Kingsley international school... Needs advice please.

Hi,
If anyone knows any positive or nigative thing about Kingsley international school in KL please share it here with me because I am planning to move my kids there.

I also need advise on where to plan to get an apartment if my kids go to this school and my husbans work is in Ampang?
Please help
Oroba

Hi Ampang to Subang Jaya. Are you joking? All across KL! Toll roads are better of course (fed highway is a giant carpark lol) but it's not a commute I would do

Nemodot,
:| so
Where do you advice her to stay? I mean do you know somewhere in between the work in Ampang and the school in subang jaya? I have similar problem

I wasn't that impressed with Kingsley, as a last resort sure, but for the same amount of fees you can choose from Sri Garden, ELC or Tenby International, the latter two being the better of all four.

Kiwi,
Please share your experience with ELC school, i read many nigative things about them in this forum. So tell us about it please .
Tata

Tata-mm wrote:

Kiwi,
Please share your experience with ELC school, i read many nigative things about them in this forum. So tell us about it please .
Tata

Hi Tata-mm,

We went to ELC and Tenby, we preferred TENBY environment and school Ed system, staffs are friendly. We also have viewing the children in the classroom and their works too.

reviewing school is very individual. What I like may be what you don't like. :)

My children are starting at Tenby Jan 3rd, the only reason they are not going to ELC is because there were no spaces available. I would have been happy to send them to either of the schools but now that they have been accepted into Tenby I think I prefer them. I think ELC are a bit more clinical whereas Tenby had a more homely feel to it.

Hi
Kingsley is the most ridiculous school.  I received a called today and the caller identified herself as Rachel from Kingsley International School and ask when I am sending my child for placement test. 

When ask what is unique strength of the school, I was told that the school is bully free and teachers take education seriously.  However she was not able to share more about the strength of the teaching staff.  The condition is that only when your child go for placement test and after registration you can ask information about the teaching staff.  I am very suspicious of such secretive approach. 

If you are considering International School seriously don't try out school like this  without track record.  Go for established one like Garden International, Alice Smith, KL International School etc.

Hi team_dreat,

Just want to let you know that this thread is outdated " 2011". Feel free to start a new topic on your own or to participate in the recent thread on Kuala Lumpur forum :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi team_dreat,

I believe you must have received a call not a called.

Anyway, back into the issue of having track record. You can't expect long track record for a new school unlike those established long time ago.

As far as the IGCSE 2015 results are concerned, they did pretty well. 80% A/A* for Physics, 73% A/A* for Additional Mathematics, 65% for Biology and 64% for Chemistry is quite impressive.

Don't you think so?

Ho hum. What you need to ask is

- how many actually got A*/A
- how many in year group started to do each subject. Many schools drop students not doing well to massage percentages up. Cheap trick
-how many actual entries were there for all IGCSEs

Then divide number of entries by number of students in year 11. Should be approx 9 but 8 ok as min

Adjust percentages for all subjects based on those actually started the subject as well.

If less than 8 igcse per student then adjust  againall percentages by average no/8

Then you have fairer figures. Actually even better strip out silly old Malay as a foreign language IGCSE from results overall.

Also of course rote learning gets As. But students fail later on as not educated.

Also ask how many students just doing one science. Two is absolute min and all should teally do three. If average IGCSE science per student is less than 2.5 then bad.