Transfer to Bahrain- should i bring my household stuff and electronics

Hello Friends,

I have traveled to Bahrain a lot but now I am getting transferred to Bahrain in a month. Have purchased a lot of electronic items last year and resale value would be nothing as considering the price of new items in Bahrain.
Hence I would need to understand if I could take my household stuffs and electronic items to Bahrain via my car or luggage transfer. Any additional custom duty on them.

hi,

I think there should be any duty levied on household and used electronic items, but where are you moving in from?

T&R

Ive heard that items are cheaper in Saudi - so if its cost effective for you to bring them over then do so. Otherwise you get most of the electronic items here for household anyway. In 'some' cases i found electronic items here in Bahrain were cheaper than Europe. I did do the comparison or the same item(s) and thats how i knew.

Good luck with your relocation, please do let us know what you decide as im sure it will help other expats in your situation who want to bring goods from Saudi to Bahrain.

Good Luck  :top: