Food intolerance - Wheat flour and Dairy

Hi,
We have just moved here from the UK, we are learning French but still very early days with it!

My mum is visiting from England and she is intolerant to Wheat Flour.... i would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to ask in a restaurant does the meal has wheat flour in?"

Also could you tell me how to say "does the sauce have wheat flour in?" (helps with salads) and how would i say "she can't eat Wheat Flour?"

Also how do you ask the same but for dairy (milk)?

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help - even if we just have it written down, it means we can take it to the restaurant with us and mum would feel a lot more relaxed x

Thanks again Amanda x :)

Elle ne peut pas manger de la farine de blé..............She may not eat wheat flour.
Elle ne peut pas manger des produits laitiers............She may not eat dairy products.
Elle ne peut pas boire du lait......................................She may not drink milk.
Est-ce qu'il y a de la farine de blé dans la sauce?......Is there wheat flour in the sauce?
Quels répas sont sans produits laitiers et de la farine de blé?..................Which meals are without dairy products and wheat flour?

Bonne journée!

Hi Amanda,

Most restaurants are accustomed to the fact that some people may have food allergies.
Therefore, compared to what you requested, the easier is to tell the server that the person is allergic to gluten (flour + derivatives) and lactose (dairy). So you will say --> Attention, ma mère est allergique au gluten et au lactose.

Just a comment : Currently there is no cure for food allergies. The only way to manage risk is to completely avoid the allergen. In the presence of anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), emergency treatment is an injection of epinephrine, available in autoinjector. Epinephrine should be injected as soon as the symptoms of severe allergic reaction occur. The injection should be followed by further treatment and observation period in the emergency room at the hospital. If your allergist informed you of a food allergy diagnosis and gave you a prescription epinephrine, keep the auto-injector on hand at all times and learn to use it properly. Follow your allergist's advice on how to use the auto-injector.

Thanks for the advice :) really kind. Had a great time with mum and food wasn't a problem to her - everyone was so helpful at restaurants.
Thanks so much for the help though.
Best wishes
Amanda x

De rien Amanda. 

Bonne journée.