Babaro beach - starting a business Health and Wellness type. advice?

Hi ,Im new to the forum , im planing to move to the Dominican republic Babaro beach -my  cousin ,is giving me an apartment in cocotal -babaro , IM looking to start a business , i would love to ether ,put a small health & wellness type of business ,vegan food & paleo diet for that  area ,I would star at home first cooking healthy plates to sell to the residential area in cocotal ..What do you guys think , . :/

Welcome to the forums. Before you decide to open a business you need to see if there is any  market for what you want to produce.  And you will need to understand the rules here!

Have you been here before?  Speak Spanish?  Understand the culture?

Yes I was born there  & grew up in new York city and I speak Spanish.

Cool then your hopes are much better!!!!  But not sure there is a market for it, you need to check.

Yes check before you spend any money on this venture.

Do you have your Dominican Passport and current cedula?

Bob

Oh and welcome to the forum

Bob K

Yes, Bob I have my Dominican passport & current cedula. SO what do you think is a good business to put in BABARO ,I was there 2 years ago and staid for 6 months and most-lie what i so was bars & restaurant and little business of knickknacks for the tourist most of the Better  stores are in the mall , bout what I'm looking to put is a small small type of business for me to sustain myself will I'm there , to pay for the bills & other things.

That is the question.   So to be real,  if I had business ideas I would do them myself. (which I do)

I am producing a few natural, healthy related products and looking for distribution.

Hi Dreamtime,  Tell me more about the products your producing ,I'm thinking of going to DR in October ,

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

The first product is a line of Ozonated oils. If you don't know what that is, you can read about it at this site.
http://www.ozonatedoilonline.com/home.html

Second product is organic red and green chile pepper flakes and powders, including chipotle, direct from my friends farm in New Mexico. Doesn't get any better than this stuff. It's hard to even find green chile flakes in the USA unless you are in the growing region.

Third product are body butters. I make my own and will start on this as soon as I can source the raw materials here. Once you try these you won't buy another one again. Especially here, where everything is pure chemicals including shampoos and liquid soaps. When you walk through the aisle in any La Sirena every shampoo brand is all chemicals. Completely nuts.

After these three I have a few more things I want to come out with but need to get these going first.