Filipina caregiver

Im planning to go to taiwan and work as a caregiver thru agency in philippines, i would like to know the living condition, salary and any details about the job and life in taiwan.

Hi HNjoyz welcome on board
Taiwan is a nice place for any foreign worker to work.
Based on the government regulation salary for care giver is 15.840 NTD per month

Regard
Bidara

Hello RNjoyz,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

I would suggest you to have a look at the different topics available on the forum so that you can get an insight about what you are looking for :

1) Cost of living in Taiwan
2) Everyday life in Taiwan
3) Working in Taiwan
4) Health system in Taiwan

I hope you will get more information from the members soon.

Best of luck..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

i hear its pretty brutal and conditions are not so good for anyone working as a housemaid in Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China.

not being able to leave the house ever and no days off are just an example of what to expect.  maintaining your sanity will be the hardest part.

i've a Filipina friend who worked a few months in Hong Kong as a housemaid but she gave up and went back to Manila. 

basically its borderline modern slavery.

good luck.

gulfport wrote:

i hear its pretty brutal and conditions are not so good for anyone working as a housemaid in Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China.

not being able to leave the house ever and no days off are just an example of what to expect.  maintaining your sanity will be the hardest part.

i've a Filipina friend who worked a few months in Hong Kong as a housemaid but she gave up and went back to Manila. 

basically its borderline modern slavery.

good luck.

Should you really stated that  :/  not all treated like what you said.
All depends on ones luck.

With Indonesian government  planning to stop sending worker aboard, the chance for Philippines, Vietnam and other country are high now. So my advise are be polite and maintain good work ethic.
Do good get good ,do bad get bad.

Regard
Bidara

i just checked with my Filipina friend and she says that she's not the only one complaining about being mistreated in Hong Kong; in fact last weekend they had a massive rally on the streets of HK asking for basic human rights such as freedom to move, congregate with other colleagues and decent meals.

basically she has one day off a month like most other housemaids and she's not allowed to leave the apartment where she works.

when i used to work in Dubai it was pretty common to read on the newspapers about housemaids being sexually abused and/or dying while trying to abort at home.  otherwise if the baby was born; they'd often be left in a box outside a hospital or police station. 

in Lebanon and Saudi its also a common practice to accommodate housemaids on the kitchen floor or balcony.

at the end of the day; i can't judge but i doubt such employment is worth the humiliation and abuse.  i've met Filipino housemaids that were desperate to go home but their passport were withheld by the employer; there are so many such cases in Dubai that most people look at them with disbelief as to why they came in the first place.

some countries providing housemaids / caregivers have banned their citizens to work in certain locations due to massive reports on abuse received.

Depends, many told me they never get days off, only those that have been here for more than a few years can get days off others do not, if you able to be exploited by your agency you can be. Besides that Taiwan people are generally kind and friendly but can still be slave-drivers so ensure you can keep your passport, dignity and sanity if it all goes to hell.