys) aged 5 years and 7 years - unfortunately I have been informed that there are no places available! Can anyone recommend any other schools - I've just looked at St Edwards but cannot find any reviews...

Ideally I would like to enrol my children in San Anton or San Andrea - is there anyone else who has experienced these difficulties when trying to enrol their children?

Yes! We just arrived here 12/10. All schools were full with the exception of St Michaels.I think the island has had an immigration/baby/growth boom! We just got our 2 (7 & 8) into St Michaels and are very happy
Others you might try are QSI and Verdala (both $$$) & Chiswick
There are a couple of others I'll try to recall and post
Good luck

St Catherine's too