Moving to Puente Genil, Córdoba

Holaa
I'm a University of Southampton student moving to Spain to teach English with British Council for my third year abroad. I have just been placed with a school in Puente Genil, Córdoba so I will be moving there in early October for the 2015-16 school year. I haven't seen any other posts about this town yet on the site but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else is living nearby/ in the Córdoba region!
Would be interested in meeting up with other expats to explore the area and little, etc. so feel free to send me a message!

Hey,
Looks like we are in the same boat, I'm being sent by the Irish equivalent of the British Council. I've been placed in two schools in Puente Genil for 15/16 as well and will probably be heading over there late september/early october. Any idea what schools you will be in or where your training is, pretty sure mine is in Madrid?
I dont know too much about the area but from what i've heard it looks like it will be good craic (its irish it means fun).
Send me a message if you think you'll be up for exploring and figuring out living in spain.
Hasta Luego

Hey
Ah I'm glad to hear there'll be someone else nearby, I thought I'd be the only one! Have you been added to the language assistants facebook groups for Córdoba and Andalucia etc? If not you may find it useful! I've found a couple of others who are nearish but none actually in Puente Genil. Feel free to add me on facebook if you like/ want to meet up at some point once we're there! (My profile is under Catherine May Simpson so you should be able to find me if you want to)

Hi Guys
Just came accross your blog chat there while looking for Irish/English near Cordoba. I just arrived from Ireland to teach english in Cordoba last week. What a city! Are either of yee ( Irish ism) in the city of cordoba?

Hey, I'm not I'm afraid, I'll be in Puente Genil, on the outskirts of the region. However, there are quite a few facebook groups, including a specific Córdoba one, where you can find others near you! Good luck with it all :)

Cordoba is a great province but very insular culturally. Make sure you get air con as its absolutely boiling hot.
Visit wonderful cordoba city and the immense sierra de carzola
Enjoy