Family visa for british female expat

Hello,

I have got a job offer from engineering company in Oman. I am a British citizen and my family is too. Could I bring my husband and daughter on family visa. I asked the HR department of my company and they said yes but I am still confused.

regards,

F

hi, please confirm with your HR dept, as i know i was told that , a lady cannot sponser her husband. you can surely bring on visiting.

Thanks saveron.

I thought the case varies as per your skill set and also pay scale.

If you don't mind me asking which skill set you applied for when you asked HR

i am a software engineer, and my visa status was accordingly.i am not sure about it, as i was offered from other company and was discussing on the same as my husband had also got a job offer but there was delay in visa clearence then.

so i had asked for the visiting , they had mistaken to fly and said me the same that i cannot sponser. But by gods grace my husband came on his own employment visa.

yes family joining totally depends on the pay scale , and i was eligible for that as well.

i am not very sure about this so better you discuss correctly before .

@ fali78 and saveron,

As per the local labour laws, only a man is entitled to sponsor his family (wife and his children only). A woman is not accorded this benefit, unless the situation warrants it - widow, with dependent children. This is decided purely on a case-to-case basis.

As fali78 has incorrectly assumed, no woman can sponsor her husband / children either on the basis of her skill-sets, or on the basis of her salary slab.

Being an Islamic country, here in the Sultanate, the sponsoring of one's family is a privilege that is extended only to the head of the family (male), after he meets with certain basic requirements in terms of income earned per month, designation, et al.

As stated above, in some rare cases, a woman is allowed to sponsor her children, but seldom her spouse. I am not so sure basis what the HR department has said that fali78 can play sponsor to her spouse and children.

Would be happy to hear of any updates - just for my academic information.